Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Should the B Stage be the R N B stage
Posted by: sherer1 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 15:36

I remember when they first started the B Stage in 98 for the B2B Tour. In those days they went out there and they seemed to do more R n B numbers, Route 66, Carole and a whole host of other oldies.

They used to do some real rarities and older songs on there and it was great, i had Manish Boyon there once and it really rocked.

Now it seems they are just doing warhorses on the B Stage, HTW, Satisfaction etc I wonder if the B Stage has had it's day.

With all the moaning about the set lists I think they can solve this by going back to their roots on the B Stage like they used to do when they first started using it.

They could even head over there earlier and if it worked stay there for 5-8 songs and if it didn't work head back after 3.

Re: Should the B Stage be the R N B stage
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 29, 2007 15:42

Well, to me Route 66 and Carol are R&R songs, not R n B, but that's a detail

Considering the price of the tickets, they play a few warhorses in front on the people who could not afford/get tickets closer to the main stage

I do not care about where they play which song, but I think that everyone sees them well on the main stage, but that many people have a less interesting view while they are on the B stage. The B stage should be set about 40/50 cm higher while the band is performing on it.
It would make the whole thing more enjoyable

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 29, 2007 15:43

Personally, I think they should can it.

Great idea at first, but the novelty wears off when its used exclusively for 4 warhorses. A waste. If youre at the back of the hall and the Stones come out on a b- stage they really shouldnt feel the need to play something as obvious as 'satisfaction' to get a crowd worked up. They could play 'Baa Baa Black sheep' and it would have a similar effect.

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:11

I vote for more R n B. It's the Stones core!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:16

Agree, the B-stage should be like they're on a little club stage. They should do r and b numbers with a blues song thrown in, maybe an acoustic. Yeah, I remember on the NO SECURITY tour it was used for songs like ROUTE 66 and LITTLE QUEENIE I believe. There was a definite change, wasn't for warhorses back then.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:19

the rape of the b-stage that began in '02 turned became a rape and pillage offense on the ABB tour. disgusting.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:21

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the rape of the b-stage that began in '02 turned
> became a rape and pillage offense on the ABB tour.
> disgusting.

but remember in 97 when it was used for IORR and LARS?

I like theyre cover of LARS btw, but thats one that people seem to get sick of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-30 02:21 by ryanpow.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:35

ryanpow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> StonesTod Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the rape of the b-stage that began in '02
> turned
> > became a rape and pillage offense on the ABB
> tour.
> > disgusting.
>
>
> but remember in 97 when it was used for IORR and
> LARS?
>
> I like theyre cover of LARS btw, but thats one
> that people seem to get sick of.

yeah, but those were relatively minor offenses (IORR only replaced LQ a few times)....the obsessively criminal activity didn't begin in earnest until licks....

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: August 30, 2007 03:10

On Licks they did at least When The Whip Comes Down, Mannish Boy, Beast Of Burden and Let It Bleed on it, the versions of Brown Sugar at the arena shows are the best I've heard since 1973.
It's surely boring and meaningless to play the warhorses there in order to shorten the setlist or play it safe.
On the ABB tour one could be glad to get one of the few Get Off Of My Clouds !

Posted by: nikki bong ()
Date: August 30, 2007 03:12

the b stage reached its nadir with Satisfaction - a song they shouldn't play at all, let alone the b stage

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 30, 2007 08:29

The B Stage
could be B for
The Balcony Stage...

which would be a stage
on tracks
that are mounted to
circumnavigate the arena's balcony.

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: August 30, 2007 13:42

i remember when we first had it on the B2B tour and it was such a welcome change and seemed to be more back to their roots. I'm sure Brian would have loved some of the stuff they played on there.

Just using it for warhorses seems a shame now.

i remember when they used to go out there and you got that tingle of what are they gonna play this time and you new it would be something different and some nights they were really on it out there.

Now it's just a few warhorsed and used so the cheap seats get a good view for a bit.

i think either user it to play something different or drop it altogether

Posted by: Cat ()
Date: August 30, 2007 14:01

I'm with Gazza on this
The b-stage should've had more of an "unplugged" feel, reserved for rareties.

How about something new, like a (round) revolving stage in the middle ...
Keith would have an excuse for falling and Mick could run marathons in circles ;-)

Or, still easier, go back to the roots and do clubs and small venues only, small stage, no need for gadgets, less expensive, "stripped" so to speak (as in unplugged)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home