Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Stones and sell out stadiums.
Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: February 5, 2008 23:00

Craziest I've seen lately: Van Morrison at the Ryman...$130 - 200, limit 2 per household.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2008 23:04

Glendale? Booming business in Phoenix. Superbowl place. Plenty of money around there I assume. They simply pick a few places where they can do a little extra cash, like Deutche Bank Barcelona etc. It's like Robin Hood. Some pay more, others pay less.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 5, 2008 23:53

pgarof
Gazza
pgarof
What about all the free concerts they have put on over the years, how many other band do that?

Yeah, no one else does a charity or free show. Jesus wept.

How many free concerts are we talking about here? And when you say 'free', do you mean shows where they dont get paid?

I think you need to lay down in a dark room with a cold damp cloth on your forehead.

I think you need a reality check, chum. Have fun.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 6, 2008 03:34

I am a Stones fan since 4 decades now, but nothing, NOTHING will bring me to find excuses for their ridiculous pricing "strategy".

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 6, 2008 03:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-06 03:54 by pgarof.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 6, 2008 03:41

hey just do what i do, get a $99 seat on the second level, trust me those seats are better than many of the so called vip or premium seats, sometimes i can even get a $99 seat on the first level towards the B stage, having a floor seat is not always what is cracked up to be

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 6, 2008 03:53

Gazza
pgarof
Gazza
pgarof
What about all the free concerts they have put on over the years, how many other band do that?

Yeah, no one else does a charity or free show. Jesus wept.

How many free concerts are we talking about here? And when you say 'free', do you mean shows where they dont get paid?

I think you need to lay down in a dark room with a cold damp cloth on your forehead.

I think you need a reality check, chum. Have fun.

I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way chum but hey I dare say you'll have the last word again won't you CHUM, by the way perhaps you shouldn't take thing quite so serious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-06 03:56 by pgarof.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 6, 2008 06:16

The only thing that keeps the Stones from selling more tix in the USA is simply ticket cost. Even if some tix are as low as $90 or even $60...who want sto see a band from 100 yards away. It basically turns into watching a TV show on the screen.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1342
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home