Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

So there are 3 guitars on Beast of Burden, right?
Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: December 24, 2007 11:46

Recent careful listenings on headphones seem to indicate there are 3 guitars on this wonderful tune. The left channel im pretty sure is ronnie, bc he's got the mini-weave-solo-thing, and the right channel is the main riff by keith, i assume. but whats that third guitar? an overdub ny keith or ronnie? or is that mick? if it is mick, then our understanding of the weave must change, because the best weave-song in the stones catalogue involves 3 guitars, one of which is mick's!

questions, comments, corrections? anything is welcome! Happy holidays.

Re: Beast of Burden
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 24, 2007 12:03

oops! total apologies for the wrong link :E

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-24 23:43 by with sssoul.

Re: So there are 3 guitars on Beast of Burden, right?
Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 24, 2007 14:54

I hear no Synth - sure this isn't the "Some Girls" song credits (Keith on bass, Bill on synth, there's the giveaway)?...but I'll check, promise - nor do I hear Mick playing on Beast...Sure he's on all of side one, and Shattered - that chunky sound is pretty distinctive - but BOB along with Before they Make Me Run, I hear no Mick, & maybe (maybe not) he's one of the acoustics on Faraway Eyes. Respectable? Have to check...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 24, 2007 15:42

Yes, it's the wrong link, this is for BoB: [www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: chavostone ()
Date: December 24, 2007 20:35

its all in the cd of some girls , there it is.

Posted by: FlashJackFlash ()
Date: December 24, 2007 21:48

Hello, I think what you say the third guitar is most like an electric piano, it sound like a guitar, and I think has some phase too

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: December 24, 2007 21:55

Listen to Beast of Burden from Handsome Girls, a true live version with just Keith and Ronnie, better then the record IMO.

Re: 4 guitars
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 24, 2007 23:42

oh sh1t - sorry about that wrong link. that's what i get for posting before i'm caffeinated.
four guitars and no need to "redefine" anything in sight ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-24 23:45 by with sssoul.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 25, 2007 01:52

Well, I didn't check but K or R may hve overdubbed a guitar, as is de rigeur (sp?)...re Beast Live, the one on 'Rarities (an '82 b-side)leaves me underwhelmed because the whole sound of Still Life leaves me cold - don't know if its the new equipment or the B Clearmountain mix, but it's sort of beames out in an unpleasent way, tho on the boot of the last show (Atlanta?) & Shattered in Europe the problem is about 50% lessened...There are still Jagger's out of shape huffing and puffing - he rarely seemed to get to sing that tour. Sure the keyboard team and sometimes K & R swing or get dirty and choogle like a steam locomotive, but the '78 versions are superior both sonically and musically.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home