Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 374
Re: Some Kinda Stones Connections
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 20, 2008 12:19

Keith Richards - Robert Greenfield interview Rolling Stone #89 - 19 August 1971

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2008 12:12

VANITY FAIR - July 2008.....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2008 12:24

VANITY FAIR - July 2008.....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 25, 2008 01:44

New York LOOK ..... Fall 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: June 27, 2008 07:46

NME- Page 29 - 14 June 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: June 27, 2008 13:42

Melbourne Herald Sun - 27 June 2008

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Voja ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:03

Here are some excerpts from Bebe Buell's Rebel Heart:
“All I know is that when Mick Jagger walked in the room, my heart pounded harder than it’s ever pounded and I felt the air leave my chest! I didn’t know if Jagger was going to sing or just hang out.
He was just playing the little imp that night, running around and causing havoc with all the women there, flirting with everyone endlessly. As soon as someone’s boyfriend would turn around, he’d go over and start in on them. Johnny Podell was there with Monica Podell. Mick ran over to Monica when Johnny walked away. He whispered something and touched her, and then he ran over to Neil Smith’s wife, Babette, who was a fetching tall blond, and started telling her what he’d like to do to her. He was just going around and starting trouble. He thought nothing of having a bonk with someone in a bathroom, one of his favorite places for a quickie. As soon as he saw me, it was like Whoosh, fresh blood!
Mick flirted with me unbelievably and told me I was pretty and that I should be with him and not Todd. But, Mick says that to all the girls. He’s like a little pixie who runs around causing trouble with all the females . . .” (pgs. 56-57)
“But Mick was in an altogether different place. He wanted to kiss everybody and was rolling around.
‘C’mon Mick!’ John (Lennon) barked. ‘Leave the girl alone. Can’t you see she wants to listen to the UFO story?’
‘@#$%& the UFOs!’ Mick shouted. ‘Let’s have some sex!’ (pg. 87)
“Mick was diplomatic all the way though. He didn’t like to mock David (Bowie), because he still liked to have fun with him. They used to love to pick up beautiful black girls and take them back to the hotel and have mad sex with them. As a matter of fact, one of the times, I was stupid enough to pick up my phone at 4:00 a.m. , it was them calling me. Mick was saying, “We’ve got gorgeous black men here, and we’re waiting for you.
‘Oh! I’m going to take all you on? Sounds just like me, doesn’t it, Mick?’ And I hung up. He called back again. It just went on and on . . . So finally, I just had to take the phone off the hook.” (pg. 90)
“Mick would often not hear the females in the room when the boys were around. When the men were talking, it was as if they were going to another room to have cigars and cognac after dinner; the women were definately left out. But, John (Lennon) wasn’t like that. He was attentive to the women and interested in the female viewpoint, and he appeared to be interested in the things I would say, whereas Mick would just ignore me. So John made me feel very special.” (pg. 90)
“Mick was a traditional Englishman when it came to marriage. He wanted Bianca to stay home and take care of their daughter Jade while he did what he pleased, which turned out to be seeing a lot of me, among others.” (pg. 99)
“He (Mick) had a handful of women, about five of us, his wife included, and I was one of his favorites. (pg. 101)
“Mick has absolutely zero prejudices; he loves girls of all kinds and colors equally. He’s beyond categories.” (pg. 101)
“Mick demanded a certain chic of his women. Before we went out, if he didn’t like what I was wearing, he would send me back to put on another outfit. (pg. 101-102)
“ . . . I heard another rustle and felt a body snuggling up behind me. “Who’s that?’ I whispered again, not knowing what to imagine.
‘It’s Mick. I’ve just come for a cuddle.’
‘Okay,’ I said. And he cuddled, but his desires were quite clearly less innocent than Woody’s. Mick wanted to have sex!
I said, ‘I’m tired, darling; I’ve got to go to sleep; puleeze go upstairs!’
‘It’s cold up there,’ he whined. ‘I don’t like it up there. It’s freezing up there. Please, Bebe, please.’
But, after all I had just gone through, I didnt want him there. I was too cranky and emotionally used up. I didn’t want sexual comfort, and I was ravenous for sleep. Finally, he reluctantly shuffled off. (pg. 110)
Woody and I soon developed a close relationship as brotherly mates and enjoyed our time together immensely. The only time there were any sexual shenanigans in that bed was one night when Mick jumped into bed with us. At first, it was playful, like an adolescent wrestling match. I was wearing pajamas. Woody had on some leopard-style underwear, but Mick being the ringmaster of the sexual romp was naked. With my back to Mick, I was snuggling toward Woody, when Mick reached around to touch me and touched Woody’s willy by accident. We all lept into the air. Woody screamed, “Oh my God, you touched my cock!” Mick was screaming, “Get the Valium!” I ran away from both of them, heading upstairs, where I ended up spending the night with Mick. (pg. 112)
“Mick took it upon himself to give me some personal tutoring. For instance, if we were going out to dinner, he might tell me. ‘Make sure you suggest we order the Château Rothschild 1947, because I know that menu, and it’s the best bottle of wine on the menu. I want you to study the menu and then say, ‘Oh, let’s get this one’, but make sure everyone at the table hears you.’” (pg. 119)
“One of Mick’s favorite things to do was to plan our conversations for those dinners. He would coach me to say a particular thing, which I’d do. It would often be about something nobody would have expected me to have an inkling about. Or he’d teach me a couple of lines in French and then he’d respond in French when I used them.” (pg. 119)
“Beatrice, the French girl he was keeping around, just irritated the hell out of me. I was always ribbing Mick, saying, ‘Jesus Christ, you’ll @#$%& anything, won’t you?’
‘She’s pretty, Bebe,’ he’d reply.
‘Yes, she’s pretty, but she’s brain-dead!’
‘Well, what do I need her brains for? I’ve got you to talk to and her to @#$%&! So, it’s fine. And your both named Beatrice.’ “ (pg. 119-120)
“ . . . he would bend my ear, complaining about the way Bianca treated him. After a phone conversation with her, he would often be in tears. Mick is a sensitive, sweet man, and she had the power to humiliate him in a way no other woman ever did. After his relationship with Bianca, I think he was determined never to let a woman have that crucial power over him again. That’s one reason Jerry Hall had to put up with so much misery. There was an endless battle of egos between Bianca and Mick because of all the press attention given to their physical similarities. People felt that Mick was so egocentric that he could only fall in love with another version of himself. Whatever the case, they apparently had to challenge each other all the time. Meanwhile it was rumored that Mick was having an affair with the socialite Barbara Allen, who was staying at Dick Cavett’s house, which was a few hundred yards away over the dunes. He was always wandering over to see her. I remember thinking, Why would he fly me out here and want me to stay if he’s interested in someone else? Then, I recalled his words at the Wick: “I’ve got you to talk to and her to @#$%&.” So, I had to accept the fact that he simply liked my company--I know he adored my energy.” (pg. 122)
On page 314, Bebe states, “I have been known to upstage Mick Jagger.” (Ha! Ha! HA! That is just too funny!!!)
Then, on page 115, she states, “Everybody seemed to revere Keith, perhaps in part because they knew what the public then was not aware of--that he was the musical genuis behind the Rolling Stones that the band’s sound, their songs, came primarily from him, although Mick was the only who appeared to be able to unlock them successfully. Mick is one of the greatest performers of the twentieth century, but he is also a little boy, very childish, egotistical, and flamboyant. Whereas Keith is the voice of wisdom and experience, and he has the wear and tear of an old warrior about him.”

