Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Graduating my MSc Architecture - a building for pop-music with Stones-pictures on the facades!! :-)
Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: December 18, 2007 00:43

Hy all,

I'm in the finishing weeks of my graduating process (that has been taking far too long...) so finally Í'm within reach of the end of my study. I'm graduating on the design of a pop-stage, (as we call it in the Netherlands, a poppodium like Het Paard, 013, De Melkweg, HMH, Het Patronaat and so on) a building for music. Not like a theatre, but rally meant to be capable of housing many young partying people throwing beer and dancing on loud music. So it's just a building with a clear and easy acces and routing for moving masses, futhermore bars of course, merchandise, snacks, technical spaces, resaturant etc. And of course one, two or some more (two in this case) heavy concrete closed boxes that are the halls. Of cousrse nicely cladded on the inside with accoustic material...

The facades of the building are either on the northside, or sheltered from the sun by surrounding buildings with gives the opportunity to use a lot of glass. But, of course some spaces need some protection: the lounge for the performers, backstage circulation, toilets, etcetera. I'm protecting those spaces by applying black and white pictures of famous artists and performances on those facades. These pictures are printed on coatings, like adds are printed on busses or things like that: you can look easily from the inside out, but from the outside you only recognise shades and silhouettes. So I'm currently looking for pictures with good contrast that I can use. I'm of course very greatful for the picture thread and the Rockman threads... nice ones everywhere. But if what I tell you here, instantly makes you think of certain very famous pictures of the Stones (or others), in black and white, with very recognisable details through differences in contrast, I would be very pleased if you would point those out to me!!!

I will of course post the results here once the drawings are finished...!

Hopefully soon of course ;-)

Thanks in advance, and already of course for everything that is already available here!!

Jelle

Re: Graduating my MSc Architecture - a building for pop-music with Stones-pictures on the facades!! :-)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2007 00:59

Glasgow 1973 - Michael Putland

ROCKMAN

Re: Graduating my MSc Architecture - a building for pop-music with Stones-pictures on the facades!! :-)
Date: December 18, 2007 01:19

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2007 01:19

Wow... MANY thanks Rockman, this is exactly what I need... I was a bit unsure if what I explained was clear, but if anyone wonders: THAT is what I meant...

Jelle

Date: December 18, 2007 03:07

Which slussie....first...second or both????

Just gimmie a little sign........Then see what else I can find for ya

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2007 06:39

Oops... A little late! I reacted on the first one, and at the time I finished the post you had posted the second picture too. Both nice, but I'n certainly going to use the first one!! This picture is telling everything about Mick having the audience totally wrapped in his backpocket, as we would say here...

Thanks again, I'll patiently wait until the sun rises again at your side of the world!!

Jelle

Date: December 18, 2007 12:20

..............Gered Mankowitz

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: December 18, 2007 13:32

Hi Rockman, hope you are keeping well. Do you by any chance have any black and white photos of Mick n Keef sharing a mike around 1969-73?

Kind Regards

Stonesrick

Date: December 18, 2007 13:41

I'll see what I can find for ya rick.....Yeah keepin' well...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2007 13:53

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2007 13:55

Hey thanks Rockman - you are a star.

Date: December 18, 2007 14:02

Yeah!!!....monstar

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2007 14:03

A Monstar of Rock n' Roll

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home