Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Plant to tour with Alison Krauss
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: October 24, 2007 08:36

I read in the newspaper Plant is to tour with Alison. This to promote the cd that they collorated together. Not sure when. I bet there will be no more Zep shows in the works. But you can dream about it.

Re: Plant to tour with Alison Krauss
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 24, 2007 20:08

... There will be a Zep tour - don't fret, Jimmy's giving Robert the first taste for free.... Plant can knock off that tour with Allison in a few weeks, it ain't a Bigger Bang or anything, might be just another bang though knowing Robert and his "desires" - that Krauss ain't bad (easy on the eyes as they say)...

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 24, 2007 21:32

....I can't wait for the Plant/Krauss tour.....I've already heard a couple of their new songs on the radio. They're different, I like it.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 24, 2007 21:38

It's a small tour.

Date: October 24, 2007 22:47

Yeah Lukester, there's a good songs preview/interview with the both of them critters on Amazon.com ("Raising Sand" - PLANT/KRAUSS)... was suppose to get the CD today but Amazon F-ed up and mez will have it by Friday, what I heard sounds quite good....and the "Plant Man" is ALWAYS interesting, no matter what he fiddles with....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 24, 2007 23:10

The Tour: About 8 songs from the CD, a few covers done in the CD style, Battle of Evermore & Black Dog and you've got the set list.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 24, 2007 23:21

Lukester, I was so looking forward to going to see Plant/Krauss but after seeing them perform an Everly Brothers tune on the Today Show All I can say is PASS! It was really boring, no challenge for her voice, or his either for that matter. I could have sung that tune, and I am no singer! I'll have to listen to a few other tunes, it can't be that drab all the way through....can it?

Date: October 24, 2007 23:21

....hmmmm...sounds like small tour AND small concert.....I'll show up with a small buzz.........I'm joking, it will be a colossal buzz, always is.

Date: October 24, 2007 23:26

I saw Plant on the Strange Sensation tour, I was standing about 15 feet in front of his face, and the music was great, think I will keep that memory for a while.

Date: October 24, 2007 23:34

Lukester, buzz from what exactly... IOW, name yer favorite BUZZ !!! (my cousin from the DEA wants to know, just for kicks, you know....NO BIGGIE)

BLUZDUDE, you forgot "FOUR STICKS" (with that Arabic twist) - seems to be a Plant favorite these days....

Date: October 24, 2007 23:39

HelterSkelter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lukester, buzz from what exactly... my cousin from the DEA wants to
> know

...tell your cousin he'll have to get his own drugs.....I aint sharing with no stinking DEA...

Date: October 24, 2007 23:41

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> BLUZDUDE, you forgot "FOUR STICKS" (with that
> Arabic twist) - seems to be a Plant favorite these
> days....

You are right! Maybe he'll throw in Kashmire, or even No Quarter for good measure. At least that will extent the show to 2 hours.

Date: October 24, 2007 23:45

No can do bro, he's spoiled, he's used to gettin' EVERYTHING for free by way of a little skimming off the top - harmless fun and games really, that's all, nothin' more.....

Date: October 24, 2007 23:56

FEDS! ha

Date: October 25, 2007 00:05

...I bet he throws in "Hot Dog," right loog droog?

Date: October 25, 2007 00:07

Hats Off to (Roy) Harper! a must!

Date: October 25, 2007 00:37

BluzDude Wrote:
> Hats Off to (Roy) Harper! a must!

Zep's got about 4 or 5 sh*t songs (outtakes) - HATS OFF is one of them - probably # 1, belongs in the "CHERRY OH BABY" bin.....

MY OTHER CHOICES:

D'yer Maker
Wearing and Tearing
Ozone Baby
Carousalambra

You boys agree ????

Date: October 25, 2007 00:45

I'm glad you didn't put the Crunge in there. Your list is pretty right on, however I do like the opening of Carousalambra, but the song sort of luzes direction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-25 00:55 by BluzDude.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 25, 2007 01:03

I work with a promoter and said the tour is a small limited market thing. I was hoping for a date in my area since he's worked with Alison Krauss in the past.

Date: October 25, 2007 01:16

The tour will be in 2008. An announcement of dates will be coming soon I am told.

Date: October 25, 2007 01:25

As I said in a prior thread, sure they will tour in 2008 (Plant & Krauss), but Zep is so powerful they can tour anytime, they don't need to do it on the heals of the 02 gig. But if they want to use it, Maybe a DVD will come out right about the time Plant is finishing his tour with Alison. Then to sell the DVD, the speculation will begin all over again....Robert, once again the ball is in your corner. So, IF it happens, this will give Plant the perfect excuse. "I've done all I wanted to do for now, so the time is right"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-25 01:27 by BluzDude.

