Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

An IORR in London...
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 28, 2007 16:46

Just a big Thank You to all from IORR who made this week pretty memorable, insane, sleepless, vivid and expensive! Who knew that my hotel was across the street from the Secret Stones Lair (Covent Garden Travelodge? Very posh!). Needless to say, I kept running into the lot of you from about the moment I landed until everyone departed. London is pretty quiet without you all... no pictures from me since I can't load them while away from home, but have enjoyed the ones posted.

Specifically: BV, thanks for a great site - the info here, and the people I met, made this week unforgetable. Saw you at the Pilot but you were pretty busy so didn't get a chance to introduce myself. Much gratitude!

Rockman, thanks for all your great info, pleasure to finally meet the second coolest man in person! Hope you enjoyed the week, survived the aftershock and trip back down. Keep the music flowing, babe!

Beast - thanks again for the info, was great to meet you. Love your city!

Tralala - was great to chat with you, seemed to keep running into you! Thanks for your great info, hope you enjoyed the party Friday, was a pleasure!

Mr Jimmie - happy birthday yet again, and thanks for the concert. How you could see to play like that at 3 am...

Mike from Canada - and your delightful friend, K - great to meet you both and thanks again for your help Thursday.

Little Queenie - glad you changed your mind and made the trip. Cheyne Walk was fun, and thanks - I found the Warhol gallery by accident this morning, that one was a great tip! Great old shot of Mick near the entry, hope you saw it too! Glad you enjoyed the shows!

rlngstns - sorry I didn't see you after the Vortex, hope the week was great for you and L, please let her know I'd love to hear from her when we both get home.

3DTeafoe - great exhibit, thanks for the show and it was great to meet you again. Your Stones pics are really interesting. Will be in touch.

Angee - Glad you had such a great time!

InOpenG - what are the chances? Nice to chat with you, hope you make it to the Brasserie before you leave.

IrelandCalling4 - thanks for the second language lessons and the very interesting perspective on the 7 Wonders... and for the info on boots and tapes. Will definitely follow up...

Paulywaul, Kahoosier, Eric Snow, Gazza, Monkeyman7 and the rest, great to meet you all, and thanks for a great party!

So... how was the roller coaster for you?

Cheers,

STG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-29 20:52 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Re: An IORR in London...
Posted by: ROLLING STONED ()
Date: August 29, 2007 00:31

Hope you had a safe trip back to the city of 2 hard rock cafes and Q108FM! Sorry we didn't run into each other in london!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 29, 2007 00:37

Is this a farewell SomeTorontoGirl ?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 29, 2007 01:34

Hey STG, was great to meet you. And, wasn't the piano session at the savoy more like 4am...? Heehee... What a great night.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, and a safe journey home.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 02:01

Will Some Toronto Girl be hosting a similar party if the Stones make it back to Toronto in the Spring?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 29, 2007 06:03

Nice reports Toronto. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 11:46

You are most welcome SomeTorontoCailin (if you remember, 'Cailin' is Irish for 'Girl')

Irish is indeed a whole other language^

7 wonders of the World -- with the stones' being the 'Uimhear a h-aon'(Number 1), yes, they are even more wonderous than the hanging Gardens, even more splendiforous than the Grand Canyon^!

Have a safe trip home

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 29, 2007 16:35

Thanks, STG - great to meet you, too! Look forward to seeing you on the next tour :-)

Date: August 29, 2007 20:41

Naw, it's not Farewell. More like Does Anyone Know How These European Keyboards Are Organized??? Took me a few minutes to find @ so am typing it a lot. @@@@@@@

Yeah, I'll be glad to return the hospitality when there's occasion in Toronto. Maybe if there's no Stones tour for a bit, we can round up Mr Jimmy and the Replacements for an inaugural tour, but would likely require a special liquor licence. And yes, it WAS more like 4 am but I hate to think about it...

Must admit I misunderstood the Seven Wonders - didn't realize The Boys had vaulted to first place. Learn something new every day. Like European keyboards. And have developed strong opinions about cobblestones and tiny circular stone staircases... Beware St Paul's Cathedral and the 400+ steps...

But it was a start-to-finish blast, everybody! We'll find somewhere to do it again! Slainte!

STG

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 29, 2007 20:51

Nice to meet you, STG. Til the next time.....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 29, 2007 21:19

Hey STG. I slightly remember we met eachother saturday evening at the Savoy. I was just a little bit drunk, but I think it was the evening with Blue Lena, Rockman, Eric Snow and several others. Please freshen up my memory, because I think we had a good time LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 29, 2007 22:00

Yes we met at Savoy, Hansie - funny I didn't think I knew you,
Nice meeting you too SomeTorontoGirl

Date: August 29, 2007 22:13

Thank you Erik for refreshing my memory. Now I know it wasn't a dream :-) It was really nice meeting you

-------------------

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: August 30, 2007 00:55

nice meeting you at the vortex STG...l and i both look forward to meeting you again soon....the rest of the week was AWESOME....nothing like seeing your favorite band 3 times in one week....till then

Date: August 31, 2007 10:43

Thanks, guys. There were a lot of people in a few days so, sorry Rolling Hansie, don't remember you by the handle, and if anyone's wondering, "I think we had a good time" is a collective comment, right? I'd have remembered you for sure otherwise... but it was a pretty well-behaved bunch, considering all the rock 'n roll and overpriced drinks...

