Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Let It Bleed MONO (UK Decca)
Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: April 15, 2008 14:42

I've looked up my edition and it's the "Decca" one with a fake Decca record label and "Promotional Copy" added. I guess this one and the "Mecca" one might be be from the same source, as they both use exactly the same excellent high resolution digipack cover. Maybe they decided to mask the origin of these recordings when using certain pressing plants... who knows.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 15, 2008 16:18

I wonder if I've got a CD from a bad batch or something!? confused smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 15, 2008 18:39

I guess you did, His Majesty cause the Mecca one I have is pretty much perfect all the way through other than some minor surface noise between some tracks.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 15, 2008 19:29

The Mono LIB is a must have for vinyl collectors. Just as JR already have said, the sound and mix is just a pleasure for the earssmiling smiley

There are plenty of the non boxed Mono LIB on e-bay and you can easily pick up a nice copy from there. But be ready to put up between 150 to 200 punds for an excellent copy. VG's would sell for 100-150 punds. Put into USD, around 200 to 250 USD would be an ok price for it.

Then the BOXED version of Mono LIB is ultra rare. you may see about 100 pcs non boxed on one boxed logo. But the price is usually much less for a boxed one compared to a non boxed, just because everyone "thinks and knows" that the versions to collect would be non boxed ones.

The thing is that LIB was issued in December of 1969 and the change of label designe att DECCA took place just about the same time. So probably you had both non boxed and boxed in the shop on the same time. Anyhow, the change of label design was done when the majority of Mono LP*s already had been manufactured. Another thing is that DECCA dropped the manufacturing of Mono LP's in the beginning of 1970. So there is only a small window of time when boxed Mono LIB's were made, like December 1969 to January 1970.

Just as Mickijaggeroo said, have a look on my DECCA pages on our homepage, www.stonesvikings.com
I have not yet done the pages for LIB but I am working on this LP just now.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: April 15, 2008 21:06

Jan Richards
Then the BOXED version of Mono LIB is ultra rare. you may see about 100 pcs non boxed on one boxed logo. But the price is usually much less for a boxed one compared to a non boxed, just because everyone "thinks and knows" that the versions to collect would be non boxed ones.

excellent - like you wrote I paid "nothing" for my boxed Mono on Ebay but I spent a fortune on a mint unboxed one.
btw my boxed one has the poster-sticker on the cover whilst the unboxed one has no sticker but comes along with the (Poster Included)-print on the back right below the Mono/Stereo-hole.
But there are even more variations on the Stereo-editions. I stopped to buy after 6 different (boxed & unboxed) British stereo-editions. I'm almost sure JR is having a few more..;-)

Date: April 15, 2008 21:51

Forgot to add a few things to my earlier comment. If the poster is included, then you need to add maybe 50% to the prize. The one asked 600 punds for that recently was up for sale on e-bay also had the rare promo booklet, a 12 pages book included with all earlier Stones LP's pictured, some text and some additional band member pictures. That one increases the price another 100%

But then again, to talk about values of elpees is not really the issue. One can say 50 punds for an elpee and another person can value the same to 500 punds. It really comes down to how much YOU are ready to pay to get that specific item into your collection. The value is only of importance then when you will sell out your collection, did you get more or less that you originally paid for the item all those years ago.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: April 15, 2008 22:08

silkcut1978_
Jan Richards

excellent - like you wrote I paid "nothing" for my boxed Mono on Ebay but I spent a fortune on a mint unboxed one.
btw my boxed one has the poster-sticker on the cover whilst the unboxed one has no sticker but comes along with the (Poster Included)-print on the back right below the Mono/Stereo-hole.
But there are even more variations on the Stereo-editions. I stopped to buy after 6 different (boxed & unboxed) British stereo-editions. I'm almost sure JR is having a few more..;-)

Again a proof that non boxed and boxed labels vere used at the same time for LIB. The sticker "Poster Included" was used befor the print on the back side and you have a boxed logo with sticker which basically should be an earlier version and a non boxed label with the print on the back side that basically should be a later version. Nicethumbs up

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 15, 2008 22:15

Jan Richards
Forgot to add a few things to my earlier comment. If the poster is included, then you need to add maybe 50% to the prize. The one asked 600 punds for that recently was up for sale on e-bay also had the rare promo booklet, a 12 pages book included with all earlier Stones LP's pictured, some text and some additional band member pictures. That one increases the price another 100%

But then again, to talk about values of elpees is not really the issue. One can say 50 punds for an elpee and another person can value the same to 500 punds. It really comes down to how much YOU are ready to pay to get that specific item into your collection. The value is only of importance then when you will sell out your collection, did you get more or less that you originally paid for the item all those years ago.

Its interesting about that promo book....I dont think they actually were part of the Let It Bleed package. I got mine in an RSM-1. Also came with promo letter, telling about the differences between the US pressing (RSD-1). Its a different LP entirely---AND in glorious MONO!

JR

Date: April 15, 2008 23:23

Correct John, I'm also a bit unsure about the booklet being sold/given with LIB or not. One of my fellow Vikings, Ove T got the promo booklet as new back in 1969. I have to check with him how he actually got it.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: bms941 ()
Date: April 20, 2008 00:26

Can someone please explain the signficance of the matrix numbers in determining how early of a pressing the record is? I've seen some mono records with the same number on each side and others with different numbers. Also, I've seen some labels where the matrix number is upside down. Thanks in advance for any information on this.

