Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Bill Wyman at Jazzhouse in Copenhagen
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: September 12, 2007 13:58

Went to see Wyman and his RK at Jazzhouse in Copenhagen. What a fab show. Really energetic and happy atmosphere. They were super. Nice jamming and great, great R&B music. Loved it. And Wyman played (as ever) really steady. As the piano player introduced "Melody" he said: "If you believe that this son is written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, you'll believe anything".

Re: OT: Bill Wyman at Jazzhouse in Copenhagen
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: September 12, 2007 15:13

was it written by Bill?

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: September 12, 2007 15:34

On my B&B record it said that the song was inspired by Billy Preston, so you might suspect him for actually writing it, but I have never put much thought into this subject, so I really don't know for sure.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 12, 2007 17:27

bet you anything if it was really not written by j/r the real song writers be in court.. and since it wasn't who really cares?
Now it be nice for bill to come the the usa...love to see him again!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: September 13, 2007 14:44

"inspired by" usually means "written by", doesn't it?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2007 15:16

It is a big difference in making riffs and sounds into nailing a final song and making it ready and recorded. Georgie Fame use to say "Melody" was written by Billy Preston during the Rhythm Kings shows, and some times he does also say it was not written by Keith Richards. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Bjornulf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home