Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

73 LA Forum Video
Posted by: keef_nerd ()
Date: January 17, 2008 05:12

Anyone ever see this before?

Re: 73 LA Forum Video
Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 17, 2008 06:39

First time i've seen it.
The '73 Nicaraguan Benefit. The last Stones show on mainland U.S. with Mick Taylor. A couple more shows in Hawaii a few days later which were the very last U.S. shows with him - except for Kansas City guest spot in '81 i think...
February dates in Australia.
September and October European dates and then Mick Taylor was gone.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 17, 2008 06:46

YEAH ...like wow!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 17, 2008 10:23

Yeah, saw this before, it's been on YouTube for quite a while now...... Actually went to the show in early '73 (think it was January actually). This must be shot by a local news team. Unfortunately, they did do more rare/interesting songs that night such as "NO EXPECTATIONS", "ROUTE 66", and "STRAY CAT BLUES" ("BROWN SUGAR'S" fine but it was the opener on the '72 Tour). Too bad the entire show isn't out on tape/DVD somewhere..... oh well.....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 17, 2008 18:05

This clip started circulating when 4REELS used it as a bonus track on their "BIG C-sucker Blues" DVD. I was shocked when I recived that DVD release, and saw this LA 73 clip.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: January 17, 2008 18:41

I'm in that video, somewhere in the darkness, behind the stage, Taylor's side. A friend sent me a photo which was captioned as being from Manchester '73, but it is from this show. Jagger is crawling around on stage in front of Keith. If there is any doubt about whether MR was played (it was, I remember), that photo shows it was.

Another recording that seems to get better as you listen. Yes, a unique and relaxed show. The '72 show I saw hit me like a truck, but this and the '69 show were very enjoyable and rather relaxed affairs. Just play the music, boys.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 17, 2008 19:07

pmk251
I'm in that video, somewhere in the darkness, behind the stage, Taylor's side. A friend sent me a photo which was captioned as being from Manchester '73, but it is from this show. Jagger is crawling around on stage in front of Keith. If there is any doubt about whether MR was played (it was, I remember), that photo shows it was.

Another recording that seems to get better as you listen. Yes, a unique and relaxed show. The '72 show I saw hit me like a truck, but this and the '69 show were very enjoyable and rather relaxed affairs. Just play the music, boys.

That's true pmk251, this show was better than the '72 tour IMHO partly because of the set list - IT'S ALL OVER NOW, ROUTE 66, NO EXPECTATIONS, DEAD FLOWERS, STRAY CAT (I remember Jagger goes "Click-clack, click-clack.... are we gonna do that one....) Also, like the 69 shows it was just music, the 72 tour seemed a bit "self parody-ish" to me, here, they were back to just rocking without Jag being so AWARE of every move.... Yeah, MIDNIGHT RAMBLER was played, it was the encore, it's not on the vinyl boot I have of the show, I don't know it the CD's have MR or not, might be lost to the ages......

Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: January 17, 2008 20:57

Unbelievale, this was my first bootleg (audience recording) some of the songs such as bitch, no expectations and its all over now is the best versions ever, can it be on this pro tape?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2165
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home