Date: April 20, 2008 03:03

As far as I know, only two mono pressings. One with both sides ending in 1-A, and the other with both sides ending in 2-A. I have seen ones with one side with 1-A and the other with 2-A, and vice versa.

JR

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2008 05:08

I must be deaf. I've never heard big difference between the stereo and the mono Let It Bleed. Or maybe all the scratches on my copy ruins it. I don't know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-20 05:30 by GuĂ°ni Gunnarsson.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: April 20, 2008 20:22

My open mono: XARL-9363.P-2A/XARL-9364.P-1A
My boxed mono: XARL-9363.P-2A/XARL-9364.P-1A

So exactly the same...
Still looking for Have You Seen Your Mother, Live..
If this one exists, no doubt, the rarest mono album on the planet....
(LK4838)

Hendrik

Date: April 20, 2008 21:07

I'm still looking for the Mono Flowers LK4888 to make it "complete" (I'd love to have a copy of Let It Bleed with one side boxed, the other unboxed as well ;-)

Maybe someone is having it on offer...??

Date: April 20, 2008 21:56

Hendrik
My open mono: XARL-9363.P-2A/XARL-9364.P-1A
My boxed mono: XARL-9363.P-2A/XARL-9364.P-1A

So exactly the same...
Still looking for Have You Seen Your Mother, Live..
If this one exists, no doubt, the rarest mono album on the planet....
(LK4838)

Hendrik

The only Mono Have You Seen Your Mother, LIVE I have is a Decca test pressing.

Please see photo...

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-20 22:09 by stone-relics.

Date: April 20, 2008 22:02

John,

Impressive as always.
I have the boxed and unboxed version, however they are both in stereo.
Dont see a reason why it shouldnt be released in mono but never seen proof..have you?
Hendrik

Date: April 20, 2008 22:17

Hendrik,

Sometimes with exports, especially later in the 60s, they only did export Stereo versions. this may explain why no monos of HYSYM LIVE stock copies have never shown up. I have NEVER seen one. I helped with a new UK price guide, and made a notation that this probably does not exist.

For silkcut...here is even a rarer flowers! UK Export London FFRR to Japan.

JR

Date: April 20, 2008 22:35

Thanks John, will keep on searching though..and let you know when Ive found one...

Date: April 20, 2008 23:10

John, thanks for the pic of the Export-Flowers but I don't care too much for the ones with a London label. They turn up on ebay every now and then (Stone Age lately for example) and I remember I bought a few in the late 70s/early 80s.

Based on the country I was born I'm more into German & British DECCA-discs and the most obscure (to my eyes) piece I ever came by is a German "Come On/I Want To Be Loved". Some of you might know that the 1st German single was "I Wanna Be Your Man". No artwork by the way. And talkin' about Flowers I heard rumours every now and then (first heard of it in 1978) that a 10inch version exists on German DECCA. If that every proofs to be true this might be one of the rarest records in the world.

What I remember as well (like it has been yesterday) is that in 1979 (I was still in school) a friend of mine who had his first job by that time lent me ATS 10,000 - about EUR 700 nowadays but BIG money back then - and I bought 3 records where I used to lived: In Action, The Best of (both german club-editions) and Have You Seen..Live in Mono. It exists.

But I never came by the Mono of Flowers - sad but true :-)

Date: April 20, 2008 23:21

Silk,

Do you still have the HYSYM Live in Mono? IF so, PLEASE post a picture. Its never been seen in any literature, that I have seen. If you still have it, I want it.

I beg to differ on the UK London FFRR export Flowers. I have only seen two copies, EVER.

Best,

JR

Date: April 21, 2008 00:01

John,

I won't promise anything but I can tell you for sure that I won't sell or trade it.

But there's a strange idea that comes to my mind and I'll mail you privately in the next few days to let you know and to learn what you think about it.

Cheers
silkcut

Date: April 21, 2008 00:11

Silkcut1978, If you have the mono version of HYSYML, can you please scan the label and put a pic on here or send it to me privately? thank you

Date: April 21, 2008 04:04

Silk, mail away....I think I know where you may be going with this.

JR

Date: April 21, 2008 05:00

Hendrik
Silkcut1978, If you have the mono version of HYSYML, can you please scan the label and put a pic on here or send it to me privately? thank you

Yes, please post the label if you can.

Would really love to see it.

Date: April 21, 2008 05:35

silkcut1978_
I'm still looking for the Mono Flowers LK4888 to make it "complete" (I'd love to have a copy of Let It Bleed with one side boxed, the other unboxed as well ;-)

Maybe someone is having it on offer...??

Saw this on ebay

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Haven't seen it for some time

Date: April 21, 2008 06:15

you guys are in another league!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 22, 2008 21:31

OK The Rollings Stones Englands Newest Hit Makers STEREO (UK Decca) then?

2 1 2 0

Date: April 22, 2008 21:55

Come On
OK The Rollings Stones Englands Newest Hit Makers STEREO (UK Decca) then?

Englands Newest Hitmakers released only in the USA. Reprocessed (fake) stereo. Stones first LP in UK was never released in stereo.

JR

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: April 22, 2008 22:16

OK, now how 'bout this?

Voodoo Lounge! on CD!
Won't trade for export Flowers though..

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 23, 2008 19:03

I have the London Flowers Mono release. I didnt know it was rare or not. Its VG(cover) VG+ (disc). A friend gave it to me in 71. But it has the 60s era inside sleeve. What numbers should I look for?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home