Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Shine A Light!
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: October 3, 2007 15:26

I posted this information on a fresh thread, but thought I would also post here. A "mystery movie" will be screened on Saturday in Santa Monica, Calif. along with Gimme Shelter. The running length is expected to be 120 minutes. Does that match the version of Shine a Light that was shown in New York recently?

This is from an email a friend received about the event:

Double Feature!

GIMME SHELTER, 1971, Janus Films, 91 min. Dir. Albert and David Maysles. The
celebrated film of The Rolling Stones' 1969 US tour that culminated in the cataclysm at Altamont. Conceived as a concert film it became a riveting document of the Stones' free concert at the Altamont Speedway in December 1969. The Dionysian downer that sneered at, and ultimately destroyed, the Apollonian highs of 1967's Monterey Festival and the 3-day love-fest held at Woodstock just 5 months prior to Altamont. But the Stones performance is
still satanically majestic...

Preceded by a Mystery Sneak Preview! (120 min.) - An amazing new film on rock 'n' roll! You'll be telling all your friends you saw it first! Discussion in following films with producer and longtime Stones associate Ron Shapiro.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home