Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

not very OT: Alice Cooper
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 22, 2007 01:46

I would bet there a few people here that like Alice.
I put 700 miles on my car this weekend going to see Alice in Birmingham, Alabama, and I'm glad I did.

The show ran about two hours and featured well over twenty songs.
Most of the setlist was from the '60s-'70s with a few of the newer tunes thrown in.

I prefer hearing the older stuff, but the highlight of my experience Saturday night was during "Dirty Diamonds." Alice throws strings of beads to the audience during that tune, and I had a fourth row seat. You can see where this is going! As he was in front of me, he twirls a string of beads around a couple of fingers and motions as if he's going to throw it deep into the audience. He then underhands it like a girl's fast-pitch softball and nails me in the chest with those beads! I could barely react in time to catch the beads before they fell to the floor!

Beads or not, I would urge anyone to see Alice Cooper again, or for the first time. He heads back to Europe after a few more shows stateside.

[www.sickthings.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-22 01:54 by Edith Grove.

Re: not very OT: Alice Cooper
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:14

I have an opportunity to see Alice Cooper in Ventura next week. Not certain that I'll make the ticket purchase. I spent $80 to get the Discbox version of Radiohead's In Rainbow and I really should count my pennies for a spell.

But the setlists that I have looked at seem pretty cool. I mostly know Alice Cooper's Love it to Death through Welcome to My Nightmare albums, and it seems like the shows focus on that era.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:44

Seen Alice bout 6 wks. ago , he & daughter & drummer put on excellent show

as for da guitars " Ryan Roxy is missed " Badly

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: October 22, 2007 09:29

got tix for Nov.25th. This'll be my 3rd AC-gig, and I'm pretty sure he delivers the goods this time as well.
I only fret the warm-up: Uriah Heep!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 22, 2007 09:58

I loved going to see Alice in the late 70's and early eighties. I think he went downhill a bit post welcome to my nightmare -- but I here he's back and that's great!

Date: October 22, 2007 13:09

BluzDude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I loved going to see Alice in the late 70's and
> early eighties. I think he went downhill a bit
> post welcome to my nightmare -- but I here he's
> back and that's great!

Might be why he leans on his old catalog.
This last couple of shows I've been to had many
middle-agers bringing their kids.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 22, 2007 13:47

I spent about 20 minutes chatting rock and roll and golf with the Coop on his bus after the Birmingham show. Very interesting guy and his shows now are better than they were in the 70s and the biggest bargain in rock.

Coop is definitely a MUST SEE act and way better than many bands charging $200+.

DON'T MISS HIM!

not very OT: Alice Cooper
Posted by: stoneskris ()
Date: October 22, 2007 13:59

I've only seen Coop one time. He opened for The Stones @ Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. The very best opener in my 24 Stone's Shows that I've seen. I ended up front row Ronnie's side and caught two pair of Coop's beads! I gave one set to my sister and I still have the other. Great opener for any Stone's Show.

Kris

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: October 22, 2007 18:37

I saw Alice at Dodge County Fair in Wisconsin earlier this year. Hadn't seen him live since Billion Dallar Babies tour in 1973.Great set with a lot of older songs and a decent stage show. Always great entertainment value with the Alice Cooper "show".He still has that attitude on stage that says he's there for business.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 22, 2007 20:45

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 22, 2007 21:54

His daughter's name is Calico and the drummer is Eric Singer, who also plays with KISS. Alice does put on a great show.

Date: October 23, 2007 00:20

Steven, you lucky bastard!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: October 23, 2007 00:23

i like''hOW YA GONNA SEE ME NOW'' another great rehab song

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 23, 2007 00:24

Funny thing, i watched the "Welcome To My Nightmare" DVD Friday night as a prelude to Halloween... Just think if Hunter, Wagner, John and Whitey were on this tour!!!

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 23, 2007 00:28

I saw the current tour about six weeks ago. It is fabulous AND bargain priced.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 23, 2007 03:49

I caught him in Reno a few weeks ago as well as in Phoenix last year opening for the Stones. Very enjoyable both times.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home