Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Faces reissues and "Nod" credits
Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 26, 2007 01:00

I see Amazon (US) lists the Faces studio albums for pre-sale. Anyone know if Rhino (US) plans a domestic release or if they will (inexplicably)be available only as imports?
Also, maybe this is common knowledge but I never saw specific credits for "Nod" 'til I bought a copy of the 1st pressing vinyl with the enormous poster. Printed on the poster are song-by-song credits, no real surprises but I'll mention them for anyone interested:
Kenny Jones - Drums
Ronnie Lane - Bass, Vocals, Sho-bro guitar('Last Orders' & 'Debris')(dobro? - JR)
Ian McLagan - Keyboards
Rod Stewart - Vocals
Ron Wood - Guitars, Harmonica ('You're So Rude'), Acoustic Bass ('Last Orders')

Re: Faces reissues and "Nod" credits
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 26, 2007 08:35

some information about Sho-Bro guitars: [www.contusion.com]

Posted by: Kyle ()
Date: October 26, 2007 08:45

I really hope that they release all the albums in the US. I have the box set, but I would buy all of them anyway.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: October 26, 2007 13:00

I have the feeling they postponed the re-release of the 4 Faces album to March 2008 to coincide with a Faces reunion tour...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 26, 2007 15:49

The entire Faces catalog was out of print for something like 20 years until Warners finally reissued them on CD in the mid-90's, so it's no wonder that Ron's work with them was a revelation to all the young Stones fans who viewed him as merely a sideman.

As far as john r.'s mention of credits on the albums...when the WB people put out Ron's first two albums they really dropped the ball by not including a reproduction of the insert that came with IMPORT copies of "I've Got My Own Album To Do." It resembled the inner sleeve of Black and Blue, with studio notes that listed the players on each track, surrounded by lots of Ron's doodles and illustrations (and some photos too).

The U.S. version never had it, and it's too bad, because finding out who played what on the various tracks was half the fun. I picked up an import copy in a cut out bin at a Licorice Pizza record store for two bucks about two or three years after it had come out, and it made me enjoy the album that much more.

Funnny thing, the CD insert for Now Look was very well done, and included an extra photo not used on the original album cover.

It would be nice if a version of that original poster that came with Nod, (or at least the credits) were included with this new reissue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-26 16:44 by loog droog.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 26, 2007 23:46

Loog droog it would also be nice if Ron Wood's Warner Bros solo albums got remastered (early 90s CDs rather drab sounding) - even if in ltd editions from Rhino Handmade. They have so many big stars on them as well as the fact that they're very good (especially Now Look imo)...Just listened to Ron & M Taylor (slide) grooving on "It's Unholy" yesterday, and it smokes - as does Ron & Keith, & Ron & Bobby Womack....

Posted by: babablack ()
Date: October 28, 2007 11:19

Rod is touring Australia in March 2008, announced today. i dont know what that means for the Faces tour

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home