Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Princess Diana
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:14

I was watching a movie the other night entitled the Murder of Diana, and I was wondering what any of you across the pond think of her death? Does anyone believe that it was not an accident?? I have always wondered how there could be no CCTV footage - that alone I find very bizarre.

Re: OT - Princess Diana
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:25

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was watching a movie the other night entitled
> the Murder of Diana, and I was wondering what any
> of you across the pond think of her death? Does
> anyone believe that it was not an accident??

No. A car was driven fast and ran into something. Four people were in the car. One wore a seatbelt and lived, three didnt and died.

More conspiracy nonsense because ordinary people over-obsessed with celebrity cant accept that extraordinary/famous people can die in ordinary ways,

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:48

Drunk driver hauling ass - a recipe for death.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:54

I always admired Princess Di. Not mention harboring a not so secret crush on her. But their was no conspiracy. A combination of factors led to this tragedy. Starting with the scum paparazzi.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:57

I was in a Paris hotel about a 10 minute walk from where she had the accident (the tunnel under Place de l'Alma - right next to the river Seine) went down there as soon as we heard about it in the morning. First of all the pillars in the tunnel had no guard rail running low to keep people from smacking into one of them. Second, there's a weird bump right before the road goes down and slightly curves into the tunnel were, if the car was going as fast as they say could have EASILY almost lost contact with the ground and would have lost most of the steering control at such a crucial momement. Once that happens forget getting back on track cause the pillars are right there.... So, a drunk driver, A new Boy Friend screaming to get rid of the paparazzi (sp?), car going way too fast, a Princess without her seat belt on and.... a bit of bad luck.... it wasn't any kind of murder, just all these careless elements coming together at the same time....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 28, 2007 04:07

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
> I was watching a movie the other night entitled
> the Murder of Diana, and I was wondering what any
> of you across the pond think of her death?

And what side of the pond are you on?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 28, 2007 04:09

Koen Wrote:
> And what side of the pond are you on?

I believe he's on the right side.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 28, 2007 04:14

> Koen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And what side of the pond are you on?
>
I think it's the side where they scream at you if you feed the ducks.....

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 28, 2007 04:59

Actually it's the left side of the pond, the US

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 28, 2007 09:04

No conspiracy. Accident. The End.

That said, Diana was the only member of the Royal Family I had any time for. She actually used her position to do some good, unlike the rest of those stuffed morons.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 29, 2007 00:54

I think she was snuffed out by governments over land mines.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 29, 2007 01:23

I am not totally sold on conspiracy theories but I could be easily persuaded, knowing that The Queen and royals hated her, and the rumor that she was about to become engaged to an Arab. The other rumor was that she was pregnant by Dodi, and it was supposedly proved false by the autopsy but who knows? That could be untrue! It would have been quite easy for papparazzi to be hired to drive her car off the road any chance they got. So many possibilities if the intent was there but that's the catch; how do you prove intent? It certainly was easier for the Royals, in some ways, with her out of their hair. She spoke of them in a truthful way, I believe, revealing how screwed up they really are! Charles and Camilla, another piece in the puzle. With Diana out of the way it was easier for him to marry her. I recently saw one of her last interviews and the things that she endured at the hands of those creepy royals....hard to imagine! They should be ashamed of themselves. They set her up to marry Charles, the DOLT, knowing he was seeing Camilla for ages! Talk about being duped! They needed heirs, Diana was basicly breed, like a horse! End of story.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 29, 2007 02:00

mickschix Wrote:
> I am not totally sold on conspiracy theories but I
> could be easily persuaded, knowing that The Queen
> and royals hated her,

you "know" this? How?

and the rumor that she was
> about to become engaged to an Arab.

Right. So the Queen is going to have the mother of her own grandchildren bumped off due to some previously unheard of hatred for Arabs...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 29, 2007 03:15

These conspiracy theories often pop up when someone that is larger than life dies. People just don't want to accept the obvious. When Bruce Lee died of a brain hemorage there were crazy rumors about him being murdered by a rival master or by the Chinese mob.