Jimmy - are you warming up a band in case your services are required? And what's your position on a set list? Wouldn't it be a laugh to watch the whiners take a shot at ya! Have to smack 'em with a wet sock!

Cheers, y'all!

STG

Date: August 31, 2007 20:55

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sorry Rolling Hansie, don't remember you
> by the handle,
LOL STG, I am still not sure, but I think you were the girl who introduced herself to my wife Anne, saying that was your name too. It was on saturday evening at the Savoy American bar.

-------------------

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 31, 2007 21:58

great to meet you too STG! glad you made it to the warhol vs. banksy exhibit - and i DID miss the jagger one! ugh! as they say, you get what you need.

Date: September 1, 2007 12:33

Gotcha Hansie! Dutch? Aren't you glad I clarified the relationship before your bride of many years (27 together?) read that!!!

Queenie, it was a great old photo of Mick. The only museum I saw where nothing was for sale (original or copy) and the only one I wanted to buy stuff! As you say... you get what you need!

STG

Date: September 1, 2007 13:52

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
> Gotcha Hansie! Dutch?

Yep, that's me. Very happy that my memory is all back again LOL

> Aren't you glad I clarified the relationship before your bride of many years
> (27 together?) read that!!!

LMAO, this brings me back to zero. How do you know that Anne and I have been together for 27 years ? Actually now my memory is telling me that you alredy knew my wife's name when you started talking to us at the bar. Seemed quite normal to me at the time, since I was in a very "happy" mood. Now I wonder, how did you know ? We didn't meet before ... or did we ?

-------------------

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 1, 2007 16:55

'ello dare SomeTorontoGal...Yep!! was nice to meet up with ya
but reckon ya should keep an eye on the drinkin'..Every bar went to
you were there tooooo......And hell ya keep weird kinda fings in ya hand bag dont ya!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: September 1, 2007 22:45

Oh, the imaginations run wild with you fellows after you put away a few jars! Hansie - your bride and I chatted after we were introduced, someone mentioned how long you'd been together and ... well I was relatively sober and remembered it! And Rock... um... if you're referring to the handcuffs, well, first they were pretty small; second. they are official RCMP issue as befits Her Majesty's rep at this little party and, third, they were to fasten my jacket! If you remember anything else from my purse, I will deny it! Glad you got back safe and unsound - how's rehab?

Date: September 2, 2007 11:31

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
> Hansie - your bride and I chatted after we were introduced, someone
> mentioned how long you'd been together and ... well I was relatively sober and > remembered it!

Thank you STG. Another mistery solved. Now I can put my mind at ease again :-)

-------------------

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: September 2, 2007 15:01

Lovely to see you again Ann. Thanks for coming to the exhibit and leaving with one of my pictures! (That pic you took of Keith lighting up is the bomb.)
Looking forward to hearing from you again. I hope your travels were wonderful.
xoxo.
D

Date: September 25, 2007 05:53

...and here's the pic in question. Do we need any better reason to love this guy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 06:06 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 25, 2007 06:12

Hey STG. Are you back in the great white north yet? Or still traveling the world.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 25, 2007 06:19

Back home, SCL, and still in shock. Apparently, I have... (gasp!)... a job! It was nice while it lasted, but reality is intruding. Need new tour announcement soon! Or at least a decent tic to see Neil Young at Massey Hall - missed the sale by 2 days... Grrrr...

Date: September 25, 2007 06:19

Duplicate. D'oh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-25 06:22 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 25, 2007 06:27

STG, WB!!
Re-entry can be hell, eh? Sounds like the trip of a lifetime!
Wish I had time to find that Warhol museum--ah well, 3DTeafoe's
exhibit was sooo good, huh.

Hope to see you when the boys come back to Capistrano...er,
N. America...

Date: September 25, 2007 06:46

Toronto, New York, Chicago... any of those would suit me just fine, Boys! But if it's Toronto, I will have to do some pretty fancy planning to come up with something to rival London. We don't have the Covent Garden Travelodge here, but I'm pretty sure wherever we'd end up, the drinks would be a lot less expensive... Hell - maybe Cohl will just invite us over to the house...!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 25, 2007 07:47

toronto

was checking out your list of people in your first post on this thread -- how the hell can you remember that many people, and how did you have time to meet them all??!!

spose i tended to stay more in one spot or a couple of spots at the Pilot, didnt move around so much, plus I had my 13 year old daughter with me.

well, maybe next time we'll meet AND you can teach me some of your tricks (for meeting the multitudes!).

Plexiglass

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home