Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 374
Re: Some Kinda Stones Connections
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2012 00:14

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:50

HMN

Date: October 14, 2012 02:08

Brian - Keith backstage Mod Ball circa 1963 --- Jeremy Fletcher

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2012 02:48

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:21

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: October 14, 2012 23:33

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 23:41 by Zagalo.

Date: October 14, 2012 23:55

Have a couple of items that may be of interest - Thanks for all the great stuff - Cheers

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:48

Imagine what Keith would look like if he pulled a Nanker today.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:53

Zagalo
Have a couple of items that may be of interest - Thanks for all the great stuff - Cheers

REALLY COOL Zagalo, THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

Date: October 15, 2012 06:31

Classic Rock - Presents The Blues 3 ------- September 2012

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2012 13:26

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:26

Forgot about Gorilla Munch cereal, I actually bought it once years ago when my kids were little. Horrible tasting stuff. Thanks for this Rockee and the Chuck article.

Date: October 16, 2012 01:43

...No No bloomer didn't buy any Gorilla Munch ... $8.10!!! for
a box of air... No way...but did grab a Teee from a record store...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 16, 2012 03:12

Rockman

Cool shirt Rockee, but is that you? What happened to the rest of you? Ya look like Julian Sands got a hold of you in Boxing Helena..

Date: October 16, 2012 04:16

.....Yep it's me BUT that's all ya really need ta see ......

ROCKMAN

Date: October 18, 2012 02:32

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 18, 2012 02:44

Great and cool post Zagalo thanksthumbs up

HMN

Date: October 18, 2012 23:53

A pleasure to give something back occasionally, however miniscule, to Rockman and all the great people on this board...
...I will try and post some more 'rarer' stuff - but difficult with you lot!! cool smiley

Cheers.

Date: October 18, 2012 23:56

Thanks Zagalo .... greaqt work...very kind of you ...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 18, 2012 23:57

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 03:05

latebloomer
Rockman

Cool shirt Rockee, but is that you? What happened to the rest of you? Ya look like Julian Sands got a hold of you in Boxing Helena..

if ya saw the rest of him ya'd think it was keef himself, then ya'd reallybe wondering about these connections....

Date: October 20, 2012 00:50

ROCKMAN

Date: October 20, 2012 11:02

K*NAAN - Country, God Or The Girl --- Deluxe -- A&M/Octone Records 3717629

ROCKMAN

Date: October 20, 2012 23:06

Mary Campbell Dead: Music Writer For The AP, Dies At 78

NEW YORK — Mary Campbell, whose childhood affection for the big bands and opera she heard on her radio set the stage for four decades as a music writer for The Associated Press, died Friday. She was 78.
From symphony to rock `n' roll, from Duke Ellington to Beverly Sills to the Dixie Chicks, Campbell covered the entertainment scene, earning respect from the artists she wrote about and devotion from the public who followed her profiles and reviews.
"Mary Campbell is a most admired reporter, not only because she writes so well but also because she knows an interesting story when she hears about it," celebrated conductor-tenor Placido Domingo once said.
At a party for the folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary in the 1990s, Mary Travers politely greeted the many luminaries in attendance but spent much of the evening huddled in a corner with Campbell, catching up with her old friend.
"It will be hard to think of The Associated Press without Mary Campbell on its staff," said crooner Tony Bennett upon her retirement in 2000.
Many of her readers likely agreed.
In one of her final articles, she interviewed Joe Cocker and asked the veteran rocker, "Do you still make jerky movements onstage?"
Yes, replied Cocker, "playing an imaginary piano and air guitar. That was the frustration of not being able to play, really."
Campbell couldn't play a musical instrument, either, nor could she carry a tune. It didn't matter to her. She loved her role as a member of the audience, reporting on music for other music lovers.
"I write for an ordinary person like me," she told writer Tad Bartimus in an interview in 2000. "I'm not trying to be erudite. I'm trying to be enthusiastic and clear. I always feel like the person I'm writing for would be just as touched by the music or the play as I am if they were standing in my shoes."
A tall, gentle and sad-eyed woman, Campbell more fit the image of a reference librarian than of a music reporter, but she was a pioneering rock journalist who was covering the Beatles and other bands before the rise of Rolling Stone and other magazines, before there even was a "rock" press. And her kindly demeanor was a welcome change for many rock stars, who came to trust her and even request her for interviews. Keith Richards and Lou Reed were among the musicians who expressed surprise, and sometimes dismay, when an AP journalist other than Campbell turned up.
Few witnessed as much rock history as Campbell. She was there when the Beatles played Shea Stadium in 1965, reporting that their show was "better than the World Series, the All-Star Game and 50 grand slam homers rolled into one." She interviewed Elton John before he even had a recording contract. She would recall talking to Janis Joplin around the time of Woodstock, and how the singer confided being torn between the rock `n' roll life and her desire to raise a family.
One of her favorite stories was visiting the set of "Saturday Night Live" in 1976, when George Harrison was a guest. The ex-Beatle, seated in his dressing room, was initially abrupt with Campbell, offering one-word responses to her questions. Then, a second guest joined the conversation: Paul Simon, who greeted Campbell so warmly that Harrison, too, opened up.
"Mary was completely and authentically herself, which charmed her colleagues and the many performers she interviewed over the years, from Tony Bennett to Mick Jagger to members of the New York Philharmonic," said Kristin Gazlay, an AP vice president and managing editor. "If you met her, it's impossible to ever forget her. She is greatly missed."

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 00:39

Anyone able to put up the new 'Uncut' magazine issue on the '72 era...would be very grateful.

Date: October 21, 2012 01:52

brownsugar86
Anyone able to put up the new 'Uncut' magazine issue on the '72 era...would be very grateful.

?

Date: October 21, 2012 02:14

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 02:18 by JJackFl.

Date: October 22, 2012 05:46

ROCKMAN

Date: October 22, 2012 05:48

The House Of Dave Stewart ... Record Collector 407 -- November 2012

ROCKMAN

Date: October 22, 2012 05:48

Record Collector 407 -- November 2012

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 374

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home