Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: keith and hendrix
Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: October 9, 2007 19:38

the real point here is who cares! linda's number is publically listed as are a bunch of keiths numbers- if it bothers you that much call up and ask.

OLDKR

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 9, 2007 19:54

Who me? I dont care, I just pointed out some facts.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 9, 2007 20:08

LA FORUM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who me? I dont care, I just pointed out some
> facts.

It's not facts though, just stuff you've read in a book.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 9, 2007 20:18

No need for apologies sssoul!

Re facts and books, hundreds of books have been written about various bands and rock heroes. There are certain authors one can trust to have done the most accurate possible job -- among them Philip Norman, Michael Lydon, Stanley Booth.
I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that quickly come to my mind. Mainly because they actually spoke on numerous occasions to the people they write about. And because they have intelligence, standards and care about the music.

Many writers start off being worthwhile and with a little success or a nudge from those damned publishers who constantly urge authors to "take it to the edge..make it more tabloidy...isn't there an orgy you can write about?" they sell out or recyle material until it takes on a completely different context.

Date: October 9, 2007 20:54

His Majesty Wrote:
> LA FORUM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who me? I dont care, I just pointed out some
> > facts.
>
> It's not facts though, just stuff you've read in a
> book.

Why is this not a fact? Linda Keith said it and Cross wrote it in a book. The book is about Hendrix and doesnt really speculate but quote people like etc. See, I knew this is trouble, had it been Brian calling Linda's father, this would just have added to the image of the troubled and false Brian. Im not your typical LARS guy, if anything, the opposite on that site.

[www.amazon.com]

Date: October 9, 2007 21:02

If it makes you happy to believe everything you read in a book, especially one written by Charles Cross, feel free. Live it up babe!

Date: October 9, 2007 21:04

Yeah sure he lies, Linda Keith lies. Keith never made the call. Brian did, he was the @#$%&.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2007 21:17

So...who to trust here; Stonesrule or LA Forum ?

The things is - that I can't picture Keith doing something like that - not in a million years.

Let's say it was actually true....that he made a phonecall to Lindas parents -
it may have been mentioned that Linda was seeing Jimi at that time - but surely not in the way that's Charles Cross describes....at all

That's a big "if" - as I take Stonesrule words, above Cross - in a minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-09 21:58 by Erik_Snow.

Re: Keith and Hendrix
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 9, 2007 21:56

well ... i've read about that phone call in different sources and from different angles -
which doesn't make it true, but it isn't hard for me to imagine Keith doing it either.
why shouldn't he talk to her parents?

but as for what words he used or what the main aim/tone of the call was (if it happened),
i'm not sure who outside of the people on the phone would know - and that includes Linda,
who would only know what someone else told her about it.

meanwhile i doubt that even LA Forum is seriously trying to imply that Keith is a racist -
that seems way too outlandish even for him :E

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-10 21:12 by with sssoul.

Re: Keith and Hendrix
Date: October 9, 2007 22:06

>>which doesn't make it true, but it isn't hard for me to imagine Keith doing it either. why shouldn't he talk to her parents?<<

I didn't mean that it's possible to picture Keith on the phone, maybe they once called - and asked if she was with him, or something like that.
I did mean that I can't picture Keith "calling to say that their daughter...etc".
Anyway, I'm not too into stories like this one, I shouldn't get involved.

Date: October 9, 2007 22:19

OMG, why wouldnt this be possible?? Ive never heard anyone despute this story. The book is not about bashing Keith. Linda Keith didnt bash Keith she just told her story about meetin Jimi Hendrix.
It's not hard for me to imagine Keith doing this, he has a temper, and Im not saying Keith is a racist, Im sayin he was hurt, he was 23, his girl left with a guy who happaned to be Jimi Hendrix at a time when the Stones were recording Between the Buttons (?). And she calls and says she's met this amazing dude. It's a pathetic move by Keith but I think youre naive if you believe he's been "cool Keith" with cool oneliners for every occasion all the time. I bet he's done many uncool things. He was in a rage so what? Makes him human.

Date: October 9, 2007 22:33

LA FORUM Wrote:
> I think youre naive if you believe he's been "cool
> Keith" with cool oneliners for every occasion all
> the time.

That's putting it in a very limited way.
Never thought Keith was like you describe. But there's a difference between being "human" - and acting like a 12 year old schoolboy - squealing to his exgirlfriends parents, and calling Jimi a junkie and a N.
Anyway, I'm not an authority here, unlike others, I was just giving an opinion.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-09 22:57 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 9, 2007 23:08

The alleged "rage" was probably more to do with the missing Strat. JH had several NY girls after him at the time and was not "serious" about Linda. It was vice versa.

The fact is that LInda dug Jimi and thus wished to help him. Jimi was an essential nobody at the time, was not interested in "taking away Keith's chick." In fairness to Linda, she was DETERMINED to help Jimi, whether he appreciated it or not. She tried to hook him up with Adrew Oldham, who really didn't quite catch on. Then she ran into Chas Chandler and thus the saga of Jimi Hendrix Epic Superstar began. In many ways, not to Jimi's own best interests.

