Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Emotional Rescue V2
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 23, 2008 06:16

Based on what all I've read, maybe some of this is a bit off but it seems very close. I put this together today, burned it, and it sounds FANTASTIC! Came in at 79 minutes and 57 seconds - 3 seconds to spare on the 80 minute disc (the last one I added was Neighbours). From Static In The Attic and the Virgin copy of ER and Tattoo You. I have no other boots of any ER material:

EMOTIONAL RESCUE V2
Dance Pt. 1
Hang Fire
Send It To Me
Let Me Go
I Think I'm Going Mad
Indian Girl (unedited)
Let's Go Steady
Little T&A
Down In The Hole
Claudine
We Had It All
No Use In Crying (unedited)
If I Was A Dancer (Dance Pt. 2)
Emotional Rescue (unedited)
She's So Cold
Neighbours
All About You

Re: Emotional Rescue V2
Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 23, 2008 12:20

How about this instead?

Dance Part 1
Claudine
Hang Fire
I Think I'm Going Mad
Let's Go Steady
We Had It All
Emotional Rescue (Unedited)
If I Was A Dancer

That's a perfect album, no?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2008 13:28

It can't be perfect without I Need You...

Posted by: Simon ()
Date: February 23, 2008 13:54

And is there any chance to get this killer-record somewhere?

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 23, 2008 13:59

Simon
And is there any chance to get this killer-record somewhere?

Check out the following bootlegs - Static in the Attic (should be available on Hot Stuff) and The Emotional Rescue Sessions.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2008 16:10

Vinyl 1 or CD 1 of Accident Will Happen (Claudine) is an alternate EMotional Rescue - in same soundquality as Static In The Attic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-23 16:14 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 25, 2008 01:18

I don't have a very good version of I Need You. The Static tracks are the finished unedited versions. So that's why I included them on my own version. At least as far as the unreleased tunes they are the complete one that I know of and have. And they sound great.

I know Neighbours shouldn't be on there. But what the hell.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: February 25, 2008 18:28

Any chance that some kind soul would send me a copy of skipstone's Emotional Reworking. It's amazing how many songs that I have never heard. All help greatly appreciated spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 25, 2008 18:38

Hey iamthedj, send me an email. I can make a copy and snail mail it to you.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: February 25, 2008 19:56

Hi Skipstone, I cannot see your e-mail address on your profile but you can e-mail me privately at dnicholl@monaghancoco.ie

Date: February 25, 2008 20:13

Oops. iamthedj - I thought I had it so it was to be seen. It is now. I'll e you.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 26, 2008 15:59

It's a crime to have omitted Where The Boys Are Go (especially the great long version)

Date: February 26, 2008 17:57

Based on what I've read - which is the whole reason I made ER V2 the way it is - with exception to Neighbours - Where The Boys Go and Summer Romance were done (finished) for Some Girls but left off.

So my version of Some Girls will have those tracks plus So Young and Turning To Gold and, what, there was something else. Oh yeah, Black Limousine.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 26, 2008 20:01

mitch
It's a crime to have omitted Where The Boys Are Go (especially the great long version)

Which long and great version are you talking about?

These are all known version of the track.

Where The Boys Go I (MJ/KR) -early lyrics
Where The Boys Go II (MJ/KR) -early lyrics, incomplete with piano ending
Where The Boys Go III (MJ/KR) -’Where The Boys All Go’-version
Where The Boys Go IV (MJ/KR) -version used for thermo-promo
Where The Boys Go V (MJ/KR) -’Emotional Rescue’-version

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Date: February 26, 2008 22:17

Um, I've only heard what is on Static In The Attic. I can't quite recall if the one studio 4 disc Hot Stuff (starts with Rice Krispies and ends with the edit version of Almost Hear You Sigh - of all things! I had to get a goddamn bootleg to get the single edit version of Almost Hear You Sigh!) one I have has anything other than Sweet Home Chicago on it...it might but the quality sucks.

There was a place in New Orleans, in the French Quarter - Magic Bus. These guys had fantastic bootlegs. It's where I got all of my Stones boots. I mean, they'd get some in and I was lucky that Skippy would hold on to one or two copies just so I'd have a chance to get one. I didn't get there as much as I'd like to. But I did get the 2 out of 3 Voodoo boot box sets...my favourite being the one of Keith overdubbing New Faces and then the one of Keith and Ronnie doing You Got It Made...and a few other tunes - mostly Keith's tunes ironically...The Worst unedited, It's Funny, the really nice full length version of Brand New Car. It's a shame they edit the tunes down sometimes but I guess in the end it makes sense. And I got Static In The Attic, I think some 1973 boot that has the Ya-Ya's cover (it's a double, with I think some 72 shows in it as well?) and Sparks Will Fly, the Giants Stadium August 14, 1994 show with the best version of Shattered I've ever heard in my entire life. And maybe something else but that's about it. Oh, another Hot Stuff 4 disc one that's live from 1969 to 1994.

Then some @#$%& blew the whistle on Magic Bus for selling bootlegs. They got fined, I think Skippy went to jail, they stopped selling boots and started going more for out of print things and whatever odds and ends. And then Katrina hit.

The real fu*cking IRK about them getting busted is that shithole The Mushroom that's Uptown sells totally crap bootlegs for 4 times the amount of money.

I've basically given up on buying bootlegs anymore. I don't know where else to go and I was always able to listen to them first before spending the money on them at Magic Bus. So I got spoiled.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home