Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones deny Led Zeppelin appearance
Date: November 9, 2007 06:33

[www.digitalspy.co.uk]

When I first saw the headline I thought it meant the Stones were denying that Led Zeppelin would make an appearance for their own concert but in actuality they are denying rumors that they (Stones) will be performing at this show.

Other links:
[www.gigwise.com]

[www.nme.com]
[www.uncut.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-09 07:08 by NumberOneStonesFan.

Re: Stones deny Led Zeppelin appearance
Posted by: john r ()
Date: November 9, 2007 09:27

Though they got on well enough with Jimmy Page socially, the Stones have never expressed much enthusiasm for Zeppelin. I have one memorable 1969 interview with Keith, and when asked his reaction to several current artists he says re LZ (I cant look it up so no quote marks) Page is an old mate, but I listened to the album and the guy's voice grates on my nerves. ... I think Ron Wood appeared onstage for a song during the '75 Zep tour

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: November 9, 2007 12:34

Mr Plant sure is more of a PITA to Jimmy than Mick ever was to Keith. I´d pass by any band member's opinions, especially when it comes to such different bands as the Stones & LZ. Hope you can enjoy & love them both. I do, and feel much richer for that.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: November 9, 2007 12:41

john r Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Though they got on well enough with Jimmy Page
> socially, the Stones have never expressed much
> enthusiasm for Zeppelin. I have one memorable 1969
> interview with Keith, and when asked his reaction
> to several current artists he says re LZ (I cant
> look it up so no quote marks) Page is an old mate,
> but I listened to the album and the guy's voice
> grates on my nerves. ... I think Ron Wood appeared
> onstage for a song during the '75 Zep tour

If it's the interview from the NME Dec 6 1969 issue you are thinking of, Keith said:

'I played their album quite a few times when I first got it, but then the guy's voice started to get on my nerves. I don't know why; maybe he's a little too acrobatic. But Jimmy Page is a great guitar player.'

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: November 9, 2007 15:53

That was date of Altamont.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: November 10, 2007 04:08

I read it in "Hit Parader" , but the occasionally reprinted stuff from the UK. Actually Robert's voice on the first 2 albums frequently annoys me too, as does the cartoonish excess of their blues heaviosity; Robert really evolved imo on LZ III, and I can still enjoy that album as well as much of the next several, until "Song Remains" and "Out Door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home