Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Your personal ABB tour flashback: rate your shows (max. 10)
Posted by: Keef Rider ()
Date: September 9, 2007 19:42

Dont worry Nikki Bong, the scale is always "out of ten"; in my country 7/8 means almost 8 and 8/9 almost 9 ....

Hope now is clear ...

Posted by: keith_es355 ()
Date: September 9, 2007 19:50

Barcelona 2007: 7/10
San Sebastian 2007: 8.5/10
Lisboa 2007: 8/10
Madrid 2007: 9.5/10
El Ejido 2007: 8/10

Posted by: Anastasia ()
Date: September 9, 2007 20:38

Never being one to follow instructions....no rating from me, but I need to express my ABB experience.....

2005 - Nov 15 San Francisco 2 - Full Moon, folks whoo-whooing down Market St at 1 am in shirt sleeves. If it weren't for the woman next to me asking me to be quiet and not dance, it was a 10.

2006 - March 4 MGM Grand Vegas - great venue, a 3 day Stones convention.
2006 - Nov 6 OAKLAND. Say no more.
2006 - Nov 11 MGM Grand Vegas - Drool on Lisa seats, front row left of stage. Crying as Mick sang Streets of Love just hours after his father passed away. First time hooking up w/Shidoobees - a new chapter in the Stones experience...

2006 - Nov 25 Vancouver - after 2 hours stuck in Immigration cuz we were dorks and forgot our passports..hooking up w/ the Shidoobees at the bar before hand, and meeting some great folks...then 2 hours in the rain/sleet/snow waiting to get into BC Place....lousy sound but great set list, and finally realizing, as they played Start Me Up for the zillionth time - looking around and seeing the blissful smiles on other people's faces. It may not be your fave song, but it is somebody's! And the opening notes of YCAGWYW...that was my bliss!

2007 - June 13 Frankfurt - Debut of our IORR T-shirts and meeting BV, Turd on the Run and many other fine folks before the concert. Ticket fiasco w/ Fan Asylum. Lousy sound. Keith looking so bad...yet Mick gaining even more respect from me (didn't think that was possible) by carrying the band thru his harp playing and astounding energy. And the folks around us 10th row, many first timers, having the BEST times of their lives. As a local DJ once said, seeing a Stones concert 'rearranges your molecules'.

2007 - June 16 Paris - after getting bruises at the Sous Bock the night before (oh, the rowdy French fans)...WOW. Dynamite. Electric. Magnificent. The band looking relaxed, happy and in the groove. Awesome after Frankfurt. 10+

2007 - June 18 Lyon - I'm just too old and too short for the pelouse. I hear it was a great show, but where we were standing (right next to the B Stage), couldn't hear (could hear the people next to me signing over the band) and couldn't even see the video screens. The highlights (other than the 3 B stage songs w/ the entire band RIGHT THERE) were the look on Mick's face after Lisa was done w/ her part of "I'll Go Crazy" and Keith singing YGTS. Welcome back, Keith.

2007 - Aug 26 London 3 - Last minute tix, decide it's worth flying from Califonia to spend less than 48 hours in London....partying w/ the Stones Vikings at the St. Giles Sat nite; the great get together at the Pilot Inn...seeing BV again, my 3 new French amis, Sweet Virginia, JumpingKentFlash, the Plexiglas and his cool kid, and many other fine IORRers...and the show itself. The sound was the best I've heard in an arena - loud and clear. Great seats in rockin' block BK112. High energy set list - I was not disappointed in any way, shape or form. 10+

Thanks boys.

Date: September 13, 2007 01:09

the phoenix-superb
rio-cuz its rio and the crowd was kinda large
both river plate shows-different level
both hollywood bowls-superb sound and performance
montana-amazing and the whole town was into it
el paso-amazing + a bit of my favorite song el paso
bucharest-hot and gnarly
copenhagen-Keith Richards come back rockfest
slane-craziest white crowd of the tour
02 3-because it was special in many ways

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 13, 2007 02:35

Budapest 8.5
O2 II 9
O2 III 10

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 13, 2007 02:43

i thought the "10" in the thread title was the limit was for number of shows so i'll give you the 10 best of the 33 i saw, in no particular order because i can't always compare (judged on mixed ratings of setlist, performance, and personal reasons):

San Diego '05
Soldier Field '05
London I '07
Belgrade '07
Bucharest '07
Beacon I
RCMH
Atlanta '06
San Francisco '06
LA Forum '06

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home