Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SHINE A LIGHT AUSTIN,TX SXSW FILM FEST
Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: February 8, 2008 06:35

Hey Y'all,

Just read in the Chronicle that SAL will be making its North American premiere at the South By Southwest film festival March 10th. Not sure if Martin or any of the boys will be present but pretty cool regardless. Dream scenario would be a club show at Antones but that is stretching it. On a side note Mac and his Bump band play every thursday night at Luckys Lounge. Had a chance to meet him (super great guy, gracious, humble) and asked about a Faces reunion. A big smile and and laugh. Great pub band with plenty of Faces material( channels Ronnie Lane brilliantly) and flat out rockers. Austin on the whole incredible, make it a point to visit if you swing through Texas.

Re: SHINE A LIGHT AUSTIN,TX SXSW FILM FEST
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 8, 2008 10:11

thanks for confirming the date. i'm supposed to be in san antonio around that time so i'll try to schedule being there for the 10th.

anyone else going?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 8, 2008 12:14

Now that I know you are going queenie, yes! but first u must respond to some e mails!

Actually, if there is a New York or LA premiere, would probably go there first.

Can anyone tell me the NY premiere date? And, is it known if the band will be there?

And LA would merely be a logical place being the movie capital of the world.

p

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 8, 2008 12:59

yeah, but new york is where the shows were and scorcese just seems like a new yorker (maybe he is?) i dunno

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: February 8, 2008 13:39

Scorcese is from the borough of Queens, NYC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home