Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Led Zep postponed
Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: November 1, 2007 23:10

Now at the O2 on 10th December, as Jimmy Page has broken a finger!

Re: Led Zep postponed
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 1, 2007 23:12

barking paul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now at the O2 on 10th December, as Jimmy Page has
> broken a finger!

This is NOT the first time Jimmy Page has used the broken finger excuse. He did it in L.A. in 1973.

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: November 1, 2007 23:38

Will massive ticket returns lead to a third round of the ticket lottery?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: November 1, 2007 23:51

Really...I've been accused of unfounded sceptism, but there certainly is an enormous amount of pressure on LZ for this one-off. Robert Plant expressed a distinct lack of enthusiasm towards the reunion in last Sunday's NY Times interview with Jon Pareles, coming to life insteat at the prospect of a tour with his current collaborator. Jimmy has done so little musically in public since - what? - "Walking Into Clarksdale"? Unless you count the decade spent fine tuning the remastering for the new LZ comp and "Moby Dick Remains Unlistenable" (yes, I know there were other Zep live projects, and really I am a fan).

Re: Ahmet Ertegun Tribute postponed
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 2, 2007 00:56

>> Will massive ticket returns lead to a third round of the ticket lottery? <<

massive or not, another round is what's planned:
[www.wmg.com]

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 2, 2007 01:08

He broke it while stroking the fans.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 2, 2007 01:13

Feel bad for anyone who booked flights / hotels. It's going to be hard re-scheduling for the new date. On the other hand, will be a pain for those who bought / sold for megabucks thru eBay... Karma's a bitch!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 2, 2007 01:49

Page was ALWAY hurting his fingers or hands before the US Tours start dates in the 70's - Old Traditions Die Hard....Yeah, mid Dec. is a bad travel period considering Xmas travel starts as well as Holiday get-aways, bad news all around.....

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: November 2, 2007 01:59

Don't think dec 10 is such a bad date. Also, don't think people that can afford such an expensive ticket will have problems to afford travel changes...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 2, 2007 02:01

It'll never happen.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 2, 2007 02:12

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> Page was ALWAY hurting his fingers or hands before
> the US Tours start dates in the 70's - Old
> Traditions Die Hard....Yeah, mid Dec. is a bad
> travel period considering Xmas travel starts as
> well as Holiday get-aways, bad news all
> around.....

actually i remember this too...right around the period mentioned above. it was a door slam or some such thing; but i don't think it's artifice or an excuse, unless it's one he's been using, sometimes mid tour!, since the late 60's, early 70 breakthru heydays...even back then...i don't remember the specific date or tour, and i don't know if it's the same finger, or how he keeps doing it, but this is neither the first nor the second time there's been a cancellation, or a series of them, due to jimmy's reported broken finger(s)...
that's scary stuff when u think about it...hope he's okay.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 2, 2007 03:30

not surprised at all, they are not ready to play it seems, hence the lame excuse, bummer because i really was looking forward to reports from people who were lucky enough to score tix

Date: November 2, 2007 04:06

Well I don't see it as a lame excuse, as Beely said it must have happened about 2 or 3 times before big US tours started in the '70's. I think once it was the Tube (or Subway somewhere in the US) door that he got his hand stuck in somehow. Once I believe it was his fingers and a Barb Wire/Chain Link fence at an airport in Chicago or Cleveland or something (this is all 100% teenage memory stuff so don't shoot me if I got it a bit wrong).... maybe 1 more somewhere .... Obviously , since his fingers are so important, he probably worried too much...maybe kinda how Jaggers voice gave out on SAT NIGHT LIVE since it was such an important show at the time he might have been too freaked out about something happening... so then, of course, it does.... The OLD "SELF FULFILLED PROPHECY", happens ALL THE TIME, you gotta be a person that can handle EXTREME pressure, most of us can't. This ain't the 1970's Zeppelin, this is a big time judgement concert....they're either gonna KICK ASS or KISS THE DIRT, ain't no in between on this one......I'd be vomiting day and night personally - live up the the 70's Zeppelin? NO WAY, that one's a pure bitch, not a good position to get into.....

