Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Ike Turner RIP
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 14, 2007 22:42

It's strange, all of these pioneers who have been...how to put it, "been having a somewhat bad behaviour from time to time"; Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ike Turner - and all the other ones I forgot
Roy Orbison comes clean though

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 03:28 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 14, 2007 22:46

Out there minds have out there behaviour. :-)

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 15, 2007 00:54

rip ike; rock on friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 02:11 by Beelyboy.

Re: Ike Turner
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 15, 2007 01:25

love and light to Ike, and thanks and praises

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 02:57 by with sssoul.

Date: December 15, 2007 02:14

alls well that ends well. here there and everywhere, so to speak. ;-)

he got off drugs in '90 and hit the road and never looked back; never went to jail again; and that violence is over thirty years in his past, way before he bottomed out on drugs and got clean. he came back from the dead and look at those pix of him getting the grammy; he looks so happy and young and free...and i'd like to think he still is, somehow.
jeanette was thirty years his junior and stayed with him for the last 17 years of his life, singing lead; he swore he'd get back, even when in jail, and he did. i think that Grammy this year was obviously perfect timing and i will buy that album...a guy who's 76 wins for best trad blues album, well alright...
he burned down every house he ever played in since the late 40's...he did quite alright i'd say. i still can't watch those vids, (cc left a particularly good link earlier in this thread) without getting the chills...it hits you physically the energy is so high...i've been watching ike and tina turner revue vids and by the time each one is over and done, i'm totally goosebumps and almost just can't believe the joy and energy and greatness of the gift he, and tina, gave so many. love and light indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 03:54 by Beelyboy.

Date: December 15, 2007 03:36

Don't RIP, rock on! Musically the Ike & Tina stuff was so much better than all the Tina solo stuff.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 16, 2007 21:58

This number, you surely remember. But it is hotter on this take.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: January 8, 2008 16:48

Ike's funeral

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 17, 2008 02:44

Can't provide a link to an English site, but a report from San Diego health authorities says Ike Turner died of overdosing on cocaine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-17 02:49 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: January 17, 2008 03:30

Yep, cocaine runnin' all around his brain.

The last blues record was damn good. I wonder if the Black Keys / Danger Mouse tracks will ever see the light of day?

[news.yahoo.com]

I'm tired, I'm tired of doing what I'm told.
Things are moving way too slow.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 17, 2008 18:13

Beelyboy

he got off drugs in '90 and hit the road and never looked back; never went to jail again; and that violence is over thirty years in his past, way before he bottomed out on drugs and got clean.

SAN DIEGO (Jan. 16) - Rock n' roll pioneer Ike Turner's death last month at age 76 was caused by a cocaine overdose, the San Diego County Medical Examiner's office said Wednesday.

"We are listing that he abused cocaine, and that's what resulted in the cocaine toxicity," said Paul Parker, chief investigator at the medical examiner's office.

The medical examiner's office also listed hypertensive cardiovascular disease and pulmonary emphysema as "significant and contributing factors" to Turner's death, Parker said.

Assumptions never win over facts.

Date: January 17, 2008 18:29

guess i shouldn't be surprised; what a shame; still grateful for his many contributions and for changing the entire world of music with his prfound genius. and still, of course, very grateful for his contributions, which effected everything "rock and roll" that is in existence...a completely fascinating and amazing life, filled with so many contributions to the original amalgam of r&b, deep blues and actually inventing rock and roll, a genre that did not really exist before his creative and organizational genius and musical intelligence....

he DID get off drugs in the nineties; i guess i missed the personal postcard from Ike that Sicilian got saying 'hey i'm doin' coke again in my seventies'

the way i hear it; a lot of rock musicians did, or do use drugs.
so he DID get off drugs in the nineties, he did not ever go to jail again, and there had been no reports of violence, but maybe Sicilian can fill us in on those personal matters.

God bless you Ike and thank you.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 17, 2008 18:45

Beelyboy,

You of all people should know that you can never believe what a musician says. Or, sometimes what someone else attributes to them when it comes to sex, drugs and money.

Anyways don't take it personal, I'm just poking some fun at you. I really admire most of your posts.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home