Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Carla Bruni marries Sarkozy
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2008 20:28

That is one serious come-down from Mickgrinning smiley

[uk.reuters.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-02 20:30 by Beast.

Re: OT: Carla Bruni marries Sarkozy
Date: February 2, 2008 20:55

Another reason to hate the French!!!!!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 2, 2008 21:08

I Wish I Never Met You

Oh, and what are the other reasons may I ask? (BTW, this isn't "French" This is mid life crisis "Sarkosy".....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-02 21:10 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 2, 2008 21:14

Beast
That is one serious come-down from Mickgrinning smiley

[uk.reuters.com]

But a step up from Clapton if the tediousness of his auto biography is anything to go by!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 2, 2008 21:19

Obviously Sarkosey did not read Clapton's book or he would have steered clear of this gal.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 2, 2008 21:24

1cdog
Obviously Sarkosey did not read Clapton's book or he would have steered clear of this gal.

He doesn't care, he just wants as much limelight as possible. He's been 'cornuto" before.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: February 2, 2008 21:54

HelterSkelter
I Wish I Never Met You

Oh, and what are the other reasons may I ask? (BTW, this isn't "French" This is mid life crisis "Sarkosy".....)

"Hating the French" is a long-standing traditional English pastime, just like the equally traditional and long established French pastime of "hating the English".

Sarkosy has married the mistress: something that immediately creates a vacancy...

Wonder what the British tabloids will make their headline? Saucy Sarco's secret something or other (sorry ran out of alliteration, need another glass)...

Date: February 2, 2008 22:27

Stargroves
HelterSkelter
I Wish I Never Met You

"Hating the French" is a long-standing traditional English pastime, just like the equally traditional and long established French pastime of "hating the English".

Sarkosy has married the mistress: something that immediately creates a vacancy...

Wonder what the British tabloids will make their headline? Saucy Sarco's secret something or other (sorry ran out of alliteration, need another glass)...

Sante! Altho', technically, I believe the French regard it as a mistress only when adultery is committed and Sarco seems to have fallen after the departure of Mme Sarco numero 2. Marrying the girlfriend is a lot less chic!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 3, 2008 00:29

She's a @#$%&, @#$%&, @#$%& ...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 3, 2008 01:12

Clapton's auto-biog was GREAT! Not boring at all, and for those who say it was dull, I wonder if you read it all the way through!

Date: February 3, 2008 01:29

I admit I read the ST serialisation rather than buying the book. I'm a fan of Clapton's music but I thought he came across as 'over-therapized', self aborbed and lacking in humour. For someone who has led an exceptional life, I did feel he made it all sound full of ennui - maybe a fault of the ghost writer?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 3, 2008 01:36

Lady Jayne
maybe a fault of the ghost writer?

What ghost writer ???
I think it's an excellent book.

Date: February 3, 2008 01:41

Err - I don't think he actually wrote it himself!
Checking - the writer is actually credited, so not technically a ghost - as Christopher Simon Sykes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-03 01:46 by Lady Jayne.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 3, 2008 01:48

Lady Jayne
Err - I don't think he actually wrote it himself!
Checking - the writer is actually credited, so not technically a ghost - as Christopher Simon Sykes

Clapton did the basic work himself.

Date: February 3, 2008 01:53

I suppose it depends on what is meant by the basic work. If the basic work of writing is, well writing, he didn't do it. The book was written by someone else based on taped interviews. The only point I was trying to make is, in fairness to Clapton, perhaps it may not wholly reflect his 'voice'.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 3, 2008 02:30

The Clapton bio is a fine fine story but hell it's tinged with a blueness...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 3, 2008 03:22

Old Europe veers right, marries up.

Mercy....

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 3, 2008 05:51

Oh please Natlanta, that photo is about 15 years old. She doesn't look like that now......AND she's no SUPER model, maybe a SUPER starf*cker but I need my adding machine to figure that one out.....

I saw some Parisians interviewed on the news tonight and except for one dopey guy they all said this is total bullshit. "We are very disappointed, this is not what we expected from him. He is a politician, not an actor and he should pay more attention to the country and less to his social life". BRAVO, that's why I love the French, they recognize very quickly when they made a mistake and put a short, star struck, party boy clown in office.... it took Americans 7 years to figure out what a car crash f*ck up they picked........

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 3, 2008 06:47

Come on Helter you know you want her. Sarkozy beat you to her!!!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 3, 2008 21:04

HelterSkelter
Oh please Natlanta, that photo is about 15 years old. She doesn't look like that now......AND she's no SUPER model, maybe a SUPER starf*cker but I need my adding machine to figure that one out.....

I saw some Parisians interviewed on the news tonight and except for one dopey guy they all said this is total bullshit. "We are very disappointed, this is not what we expected from him. He is a politician, not an actor and he should pay more attention to the country and less to his social life". BRAVO, that's why I love the French, they recognize very quickly when they made a mistake and put a short, star struck, party boy clown in office.... it took Americans 7 years to figure out what a car crash f*ck up they picked........

lol
Here in America they had a story on this morning and asked a French man (just one) what he thought of it. He said something to the effect that she was a very nice woman and the French people were very happy. The funny thing is he looked a lot like Sarkozy...maybe he was a family member.

She comes across as being a spoiled brat who is more interested in the attention, challenge and power associated with these men than the the men themselves. In other words, what ohnonotyouagain said.

Good luck to Sarkozy.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: February 3, 2008 22:16

Lady Jayne
I suppose it depends on what is meant by the basic work. If the basic work of writing is, well writing, he didn't do it. The book was written by someone else based on taped interviews. The only point I was trying to make is, in fairness to Clapton, perhaps it may not wholly reflect his 'voice'.

For what it's worth and speaking as a recovering alcoholic I thought Clapton's was pretty near the mark. But I take the point about ghost-writers. And that is why I am not getting overly excited about Keith's autobio whenever it appears. Of course I'll buy it and I hope I enjoy it but I'd guess a lot of that will be 'taped'. Keith Richards ain't gonna sit down at a keyboard for 5/6 hours a day and recall the past 45 years.

Date: February 4, 2008 12:18

ROLLINGSTONE
For what it's worth and speaking as a recovering alcoholic I thought Clapton's was pretty near the mark. But I take the point about ghost-writers. And that is why I am not getting overly excited about Keith's autobio whenever it appears. Of course I'll buy it and I hope I enjoy it but I'd guess a lot of that will be 'taped'. Keith Richards ain't gonna sit down at a keyboard for 5/6 hours a day and recall the past 45 years.

The use of poor ghostwriting on so-called auto biographies is a problem for me. I often prefer a biography written by a good writer with a degree of cooperation by the subject. Then you get decent writing, new material and a degree of objectivity or at least decent research. No one seriously expects Keith is actually going to write his own book but I hope whoever does is going to prod him a bit!

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 4, 2008 15:56

i think that is definetely a topic too close!
threads about an arrogant midget with littleman syndrom and his "powermad" chick (freud would love this woman) are just stupid and ennoying!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 4, 2008 16:02

Please hate us but write properly our names.
His name is SARKOZY and yes... this is not french ! like Bruni is not too.
My god ! no more Dupont or Martin to guide us ??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home