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: November 2, 2007 04:17

It's almost as if some of you cretins WANT to see them fail. Now THAT is creepy.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 2, 2007 04:22

There is a picture of Page in a hand cast from 1973 (?). Not sure about the year. The 1975 incident had Dazed and COnfused dropped to accomidate his playing. That sounds fishy to me, but who kows?
Being a guitar player myself, if one of your fingers is out for any reason,
be it a broken or sprained finger, even a cut, can make things murder.
Yet some do get through it. I saw Pete townshend play afew gigs (1980)
with a cast on his hand after sucker-punching a wall in San Diego two days
before the LA gigs, and he played great. Loved the 12-minute version of Drowned.
However, this a HUGE, HUGE gig for Led Zeppelin. Everybody is gonna be
watching this (watching meaning "see how they do") sO I wouldn't take any chances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-02 04:24 by tomk.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: November 2, 2007 04:36

You should see the weeping and moaning on led-zeppelin. com. The loudest moaners seem to be from the ones who DON'T have tickets.

...as if any of it really matters. So, 27 years with a couple of weeks added. It sounds so much like this place -- "How much longer do I have to wait before I can bitch about the setlist?" LOL

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 2, 2007 05:04

I remember going to Wembley to see the Stones in the early ninties and arriving just to see the concert cancelled as Keith had cut his finger, we walked around the outside as saw grown men crying, it was so depressing.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 2, 2007 07:21

A Morrissey concert here was cancelled 40 minutes before doors because he had his period.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 2, 2007 07:44

trainarollin Wrote:
> A Morrissey concert here was cancelled 40 minutes
> before doors because he had his period.

Hahahaha. LOL!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: November 2, 2007 14:10

Wow what a shame.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 2, 2007 14:26

Terrible news...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 2, 2007 14:46

pgarof Wrote:
> I remember going to Wembley to see the Stones in
> the early ninties and arriving just to see the
> concert cancelled as Keith had cut his finger, we
> walked around the outside as saw grown men crying,
> it was so depressing.

Imagine how I felt, I drove all the way from Milano to London to see them ... I just could not believe it!

C

Posted by: sharky ()
Date: November 2, 2007 14:59

For the most part, Hotels have a cancelation policy and if you rebook usually forgo the fees. The airlines though will probably cost you a $100 booking fee to redo x 2

Re: Led Zep postponedE
Date: November 2, 2007 15:09

trainarollin Wrote:

Alright, gotta admit, that was a good one, super clever..... back to this Page thing. People get neurotic about their particular skill/talent. So if they're singers they worry about their voice, Guitar/Keyboard players about their hands and fingers, runners about their feet, ankles, legs. I mean "Writer's Block" is a common thing for writers - the thing these people do best somehow fails them...it's all complicated psychology shit but I've seen it happen 100's of times... this is Jimmy's thing, he alway has health issues. He had to cancel the last BLACK CROWES Tour because of back pain issues (they only played a few shows + THE WANTON SONG on Leno). Artists are as freaked out and neurotic as everyone else, even more so.... The most famous story is that John Lennon used to vomit before every BEATLES show after they became huge (don't think it was happening in Hamburg) - so if that is the case what hope is there for the average joe? None obviously.....

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 2, 2007 15:48

I'm pretty suspicious of this. I think they need an extra two weeks to get it together. Either way, it's a sell-out, and DVD revenues don't change, so no loss to the Ahmet Fund.

At least they had the decency to cancel far enough in advance to allow people to change their plans. I was in Atlantic City when the Stones cancelled a few hours before the show. One of the worst days of my life. At least I saw the liberty bell.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 2, 2007 16:35

What the hell does this guy DO with his fingers?

Keith can play with a broken head!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 2, 2007 16:47

"pgarof Wrote:
> I remember going to Wembley to see the Stones in
> the early ninties and arriving just to see the
> concert cancelled as Keith had cut his finger, we
> walked around the outside as saw grown men crying,
> it was so depressing.
"

I was about the only bugger who turned up at Cardiff n all!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 2, 2007 17:04

trainarollin Wrote:

hawwwww LOL
outrageous; lovin' it...lolhahahaa

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 2, 2007 17:36

I don't believe the finger excuse at all! I think they need more time to rehearse and I can't blame them really. The pressure is intense! It would be like the Stones having a 20 year hiatus and rehearsing their catalog in 6 weeks! Not happening!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 2, 2007 19:21

mickschix Wrote:
> I don't believe the finger excuse at all! I think
> they need more time to rehearse and I can't blame
> them really.

Debra..admit it, you're just a conspiracy theorist..... winking smiley

The pressure is intense! It would be
> like the Stones having a 20 year hiatus and
> rehearsing their catalog in 6 weeks! Not
> happening!

the Stones DO rehearse for about 5-6 weeks - because they end up having to learn 70-80 songs that they can play.

hardly the same comparison for a one-off show that even if its 2 hours long will probably only have about 12-15 songs.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home