Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Have you ever caught a pick from Keith or Ronnie...?
Date: September 14, 2007 21:54

As I am sure it is a dream for most Stones fans, along with myself, catching a pick from Keith or Ronnie is obviously a moment one would never forget. I am sure there are great stories out there. What song was it after? How did you react? You know, the good stuff. Or if anyone out there has caught a stick thrown by Charlie. That would be cool to. Any stories out there???

"She's got a mind of her own, yeah, and she use it mighty fine..."

Re: Have you ever caught a pick from Keith or Ronnie...?
Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: September 14, 2007 21:57

I have. From keith in munich, olympiahalle 2003. It was after the encore (satisfaction).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-14 22:00 by therollingmanu.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:04

January 23, 2006

A magical evening for two reasons...

I approach my section with ticket in hand. The person working there said that this section didn't exist and to go back in the lobby to get a new ticket. Here, I'm thinking, "Oh no..I hope i don't get further seats." The ticket was off the floor in the back, on the risers.

There were two guys at a table with a tickets in front of them. I told them what the lady told me, showed them my ticket. They took it and gave me another one. The guy looked at me..."you a big fan?" I nodded furiously and said "well yeah!" Took the ticket back and gave me another one:

Section 7 --on the floor...right against the B-stage.

I was shocked and couldn't thank him enough times. It was unreal. Right after Keith said his thankyous after his last song, i took a spot against the rail of the b-stage and within minutes here they came. It was a surreal moment...seeing them this close. I stood in front of where Darryl usually stands.

When the stage finally landed on the B, i began waiving Ronnie and Keith to come over to my side. Caught Ronnie's eye once. During Respectable, I waved my arms at Ronnie telling him to come over and here he comes!! I stick my hand out and he slaps a pick right in my hand! I wanted to swallow the pick--just so it wouldn't get lost!! I stuck it my pocket and checked to make it was there every 3 minutes for the rest of the night.... I got Darryl's attention a couple times and he flicked a pick at me--hit my cheek and it fell to the floor. Security were @#$%& because they just kicked it further under the stage.

I was on cloud 9 the entire week. I had to go back to school the next day (university 90 miles from chicago) and wore the prized ticket and pick in a lanyard i bought. So unbelievable. Now, I think back to that memory and I smile like a looney....

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:07

NO but I did get a Rory Gallagher pick at City Hall Cork (his home town).

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:09

Charlie's drumstick hit my friend in the face at the Isle of Wight - it bounced off and someone else grabbed it. He nearly lost an eye for nothing.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:10

yep, in Bucharest
AND Ronnie kissed it for me
best night of my life

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:11

I have caught two Keith picks in 2006--same show! (gave one to a friend), three Ronnie picks 2006 and 2007 (again gave one to a friend) and a Charlie drum stick. Plus a few of Darryl's. Guess I have been lucky and in the right spot at the right time. Would love to get one of Mick's but he does not seem to throw them out. Anyone caught one of Mick's picks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-14 22:11 by georgeV.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:12

CaledonianGonzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Charlie's drumstick hit my friend in the face at
> the Isle of Wight - it bounced off and someone
> else grabbed it. He nearly lost an eye for
> nothing.

Quite! I'm usually first in line to slag off our Health & Safety culture but I've never felt comfortable watching Charlie throw those sticks.

As to picks, came close at the O2 but the guy next to me got it.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:16

caught a pick from keith during the xpensive winos at the beacon...i was there 4 night in a row...row AA....he had to give me one so i would leave him alone....

the second was from Ronnie at the first of the three London gigs 8/21...at the O2.....so cool...hit me in the shoulder and i caught it before it hit the ground

Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:16

last show this tour, ran up to bstage,dancin, jumpin like a total maniac. picks flyin about, too far away. suddenly one comes right by from keith!! end of satisfaction. skermish skermish shit. then a tap on the shoulder and this guy cool as be damned just gives it to me! some gurl tried to grab it but he wasn't havin it. thought he was mad and waited for him to smirk and walk off, but no, damn i was so grateful, couldnt decide where was safest for it. when my bro got his mits on it he just rubbed it all over his greasy face. agk!!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:19

I have one of Ronnie's from the Bo Diddley tour thing. I was the lucky part of the crowd that was squashed up against the stage the whole night. I think he handed me one, or maybe one of the roadies did, I can't remember, isn't that awful! Someone handed it to me, of that I am sure!

Re: pick of the picks
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:22

caught a lot of things :E ... but where is the cat who threw a pick TO Keith
at a Barbarians show, right when Keith needed one? i love that story :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-15 12:47 by with sssoul.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:27

Rose petals thrown by Mick, Brussels 1973, today rose dust, there are still in the cheap pagan cup I created on that purpose.

Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:29

The Joker Wrote:
> Rose petals thrown by Mick, Brussels 1973, today
> rose dust, there are still in the cheap pagan cup
> I created on that purpose.

smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2007 22:31

Two from Keith, two from Ronnie, one from Mick. And one drum stick from... Charlie!

Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:34

I got Micks watercup during tumbling dice in Vancouver 94 my friend who was Stoned started drinking from it and I told him all the women he was sharing germs with...

Posted by: COUSINLOU ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:36

I caught a Ronnie pick from Keith at the Beacon II show. I was watching for it the whole time. He had the pick in completely in his closed mouth, played with it and then tossed it into the crowd.

Posted by: micklover ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:36

yeah !! i caught a pick from keith in Düsseldorf 13 august 2007 !!!!!!

they came back from the b-stage and i was standing the right side of keith 4th line and at the moment , i was standing on a chair...they came , keith looked at me and he throw a pick right to me and it fell , but i jumped off the chair and there it was... just right on my shoes !!!!!

i was so happy !! i still couldn't believe it happened ...

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:37

Joker!...you were at brussels '73...my hero....

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:42

Looking backwards, it is fair to say I was a lucky bastard.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2007 22:46

15 September 2003, Wembley Arena, London. At the end of the show I was watching Lisa Fisher, making her bye bye moves. There are some strange sounds in the row behind me. ... bump ... ouch ... where is it ....
I look to the right and see my Dear Lady Anne holding Charlies drumstick. It hit a guy in the row behind us on his head (poor fellow), bounced back and dropped right in front of Anne's feet. All she had to do was bow and pick it up. Oh man, I will never forget the look on her face. Neither will I ever forget how I quickly grabbed the drumstick, hid it in my pants as fast as I could and then stumbled out of the arena, because the stick was in a rather akward place, making it difficult for me to walk normally LOL. But how happy we were, and still are with that wonderfull souvenir.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: donvito27 ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:00

i cought one in Wienna 2006...it was during the Honky tonk and Ronny threw it right into my hand, it has just landed there. i was not aware what da hell was goin on, the people went crazy around me and then i looked into my hand ant there it was, Ronnys pick! then i went crazy and looked at Ronny and he showed me his tounge smiling smiley cause he saw that i cought it and i wasnt even trying smiling smiley then stored it my pocket and checking every 5 minutes if its still there! i was like in heaven and in hell at the same time, felt like im gonna explode!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:03

Only caught 1 Keef pick...that was in Amsterdam in 2002. However, that same tour at the Wiltern, Keef stuffed a pick in my hand twice. Even had nice words for me at the end of the gig as he was handing me the 2nd pick..."you're the one that keeps me going motherfuker...it's you".

6s & 7s & 9s

Posted by: donvito27 ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:18

thats a nice one i most say..smiling smiley lucky u

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:28

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:32

Meanwhile Keith gave me another one at the b-stage in London (second show).
"Keith Richards" on one side, classic tongue and "2007" on the other.

Posted by: mightymick ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:32

CaledonianGonzo Wrote:
> Charlie's drumstick hit my friend in the face at
> the Isle of Wight - it bounced off and someone
> else grabbed it. He nearly lost an eye for
> nothing.

Caught a pick from ronnie at nijmegen 2007, and in madrid my dad was looking everywhere but not towards charlie... the drumstick from charlie hits him on his hat and like 15 people where crowling on the floor looking for it... never saw it back...!

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:43

it sucks when the security guys steal picks,
or they give them to someone else..

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 14, 2007 23:55

Got hit on the head by Charlie's drum stick - does that count?

I could remember that many days after...

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 15, 2007 00:11

From various gigs, I have managed to catch guitar picks from Bono, The Edge, Neil Young and Chuck Leavell (of all people), though what the latter used his for is anyone's guess!

Elsewhere in the LOGIE collection is a white towel used by Neil Young to hit his guitar with (!) during Like A Hurricane at a gig in Birmingham with Crazy Horse in 2001.

In addition to the usual printed setlists from the likes of U2, REM and Steve Winwood etc., I have one from Roy Bittan of the e-Street Band, which he had written on in various coloured felt-tip pens.

Best of all however, is a harmonica of Roger Daltrey's, caught during the Who's performance in Sheffield, 2000. Forgetting that he still required it for the next number (Don't Know Myself), he actually asked for it back, before returning it at the end of the song. The ensuing dialogue between Roger, Pete and myself (in front of 12,000 people) was something to behold!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home