Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's blind angel - real or "just his imagination"?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 25, 2008 00:48

Does anybody really know her, ever seen a picture, etc. or is she another of Keith's romantic legends?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Re: Keith's blind angel - real or "just his imagination"?
Date: January 25, 2008 01:09

i know her, she saved my life

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: January 25, 2008 01:11

Tell me... Sister M...
i know her, she saved my life

I can't tell if you're joking. If you're not, can you tell us your story?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 25, 2008 01:13

Elmo Lewis
Does anybody really know her, ever seen a picture, etc. or is she another of Keith's romantic legends?

Nope..this one is a true story, it seems.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 25, 2008 01:28

Well, is it true that Ronnie really said Sooner than you think at Hyde Park? Ronnie seems to be a bit...out there with some things. So many people have talked about the blind angel.

What was it...so long ago on the stickyfingersjournal - is that thing still going? Someone said they ran into/hung out with Keith at some bar on a beach or something, somewhere in the Caribbean and Keith was so out of it they started talking about the blues and various blues cats and the dude talking to Keith actually knew what he was talking about and called Keith on some things he said and Keith got mad! Which, I guess, means he was wrong!

So...some things are crazier than they seem and others...are pure alcoholically enhanced har har.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 25, 2008 01:57

Yah, she was helping Muddy Waters paint the g*damm ceiling at 2120 Michigan Ave.drinking smiley

Date: January 25, 2008 02:29

damn cindy, ment she ruined my life winking smiley

But the i think the story is about the 1979 concert ?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 25, 2008 02:34

A lot of people from the inner circle talk about her with great respect so I guess the blind angel is truth, not fiction.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 25, 2008 03:23

skipstone
Well, is it true that Ronnie really said Sooner than you think at Hyde Park? Ronnie seems to be a bit...out there with some things.

He may have said that at some point, but I really doubt it was at the 69 Hyde Park concert. He was with the Jeff beck Group in the USA at that time.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: January 25, 2008 03:29

Hi, everyone

Rita (that's her name) was at the Montreal show on January 8th, 2003. She is a French Canadian (from Quebec City, I think). That night, Keith dedicated one of his songs to his "blind angel, Rita". The next day, you could see a full report and a picture of her backstage with Keith in some of Montreal' newspapers.

I was also at that show.

Daniel

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 25, 2008 03:59

I'm only saying what Ronnie said about seeing the Stones at Hyde Park for that show.
If I'm wrong I'm wrong but Ronnie said it, said he bumped into them and that there were so many people there it was crazy and he was telling people around him to shut up so he could hear the music.

He said it, it's in his book, it must be true!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:07

I have a boot "Keith" compilation dvd that(and I'll have to dig it out to check)I believe has some interview footage with the girl herself for a news broadcast.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:44

Excerpt from page 2 of article: [www.suite101.com]

The next day (Oct. 24) Judge Graburn give Keith one year's probation. Keith is to report to a probation officer at regular intervals and continue his treatment. Keith is also ordered to give a benefit performance for the Canadian Institute for the Blind.
In a television interview later that day, Keith tells the story of his "Blind Angel," a young blind woman that kept showing up at all their gigs. Keith started arranging rides for her because he "had visions of her being run over. God knows what could happen to a blind chick on the road." Apparently, this Blind Angel went to the Judge's house and told him about Keith's kindness to her, leading him to order the benefit for the blind.

Or... if you'd rather believe the other version...

Excerpt from another story: [hqinfo.blogspot.com]

But it was the concert for the blind that raised most eyebrows. How had the judge reached that idea? Onestrong rumour was that Cooper had suggested it, but this was tracked down to blind superfan Rita Bedard,who attended the trial every day and was invited in by Cooper to meet Richards and get his autograph. It turned out that she was responsible for the story; Cooper dismissed it.

In fact the judge had called John Simmons of the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB ) just 30minutes before going into court onthat final day. Simmons claims: "He asked me if I would object if he sentenced a young musician to play music at the Institute. We only foundout later it was Richards. We were *shocked and pleased."

All I can say is that Austin Cooper is one heck of a good lawyer - he's done keynote speeches at some conferences I've attended and is very impressive.

For more Toronto-related Stones blather... [archives.cbc.ca]

Re: Keith's blind angel
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 25, 2008 08:34

i've seen news interviews with Rita - thanks & praises! that was a good thing she did

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 25, 2008 08:50

I think there is footage of her on the CBC archives that are available online.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 25, 2008 12:27

scottkeef
I have a boot "Keith" compilation dvd that(and I'll have to dig it out to check)I believe has some interview footage with the girl herself for a news broadcast.

The DVD in question features four hours of rare footage. It kicks off with the band’s performance at the Kilburn Theatre in London on July 14th, 1974 with Rod Stewart guesting. The DVD features both the stereo mix and the mono mix of the show before moving onto two “Gimme Some Neck” promos: “Seven Days” and “Buried Alive” (with Ringo Starr on drums). Then there’s a six-minute Canadian TV newsreel on Keith’s drug bust and the concert he was ordered to give a concert for the blind at C.N.I.B. in penance for his “sins”. Then there are excerpts from three cuts from the show itself...the footage is rough but it’s super rare...I’ve certainly never seen it before. Last but not least you get the complete two hour plus New Barbarians Largo show from May 5th 1979.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 25, 2008 13:41

silver dagger?
can u tell us more about the dvd?
so some rare Keith footage from 1977 is on it? 1977 is kind of the obscure year for Keith. Just a few pics and clips hangin around..

where to get it?

Date: January 25, 2008 14:58

Silver Dagger's described the D-Stone dvd set called New Barbarians 74/79
or something like that.

>> so some rare Keith footage from 1977 is on it? <<

maybe a snippet of Keith heading for court in 77 - the main reports on the bust are from october 78 and then 79.

>> where to get it? <<

ask someone on the Hot Stuff forum to trade with you, maybe?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-25 14:59 by with sssoul.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 25, 2008 15:09

thank u sssoul
ah! *___* so its that one..i knew about it, now its time to get it smiling smiley

Date: January 25, 2008 15:35

OOoppps!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-25 15:37 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: January 25, 2008 15:36

Thanks, y'all, didn't know if this was true or not.

Lovely Rita indeed!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: January 25, 2008 15:47

The blind angel is Rita Bedard. She is mentioned by name in Ron Wood's book. The D Stone New Barbarians dvd contains the CBC footage which includes an interview with Rita Bedard. It is clear from the footage that she is visually impaired. Keith had helped her out in the past. This is probably an example of what former Stones security chief Big Jim Callaghan meant when he said Keith had good karma. She found the judge and spoke on Keith's behalf. Hence the CNIB
benefit concert. The judge didn't know Keith from Adam. She probably only helped with the sentencing. At the trial Keith had a highly sophisticated defence and it there is some evidence of a backroom deal (read Chet Flippo's book)

Date: January 25, 2008 16:29

>> some evidence of a backroom deal (read Chet Flippo's book) <<

well, it was Chet Flippo's opinion that "the fix was in" -
i don't recall him offering any evidence for it, though

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 25, 2008 16:33

Wasnt she ripped after the 78 Philly show??

Posted by: tookthatname ()
Date: October 5, 2011 05:34

shes real. My partner met her at detroit. Found her again in st paul. We got her off the street and in our hotel room. I went to the showco truck drivers and they said theyd help. Got word to keith and he took care of it by st louis

Date: October 6, 2011 22:15

Thanks!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: October 7, 2011 02:02

There is a photo of her and Keith (photo number 8) in this link.

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: October 7, 2011 08:47

Presumably it's a matter of court record in Toronto.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home