Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS.com membership
Posted by: Mick Jagger ()
Date: August 28, 2007 10:08

Here we go again: What do you think? If they´re going to play clubs or smaller arena shows to promote "Shine a light", does the RS.com-membership make sense to get tix?

Re: RS.com membership
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: August 28, 2007 10:10

Yes, but it sucks that they are recurring memberships!

Date: August 28, 2007 10:20

Mick Jagger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here we go again: What do you think? If they´re
> going to play clubs or smaller arena shows to
> promote "Shine a light", does the
> RS.com-membership make sense to get tix?

I think it "would" be worth it IF a rs.com membership allowed/gauranteed you tickets to a club or theater show however they don't of late.
I've got better seats/deals via being patient with public ticket sales than the rs.com presale.
A rs.com membership will gaurantee you a presale opportunity however it doesn't always gaurantee you the "best seats in the house".

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 28, 2007 19:18

NumberOneStonesFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mick Jagger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here we go again: What do you think? If they´re
> > going to play clubs or smaller arena shows to
> > promote "Shine a light", does the
> > RS.com-membership make sense to get tix?
>
> I think it "would" be worth it IF a rs.com
> membership allowed/gauranteed you tickets to a
> club or theater show however they don't of late.
>
> I've got better seats/deals via being patient with
> public ticket sales than the rs.com presale.
> A rs.com membership will gaurantee you a presale
> opportunity however it doesn't always gaurantee
> you the "best seats in the house".

If, as I have, you have a good few "memberships" that will come up for renewal in the spring of next year, I suggest you think long and hard about whether to bother paying the $100 to renew each one. After having got SHITE seats in the presales for the O2 shows using LEGACY codes, only to then upgrade to BETTER seats obtained (would you believe) in the public sales, I have now become totally convinced that there is no credible reason for pursuing tickets through the presales. This is a CON of the first order, it does give you access EARLIER in time to a random selection of seats at different prices scattered in different locations througout the venue(s) - but the seats themselves are unquestionably NOT better in terms of their location. and for RS.COM to suggest that they ARE better in terms of location is a blatant misdescription. It simply isn't true. The pursuit and acquisition of the "best seats in the house" is absolutely NOT something you can accomplish through RS.COM, you can get hold of better seats either (a) through the subsequent public sale and/or (b) paying very close attention to the "ticket release" methodology employed by the ticket agency/agencies - which is more commonly than not as follows: that among the most desirable seats are pre-allocated to various "connected" parties - and unused allocations are released in dribs and drabs over a long period of time - but most typically late in the day - within days or a couple of weeks of the date of the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-28 19:19 by paulywaul.

Date: August 28, 2007 19:24

Touche paulywaul!
Right on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home