Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT:Tom Robinson Band: Do Stones fans like?
Posted by: guy ()
Date: October 30, 2007 01:17

I have been listening to the 2004 version of the 1979 Album Power in the Darkness, and it is amazing, are there any other Stones fans who go for this?

Re: OT:Tom Robinson Band: Do Stones fans like?
Posted by: spikey ()
Date: October 30, 2007 01:25

YES! This was a great, great band. Tom's follow up project, Sector 27 was also quite good.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: October 30, 2007 09:28

I haven't listened to Tom Robinson in years, but I used to be a fan. He's a BBC DJ now and plays two gigs a year - one in Battersea London (he lives in Wandsworth) and one in Bruges.

TRB started well - Power in the Darkness, Rising Free, 2468 Motorway then fell apart. Their second album wasn't all that. Sector 27 were ok.

Tom Robinson's best album, for me, is North by Northwest. It's a near flawless album.

Posted by: Ron Wud ()
Date: October 30, 2007 11:05

Up Against The Wall is tops for me. I'm a sucker for any record where the band cuts out and a chopping guitar is set free. Check out The Passion Killers "Piece Of The Action".

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: October 30, 2007 11:32

That was a great song, Up Against the Wall. Too Good to Be True and Power in the Darkness were great too.

The last song of his I liked was The Wedding, off his 1987 album, Still Loving You. It's about a bloke going to an ex-boyfriend's (straight) wedding. Of course, Tom is now married and has two kids.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: October 30, 2007 12:44

Saw Tom Robinson and his band in the late eighties, and again as a solo artist about ten years ago.

On each occasion, he was absolutely superb. A great artist and magnificent performer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home