Date: October 25, 2007 18:08

mickschix Wrote:
> Lukester, I was so looking forward to going to see
> Plant/Krauss but after seeing them perform an
> Everly Brothers tune on the Today Show All I can
> say is PASS! It was really boring, no challenge
> for her voice, or his either for that matter. I
> could have sung that tune, and I am no singer!
> I'll have to listen to a few other tunes, it can't
> be that drab all the way through....can it?

Hey Debra, I just saw this post now. I don't know much about the rest of the album. It's that Everly Brothers tune that I keep hearing on the radio, "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Left Home)" or something like that. I like the tune. There's another one I heard too but all I remember was that it was mostly Alison singing, with some Plant wailing and moaning in the back ground. I thought it sounded really good too.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: October 25, 2007 18:48

Maybe they'll do Dolly Partons version of Stairway....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 25, 2007 23:41

I just could not get into it at all, and I love Plant alot. I thought it was a really DULL tune, but to each her own!! You're funny, Luke, " Plant wailing and moaning"...too cute!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2007 23:48

Have you heard their version of "Fortune Teller" yet?
Why that song?
Why at all?

This CD was born of Alison covering Big Log and having a mild hit with it.
Then some marketing genius said "Let's get those two together to make more covers!"

FORTUNE TELLER!?!?

Date: October 26, 2007 11:38

Whoa !!! kids, kids, kids....WHAT ARE Y'ALL SAYIN' HERE !?!?!... Amazon so kindly dropped this (RAISING SAND) off a number of hours back and what can I say, it is an AMAZING CD. PLANT(recent solo)/KRAUSS meet TOM WAITS with a DAVID LYNCH movie in your head and a dash of good COUNTRY splashed on your ear drums. MOODY as hell - SO MOODY, way beyond Robert's recent moodiness... Spooky music man - I hear a little bit of The DOORS "MY WILD LOVE" in some of this stuff - a bit of Plant/Page - "RUDE WORLD" here and there. FORTUNE TELLER is straight out of a David Lynch movie - I love the frickin' thing - SO ORIGINAL, there's some high creativity working here..... MELLOW, SPOOKY, MOODY, EXOTIC, OTHER WORLDLY, EXPERIMENTAL, NORTH AFRICAN, SHINE IT ALL AROUND-ISH, PEOPLE TURNING INTO SMOKEY DUST AND ESCAPING THROUGH THE CHIMNEY - exactly how it is when you let the 17 year old Tahitian twins out of the basement for a whole lotta love and lemon squeezin' , and all that other hoochie coochie stuff - no zeppelin in sight, not a peep, not a riff.....BONZO has left the building...... Plant, don't leave us, you STILL have a head full of spooky/kooky effing BRILLIANT idea's....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-26 14:27 by HelterSkelter.

Date: October 26, 2007 17:42

Where's Luke and Debra - agree with the Helter or no go? Come on gang, cup of coffee and a big, giant Krispy Kreme donut should get you zoomin' on the keyboard.....

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 26, 2007 18:11

Munichhilton Wrote:
> This CD was born of Alison covering Big Log and
> having a mild hit with it.

I need to hear this (I just can't get an idea in my head what it must sound like). I checked youtube and didn't find it. Anybody know where I can go to hear it?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 26, 2007 19:00

JUST bought this album last night and listened to it on the way in to work this morning. It is brilliant. Those voices are beautiful together and the backing band is terrific. When I hear this, I understand why Plant may not be up for a LZ tour. He's gotta be excited about this album, rather than playing 'Stairway' and 'Black Dog' at arenas with LZ. I think that one-off will be interesting and a lot of fun, and I'd love to see them tour, but it's obvious Plant is in a creative mood these days, and has moved beyond LZ musically. If he tours with LZ after AKrauss, it'll be a money thing.

Date: October 26, 2007 19:42

WM, maybe AMAZON has samples, they usually do. Just think MOODY and SPOOKY and TOM WAITS and BRILLIANT and as Tate said, the voices blend beautifully.

Think Bob Dylan, "MAN IN THE LONG BLACK COAT" or the TIME OUT OF MIND album, that's the feeling.....This is END OF THE WORLD music - the LAST OUTPOST !! (at least END OF THE ROAD - lol) There are a couple pretty straight-ish laid back Country songs (good ones - THROUGH THE MORNING, THROUGH THE NIGHT/YOUR LONG JOURNEY/LET YOUR LOSS BE YOUR LESSON. The rest of it is out there.....FORTUNE TELLER is pure brilliance !!! what a twist....)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-26 20:20 by HelterSkelter.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home