Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Most success with the least talent?
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: January 12, 2008 04:54

Like it or not, people - Miley Cyrus has tons of talent. So does her dad for that matter.

I'd have to say that Mike Love of the beach boys is my top pick. What a sham!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 12, 2008 06:19

....well just wait for Madonnas new album.....apparently it's incredible.

As far as most success with least talent, Taylor Hicks American Idle who just lost his record contract...2 yrs after having won the competiiton.........

Posted by: keithfan64 ()
Date: January 12, 2008 07:27

I just saw Lucinda Williams on Austin City Limits, I,ve been reading glowing critical reviews for years without hearing her. She is without a doubt the all time most god-awful, worst, most unbearibly horribly untalented person I've ever seen on any stage in my life. Her 'songs' are the most nerve grating non-musical semi-rap nothingness a human being could possibly produce. It makes me sick that the rock press considers her to be the hippest thing around. Music has been the most important thing in my life for thirty years. I play in bands and write songs that I consider to be pretty good, always hoping that someday they might be accepted by the industry in some manner. After seeing what the industry considers 'cutting edge' I realize I have been living in a fantasy world thinking that a good song still has some meaning. The music industry should just shut down its opperations for at least twenty years untill the whole punk thing is forgotten. Then maybe it could start over with a new unbrainwashed generation who has grown up on oldies radio only. The government, for the sake of the mental health of the people, should pass a "Lucinda Williams law' mandating this.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 12, 2008 08:11

mick may of said that about madonna to try and get her motivated

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: January 12, 2008 12:35

Bono and U2

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: January 12, 2008 13:24

Guns and Roses

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: January 12, 2008 13:26

WestLife angry smiley

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 12, 2008 13:35

The Verve although Bittersweet Last Time was good and a talented cover.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 12, 2008 15:51

paris hilton
the spice girls
50 cent
m?tley cr?e (just music/song wise. i quite like their attitude)

Posted by: idiot ()
Date: January 13, 2008 15:31

Oops! Wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-13 15:34 by idiot.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2008 22:21

christina aguilera. no talent what so ever (dont believe me wait for shine a light to come out ,and the terrible job she did on the duet of live with me at the beacon.)

Posted by: holycrap ()
Date: January 15, 2008 22:26

Chuck Leavell

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: January 15, 2008 23:00

keithfan64
I just saw Lucinda Williams on Austin City Limits, I,ve been reading glowing critical reviews for years without hearing her. She is without a doubt the all time most god-awful, worst, most unbearibly horribly untalented person I've ever seen on any stage in my life. Her 'songs' are the most nerve grating non-musical semi-rap nothingness a human being could possibly produce. It makes me sick that the rock press considers her to be the hippest thing around. Music has been the most important thing in my life for thirty years. I play in bands and write songs that I consider to be pretty good, always hoping that someday they might be accepted by the industry in some manner. After seeing what the industry considers 'cutting edge' I realize I have been living in a fantasy world thinking that a good song still has some meaning. The music industry should just shut down its opperations for at least twenty years untill the whole punk thing is forgotten. Then maybe it could start over with a new unbrainwashed generation who has grown up on oldies radio only. The government, for the sake of the mental health of the people, should pass a "Lucinda Williams law' mandating this.

I respectfully suggest you've got it wrong keithfan64. I did not see the Austin City Limits performance but maybe you caught a bad live show. You should check out one of her studio recordings. You may not become a fan (to each his own) but she is undoubtedly a major talent.cool smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 15, 2008 23:51

>I respectfully suggest you've got it wrong keithfan64.

I agree. It's 2008 and he's hearing Lucinda for the first time ever? That says a lot right there. Like her or not, she's been an enormous presence for over a decade (in the US that is).

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: January 16, 2008 00:21

barbabang
Kid Rock

you gotta be kidding me
you must know nothing about Kid Rock
I can agree that his music is not for everyone (but he is a TRUE rock star in attitude and lifestyle)

his talent is more than most you will EVER see. During live shows he played EVERY instument on stage including a grand piano.
Drums, bass, guitar, turntables, keyboards, piano

yeah, he is a real no-talent

wise up nimrod, the kid ROCKS

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 16, 2008 00:33

Glam Descendant
>I respectfully suggest you've got it wrong keithfan64.

I agree. It's 2008 and he's hearing Lucinda for the first time ever? That says a lot right there. Like her or not, she's been an enormous presence for over a decade (in the US that is).

......Oh well, I guess it is to each his own. I happen to love her music and lyrics. Her songwriting is great. Her Southern drawl and Pettibone's (or Gurf Morlix's) accompanying lazy guitar are perfect for the lyrics.....but I have heard other people say they don't like Lucinda, so keithfan64 is not alone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-16 02:26 by Lukester.

Posted by: My Stones ()
Date: January 16, 2008 01:19

KID ROCK____________________PUKE

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: January 16, 2008 01:46

Some more nominees:

Jennifer Lopez
Ricky Martin
Ashlee Simpson
Robert Matthew Van Winkle (Vanilla Ice)

Some of the others mentioned are (un)worthly candidates too, but I don't agree about Britney, Kid Rock, or Madonna; who all had lots of talent. Kid Rock and Madonna still do, but Britney is now wacko.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-16 01:53 by IGTBA.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 16, 2008 02:05

To clear this up - Lucinda is great and Kid Rock blows.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 16, 2008 02:17

Lucinda, Rocks ,she is a tremendous talent.Love her..
Worst
Kid Rock
Bon Jovi

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 16, 2008 02:42

Dave Matthews

As for Lucinda Williams,I used to be in the anti-Lucinda camp. Until last Sunday when a local radio station that does this thing on Sun.mornings called acoustic sunrise,played this song I had never heard before. It's called "Are You Allright?". It sounded like Bonnie Raitt. So I was surprised when I got home and found out it was LW. Very pretty song. I immediatly downloaded it off of i-tunes. I might have to listen to more of her stuff.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 16, 2008 02:52

sweetcharmedlife
Dave Matthews

As for Lucinda Williams,I used to be in the anti-Lucinda camp. Until last Sunday when a local radio station that does this thing on Sun.mornings called acoustic sunrise,played this song I had never heard before. It's called "Are You Allright?". It sounded like Bonnie Raitt. So I was surprised when I got home and found out it was LW. Very pretty song. I immediatly downloaded it off of i-tunes. I might have to listen to more of her stuff.

Get her "West"cd you will love it..

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 16, 2008 03:11

I'd say Stonestod. he considers it a successful day if he gets out of bed ! is he still alive?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 16, 2008 04:06

Does anybody care?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 16, 2008 04:10

LMFAO!

Date: January 16, 2008 16:10

charmed, I dig the Bob Seger signature.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 16, 2008 18:13

Lenny Kravitz!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 16, 2008 18:49

sweetcharmedlife
Dave Matthews

Hey charmer, that song is great....she introduces it in concert as being about her "prodigal son brother."

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 17, 2008 01:42

Sorry, but I totally disagree with the CHUCK LEAVELL pick, really! He is amazingly talented and if you'd go back and listen to some of his playing on Allman Bros albums or SEALEVEL albums( his old band) you may change your mind.

Date: January 17, 2008 03:02

One good listen to "Jessica", "Take Out Some Insurance" or "Southbound" will prove mickschix' point.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home