All of this involved a few minutes here and there....It wasn't a three hour movie with big drama! Some have chosen to make it that after the fact.

The words "Keith" and "rage" do not basically work in the actual context, and Keith and Jimi for the next almost four years thought well of each other.

Charles Cross was not there for any of it.

Hope this is somehow helpful but I am now officially bored with the subject.

I'm still hoping for more posts on the Stones 1792 tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-12 00:37 by stonesrule.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: October 10, 2007 00:56

Keith told somebody "you're daughter's taken up w/ a Black Junkie"...

hahahahahaha.....yeah, that's MUCH worse than being w/ Keith (aka a White Junkie)....hahaha....

if he did do it (which I doubt)....lame and hypocritical (on several levels - musically he worshipped blacks and drugging - who was worse than Keith?)....

and this Linda chick could just be making the story up to make herself seem more important to both Keith and Jimi than she really was....

Date: October 10, 2007 01:20

This all happened back in the dark ages of 1966. A little early for the rock star junkie trip.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: October 10, 2007 01:53

I recall somewhere, (and its been so long I can't remeber if I read it or saw Keith say it) but when asked about Jimi, it went something like " great player but his group is not a "band". Jimi is bigger than that band. They don't play together".

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Date: October 10, 2007 05:32

I made this space dedicated to the Jimi Hendrix and Rolling Stones connections it includes videos and music files of Jimi playing with Stones members

Check it out!

[www.rocksoff.org]

Date: October 10, 2007 05:53

This is one of the many pictures on that site

...and this is the video already posted in the other thread, I added music composed and played by Jimi and Brian Jones with Dave Mason of Traffic and Mitch Mitchell from TJE

Date: October 10, 2007 07:57

What I like about some of these images is that it ian accurate portrayal of what often dressing room life is about -- as opposed to wild excitement one hundred percent of the time. Waiting...just waiting to get on stage. maybe a little jamming, some tuning and getting the nerves together. It's always a little nerve-racking to be playing Madison Square Garden.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:56

Would anyone suggest that the guitar solos on All Sold Out (Between the Buttons) might have been influenced by Jimi's coming to the UK? Linda Keith saw Jimi for the first time on june 23th 1966 at Café Wha in New York and in september 1966 Jimi came to the UK for the first time and he stayed there until the end of the year at least.

All sold out was recorded between august and december 1966, the months when Jimi was having his breakthrough. Somehow I get the feeling Keith was somehow inspired by Jimis way of playing when recording this song. Or is it just me?

Date: October 10, 2007 11:47

Well KEiths style changed and of course it had to be with Jimi - he inspired them all. The heavy chunky rhythms.

"The fact is that LInda dug Jimi and thus wished to help him. Jimi was an essential nobody at the time was not interested in "taking away Keith's chick." In fairness to Linda, she was DETERMINED to help Jimi, whether he appreciated it or not. She tried to hook him up with Adrew Oldham, who really didn't quite catch on. Then she ran into Chas Chandler and thus the saga of Jimi Hendrix Epic Superstar began. In many ways, not to Jimi's own best interests. "

Were you there? Cross wrote that too but I dont believe this. He's full of it. Or do we have a problem with cool Keith being childish?

Re: Keith, Hendrix & LA Logic
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2007 12:08

>> Cross wrote that too but I dont believe this. He's full of it. <<

LoFL: so Cross is your Big Authority in your earlier posts and now he's "full of it"?
that makes the usual amount of sense. :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-10 13:28 by with sssoul.

Date: October 10, 2007 18:49

Yes LA FORUM, my sources are impeccable. I knew most of the people involved and listened to their thoughts with my own ears in the 60s.

May I respectfully say that you are becoming quite tedious and I think I will save my time and use it for something more positive than your confused posts.
'Bye.

Date: October 10, 2007 20:52

with sssoul Wrote:
> >> Cross wrote that too but I dont believe this.
> He's full of it. <<
>
> LoFL: so Cross is your Big Authority in your
> earlier posts and now he's "full of it"?
> that makes the usual amount of sense. :E

;- I was trying to be ironic-
I trust Cross and see no reason not to, just because Keith comes out in a "bad" way on one page in his book. Some fans here cant handle the fact Keith called Linda's father some 40 years ago.

Date: October 10, 2007 21:48

..."can't handle the fact", now that's a good one

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-10 22:45 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 11, 2007 03:10

Know the phone feelin' well....Linda Lovelace
phoned me parents to tell 'em when I dumped her
and ran off with that Romanian ventiloquest performer
and her freaky doll.....Mum didn't care much but dad really got sucked in...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: October 11, 2007 03:13

keith has two "shrines" in his house......one to robert johnson and one to jimi...it's documented

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 11, 2007 03:15

Well there is a photo of Keith in a room
with of photo of Robert Johnson on the mantle....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 11, 2007 05:08

Rockman, thought you were saving all that "personal stuff" for YOUR book.

Date: October 11, 2007 10:47

jhat111 Wrote:
> keith has two "shrines" in his house......one to
> robert johnson and one to jimi...it's documented

Sounds lovely but is it a fact or just something someone wrote in a book?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home