Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT The Faces
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 25, 2007 21:33

Has anyone heard any more rumors about the possibility of them reuniting?? Haven't heard anything about this in a while, and I'm wondering if now it's been pushed back with the Van Halen & inevitable Zep tours coming.

Re: OT The Faces
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: September 25, 2007 22:25

Totally different audiences...

Most Van Halen fans have no idea who the Faces are...

As far as Zeppelin...they will never tour and ruin their reputation...everytime they got together it has been a disaster...that's all they have to do is expose a Zeppelin that is a shadow of what they once were to the younger generation and the mystic and the legend will be gone...for sure.

PECMAN

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: September 25, 2007 23:13

Pec, I both agree and disagree with you in this post.

I agree that Zep touring will actually be BAD for the band. You are right, the mystery is EVERYTHING to Zep and a less than crazy, awesome and FLAWLESS tour would ruin thier legend.

BUT I MUST DISAGREE with the statement that most VH fans don't even know who the Faces are.
BS
most VH fans I know are students of Rock and Blues and have been since the late 70s

unlike today, when I grew up kids liked the current rock AND all the rock-n-roll that came in the generations before.
We listened to VH, Crue, Stones, Zep, Jimi, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee, Elvis, hippie music, punk rock AND INDEED THE FACES.

If it was true and sexy WE LISTENED AND WE LEARNED

anyone who has studied the special dynamic that some singers have with certian guitar players must have payed attention to the sound of Rods vox and Ronnie's guitar. (page and plant as well as Roth and eddie have the same type of special connection)

Pecman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Totally different audiences...
>
> Most Van Halen fans have no idea who the Faces
> are...
>
> As far as Zeppelin...they will never tour and ruin
> their reputation...everytime they got together it
> has been a disaster...that's all they have to do
> is expose a Zeppelin that is a shadow of what they
> once were to the younger generation and the mystic
> and the legend will be gone...for sure.
>
> PECMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-25 23:15 by RadioMarv.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: September 25, 2007 23:30

Radio Marv,

From my experiences, I really don't think so...though I wish the VH fans knew more about the faces...when VH was on top...most of their fans were into Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Rush etc...that was their competition when they were on top...they weren't competing for the Stones $, Rod Stewarts $,

PECMAN

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 25, 2007 23:39

While I am happy with my memories(some more clear than others...) of Faces concerts back in the 70's it would be great for us fans to see the Faces get back together and go out on the road. Having attended some Bump band gigs, Mac has intimated that Stewart is the major stumbling block for a reunion. Another factor is Ronnie Wood touring relentlessly with the Stones the past few years. Otherwise, if you want to see the Faces I believe the closest thing you can get is to see Mac and the Bump band as they do many heroic versions of Faces and Small Faces numbers. They also play small clubs and the price is right.

Date: September 26, 2007 00:02

The Faces died when Ronnie Lane Left the band. His death cemented this fact. Seems like Ian and Rod are at odds. I m sure Wood and Jones would do it. What the hell is Kenney Jones up to these days anyway?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 26, 2007 01:02

>> What the hell is Kenny Jones up to these days anyway? <<

he and his band played at the Art Wood Tribute show in march.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 26, 2007 01:32

The Faces continued for a year or 2 after Lane got sick and left, but it wasn't the same. What a great show they put on, including the on-stage bartender!

Date: September 26, 2007 07:08

I concur completely that the departure of Ronnie Lane changed the band. However, they could still rock it up with the best in those last few years. Make no mistake, it was Laney who was the soul of that group and could not be replaced. Mac says he would love to get the Faces up and running, but Stewart will have none of it. I don't really care as the albums still sound fantastic. It would be a good show though if they ever got it together....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 26, 2007 09:38

I think Woody is the only one who can make it happen. He could go to Rod (his buddy) and say, "hey look Rodrick, If I can take a few months off from my Stones duties, you can take a few months off of selling your soul to whomever will buy a record, including my grandfather, if he was still alive. You know you love to rock n Roll, we could do it, a month and a half in the states and a month and a half in Europe, come on Rod, look at the old videos, look how happy you looked. And if it's time to trade your wife in for a new 21 year old, take her on tour with us, I don't care that she will have no idea of who we are." Well every so often I go into this fantasy world. I have the Faces on my CD player and I would love to see them do a reunion. OK. I'll shut up now.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 27, 2007 00:15

All you want to know and more-

www.the-faces.com

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: September 27, 2007 03:54

from an e-mail

The Faces - 2008 Reunion Tour?
Not sure how this news slipped by, but I'm intrigued by this blog post written by Terry Staunton that I saw tonight at MOG:

The Faces will be playing live shows in the US and the UK next year, more than three decades since they parted company. Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones are currently putting together an itinerary, with an official announcment due in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, the group’s four studio albums (First Step, Long Player, A Nod Is As Good As A Wink… To A Blind Horse, and Ooh La La) are being reissued with previously unheard bonus tracks in October, each release featuring new liner notes written by my good self.

for the youngins
Background: The Faces formed in 1969 from the remaining members of The Small Faces after Steve Marriott left to form Humble Pie.Ron Wood (guitar) and Rod Stewart (vocals) (both from The Jeff Beck Group) joined former Small Faces members Ronnie Lane (bass), Ian McLagan (keyboards) and Kenney Jones, (drums) to complete the line-up. They performed through the early 1970s, before Stewart moved on to a solo career and Wood joined The Rolling Stones in 1975.

Date: September 27, 2007 07:14

Seeing is believing, but it would be cool if it happens.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: September 27, 2007 18:32

Didn't Kenny Jones played on tour with the Stones in the 80's anyone got a recent pic?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 27, 2007 18:49

tippy2toes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didn't Kenny Jones played on tour with the Stones
> in the 80's anyone got a recent pic?

Wasn't he part of Willie & the poor boys ?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 27, 2007 18:52

>> Didn't Kenney Jones played on tour with the Stones in the 80s <<

... are you thinking of Mac? on keyboards? don't recall Kenney ever sitting in on drums :E
i'm trying to find a recent photo ... in march he looked just like he always has.

ahh here we go - scroll down a ways, he's among our glamourous cohort Paul's fine shots: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-27 18:57 by with sssoul.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 27, 2007 19:07

This would be awesome! I really hope it happens!!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 28, 2007 11:21

Kenney Jones was a member of The Who after Keith Moon died. So in the late 70s early 80s Kenney was drumming with them and not The Stones.

I would love The Faces to reunite. Rod Stewart did a lot of things (musically) I would not feel too proud of if I were him (like stealing Miss You from the Stones to turn it into Da ya think I'm sexy?) but he does have one of the best voices in Rock n Roll, that's for sure.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: September 28, 2007 16:57

>Didn't Kenny Jones played on tour with the Stones in the 80's anyone got a recent pic?<

Yep, he replaced Charlie. Didn't he play the recent tour as well.......:-)

Posted by: McCartney ()
Date: September 28, 2007 17:13

I saw Ian McLagen in NYC on July 6th ('BB KINGS') and he said from the stage that Rod was on board and possibly by early next year they would hit the road. Of course he's been hoping for this for years. After years of that 'song book' crap by Rod, if he does this, all is forgiven.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2170
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home