Date: June 28, 2008 13:25

Extract - Paul Shaffer's Greatest Hits - Sound & Vision June 2008
Interview Michael Gaughn - Photo Michael Weschler

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2008 02:44

Geeeeeeez wonder if Keeef copped a fake.....

.......................................................Annie Leibovitz........

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2008 03:03

.........................................................................Photo Edward Smith

Vinyl Listening Club - By Mike Mettler - Sound & Vision June 2008

ROCKMAN

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 1, 2008 05:47

aw, c'mon charlie! you know ya might as well get juiced...

Date: July 1, 2008 13:07

White-Hot Little Richard style rocking stuff from Roddy Jackson.....

CD carries Jackson's complete Specialty recordings.....AND the original
home-demo of She Said Yeah that Jackson penned with Sonny Bono (Under the name of Don Christy) ....

She Said Yeah was recorded by Larry Williams on Specialty Records in 1959 as the B-side of his
Bad Boy single and later covered by The Rolling Stones at RCA Studios Los Angeles 5 September 1965...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 4, 2008 08:40

ROCKMAN

Date: July 4, 2008 13:20

Juke Blues..Issue #65 - 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: July 5, 2008 14:16

Sight&Sound - Page81-82 MAY 2008

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 5, 2008 14:25

>> "Even more symbolic is Ronnie Wood handing a guitar to Guy as he leaves the stage." <<

how to blow one's credibility as a reviewer in two words or less eye rolling smiley
thanks, though, Rockman!

Date: July 5, 2008 14:43

Carries chapter on MickJagger/Red Devils...
Rick Rubins blues recordings from June of 1992.......

Published by BACKBEAT BOOKS

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 5, 2008 22:40

Rockman thanks for everything!! Cheers!!smileys with beer such a great farm thread!!
hmmm do you have the new Mojo magazine? Could you post the Sex Pistols interview ?...keep it up...this is great...greetings from the farm yoh!!

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 5, 2008 22:51

... cool photo of fraboni,, ,,,,,,, among everything else yer sharin'..

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 6, 2008 02:50

Rockman

Great pic Rockman! Many thanks for posting and sharing!

Btw I thought Ronnie was the RS guitarrist and Daryl the current bassist! LOL

Date: July 6, 2008 11:53

Juke Blues ... Issue 65 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: July 6, 2008 14:15

Found on ACE/Kent comp of 24 house-destroying R&B dance floor thumpers.....

NEW BREED R&B With Added Popcorn - Kent CDKEND291

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 7, 2008 13:13

Rockman
With Added Popcorn

ahhh somethin for me :E
thank you Rockman

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 7, 2008 17:26

Date: July 8, 2008 06:28

BASS GUITAR MAGAZINE - Pages 28-30 Issue 36 May/June 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: July 11, 2008 09:43

MOJO - Pages 58-63 August 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: July 11, 2008 15:31

MOJO - August 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: July 11, 2008 15:49

MOJO - August 2008

ROCKMAN

Date: July 12, 2008 00:47

Melbourne Herald Sun - 12 July 2008

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 12, 2008 00:53

Good Friday night rocking!!!smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 374

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home