Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...182183184185186187188189190191192...LastNext
Current Page: 187 of 374
Re: Some Kinda Stones Connections
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 14, 2015 17:38

Familiar photos by Gered Mankowitz, but nice, big and sharp. smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 14, 2015 22:49

Rockman

Instrumental? Wtf? Is this music good enough for that or are they expecting a big karaoke demand here? Bizarre.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 15, 2015 01:02

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2015 01:51

Herald Sun 16 August 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: August 16, 2015 05:21

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 15 August 2015

ROCKMAN

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 18, 2015 07:09

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:08 by colonial.

Date: August 18, 2015 07:16

Colonial ... you're my accountant ....and a damn good one .... HAWhaha

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-20 12:26 by Rockman.

Date: August 20, 2015 12:27

ROCKMAN

Date: August 20, 2015 18:31

From my personal collection, some 1972 clippings.

Date: August 22, 2015 02:02

ROCKMAN

Date: August 22, 2015 02:05

ROCKMAN

Date: August 27, 2015 01:33

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:45

His Majesty

Ohh Man!!! that zipper again the Beatles were ahead on the Stones

Date: August 27, 2015 22:30

Bernard Fowler interviewed on Q104.3 --- [www.q1043.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: August 28, 2015 07:51

Record Collector 444 - September 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: August 30, 2015 07:56

ROCKMAN

Date: August 30, 2015 22:21

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 30, 2015 22:37

Stay punk.

Date: August 31, 2015 01:34

ROCKMAN

Date: August 31, 2015 04:35

RECORD COLLECTOR 442 --- July 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: August 31, 2015 05:49

RECORD COLLECTOR 442 --- July 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2015 01:00

Howard Stern Plays Keith Richards 500 Times

Howard Stern's paintings may not yet be for sale, but Keith Richards' new solo album is. And if you want to be a painter -- or just have a rocking good time -- Stern highly recommends you put on some Keef. Richards' new cut, "Substantial Damage", fits Richards' life as a creative/destructive force perfectly. And it suits Howard Stern's style too: the King of All Media has caused substantial damage (as in creative disruption) wherever he's gone -- from early days on radio to practically launching satellite radio himself.

Speaking of landscapes, Stern paints on weekends. He paints apples and flowers and stuff, sort of the visual opposite of what his radio show is. But there's a new edge in those paintings apparently, provided by Keith Richards. "I f'ing love his new song [Substantial Damage]," Stern said. "I played this song at least 500 times this weekend while I was doing my painting."

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2015 01:23

Keith Richards talks solo album, documentary, and trying to get the Stones back in the studio

by Clark Collis

August 31 2015 — 11:39 AM EDT

How much material did Keith Richards have ready before he started to record his new album, Crosseyed Heart (out Sept. 18)? “How about zero!” cackles the Rolling Stones guitarist, down the phone. “But that’s the fun of recording, especially if you’re recording the way that we made this, with just Steve Jordan on drums and me on guitar, to start with. So, you can just fly anything around the room and, if it didn’t work, it didn’t work, and every now and again we’d hit on something and say, ‘Oh, that’s what we’re looking for. It was a barrel of fun actually. It is a bit of a mixture. I realized when I finished it that I was really tipping my hat [to] everybody I’d learned everything from. There’s Robert Johnson, and Gregory Isaacs, Lead Belly, and Otis Redding. That’s what I wanted to do, I wanted to make an album that—well, actually it didn’t start out as an album. I just went in to cut a few tracks. But it just kept growing!”

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The album starts with a solo acoustic track called “Crosseyed Lover.” But the song is not actually finished—as you say at the end, “That’s all I’ve got.” What’s the story?
KEITH RICHARDS: Well, we could have either faded the track out or just left it to the very end where I say, “Well, that’s all I got.” We thought that was a good catch to get into the next track. The blues is all I got, really. [Laughs]

Norah Jones sings on the track, “Illusion.” What was it like working with her?
Great. What a beautiful lady. We had the track with just me and I liked the song but this is one of those songs occasionally I write where I need the female side of the story. We called up Norah, and she loved the song, and wrote her part, and just beautifully slotted in. It’s not often that you say, “Oh, it’s a duet.” But “Gimme Shelter”? We had Merry Clayton there. It was obvious it needed a woman. There are certain songs where you feel that, without the female side of the story, you’re only getting half the story. [Laughs]

The sadly late Bobby Keys plays saxophone on the album. What do you remember about recording those tracks with him?
?
Oh, man. Bob just comes and he’s reasaxophone on the album. What do you remember about recording those tracks with himdy to rock. The man was larger than Texas and that’s saying something. Of course, we had no idea that this would be his last recordings. God, I miss that man. He was a damn good friend and a brilliant sax player. He’d been with me most of my working life. I’m still pretending he’s alive. But I know he ain’t. I miss him sorely, yeah.

How did you come to sing “Goodnight Irene” on the album? It’s not a song I would necessarily think would be something you would perform.
No, I know. It was not necessary that I thought that either. [Laughs] It came about in such a fashion that I could not deny it. Tom Waits had sent me a book on Lead Belly. It had just arrived, and it was sitting on the table, and that same day my guitar man, Pierre, he came by with a 12-string guitar. And so I’m looking at the cover of this Lead Belly [book] and I’ve got this 12-string in my hand. I sort of went, Tom, I can take a hint. It suddenly seemed to me that I had to do “Goodnight Irene.” And also, I’d always wanted to do one of those classic Ameican folk songs, that everybody knows. Usually, “…Irene” is bastardized and smoothed over and stuff. I found the original Lead Belly lyrics, which are a bit raunchier than most, and I thought, I gotta get on this, man. It was as if I was told to do it.

It’s been 23 years since you released your last solo album, Main Offender. What took you so long?
Man, I only do it when the Stones go into hibernation. Unfortunately, as I was recording this and had just finished it, the Stones came out of hibernation. [Laughs] I had it sort of sitting back there for a couple of years, waiting for the right time. Why should I clash with myself, you know? It was looking for the right spot and the right time. Because, when the Stones work, you know, hey, that’s my numero uno! [Laughs]

You’re also the subject of a new Netflix documentary called Keith Richards: Under the Influence (released Sept. 18). What was making that like?
It’s quite interesting. Morgan Neville (Twenty Feet From Stardom) who directed it, is quite incredible. He actually shot it all around me without me being aware that it was happening. I was like, “Cool.” Because I’m working on the road with the Stones. But he had a great way of not interfering. To me, it was as big a surprise as to anybody. But it’s pretty damned good. He’s done a great job. Buddy Guy, and some [other] cats, and a few things are explained. And I’m great!

A lot of documentaries have been made about the Stones over the years. Do you have a favorite?
Charlie is My Darling (1966). This was shot on the cuff but I’ve always found that very amusing. Also, C–ksucker Blues (1972) wasn’t bad. [Laughs]

Well, it was bad in some ways, if you take my meaning.
Yeah. It was as bad as it could get, actually!

There was recently some talk about a new Stones album. What’s the situation with that?
I’m trying to get the Stones into the studio. But I don’t quite honestly see it happen this year. After we do South America in February and March, I’d love to get in the studio in April. But I know what those guys are like. When they finish a tour, they don’t want to do nothing! [Laughs]

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2015 10:40

MOJO 263 --- October 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: September 3, 2015 10:53

UNCUT 221 -- October 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: September 4, 2015 01:53

UNCUT 221 -- October 2015

ROCKMAN

Date: September 4, 2015 05:10

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2015 01:33

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2015 01:51

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2015 01:52

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...182183184185186187188189190191192...LastNext
Current Page: 187 of 374

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home