Out of all these crazy conspiracy theories about celebrity deaths, I would be surprised if one of them ever turns out to be true.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2007 13:54

The Queen of England isn't exactly dumb now is she? It would take an UNBELIEVABLY dumb individual to have Diana killed, while being in the Queen's position. I can't grasp how some people can even contemplate Diana's death as being anything more than an accident. Of course those paparazzis should get slapped in the face with pastry for all eternity (As is the case with ALL paparazzis). They kind of ignited that Henri Paul (The driver of the car) drove faster and thus ending up in a pillar. But it was an accident nonetheless. It wasn't some big scheme to get rid of her.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 29, 2007 14:12

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> I can't grasp how some people can even
> contemplate Diana's death as being anything more
> than an accident.

I definitely agree with that statement, but keep in mind that some people actually think that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards had something to do with the untimely death of Brian Jones. Now THAT is unbeliveable.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 29, 2007 14:24

The Stones Wrote:
> JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I can't grasp how some people can even
> > contemplate Diana's death as being anything
> more
> > than an accident.
>
> I definitely agree with that statement, but keep
> in mind that some people actually think that Mick
> Jagger and Keith Richards had something to do with
> the untimely death of Brian Jones. Now THAT is
> unbeliveable.

It's crazy. I agree.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 29, 2007 14:29

Is there any place for this nonscence on here?

Terrible accident, thats all.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 29, 2007 16:46

a terrible accident, compounded by the thrusting of the ever eager pig face of elton john sucking up all the air & atmosphere out of every melodramatic diana thing he can stick his face into, if there's a camera around.

i'm not a fan of royalty. charles looks like a dna experiement gone terrible astray; too many generations of in breeding i guess...his brats even less interesting. diana did have cool racoon eye makeup on at the wedding tho...
very joan jett of a certain period...well, alright. i guess she was a good soul...nope in merica, i think you only find the bottom feeders reading about anybody's 'princess'...we have britney, now that's royalty.

Date: August 29, 2007 16:47

God bless america eh!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 29, 2007 16:50

Beelyboy Wrote:
...we have
britney, now that's royalty.

Paris Hilton, surely?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 29, 2007 16:51

ablett my brother wrote 'god bless america, eh?'

you betcha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-29 16:52 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: keithfan64 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 17:30

Yes, Voodoo Lounge 13, I agree - something very strange happened that night. People who dismiss "conspiracy theories" so easily watch a lot of tv and are told you're nuts if you question anything the media tells you. Diana paid a heavy price for trying to be free. There are too many unanswered questions and too many reasons certain people wanted her out of the way. God rest her soul and Dodi and Paul too. These are ruthless times, but Diana's memory will live forever. All those flowers told a story.

Date: August 29, 2007 17:35

keithfan64 Wrote:
All those
> flowers told a story.

yes, the florists in Kensington made a fortune.

I went to take a look at them, 3-4 days after the funeral.

A carpet of flowers as far as the eye could see, wilting and rotting,
the thousands and thousands of clear cellophane wrappers,
glinting in the late summer sunshine.

I'll never forget that unique smell.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 29, 2007 18:16

Gazza, are you saying you think the Queen loved Diana? I know you've read the same things that I have over the last ten years, no doubt seen the interviews; I get really angry when some folks like to spin the story in favor of the Queen because obviously it was no secret to the " MUM" that her son was having an affair with Camilla and that IS common knowledge. How can certain things be defended, turned a deaf ear to? That was OK? For Diana to have been sacrificed in such a sleazy waY? So, it is unimaginable that the Royals would want Diana to " disappear"? Not unimaginable at all from where I sit. Now, proving it at this point is of course impossible, especially after ten years. Gazza, don't think for a second that the Queen loved the idea of Diana, the MOTHER TO HER GRANDKIDS, possibly marrying or producing children with one Dodi and weakening the monarchy! This is not a new theory, not one I made up all on my own; I do not say it happened, I do say it is possibly. I dont KNOW anymore than you know,maybe I just happen to be suspicious!

Date: August 29, 2007 18:22

" i never knew the chick"...

Date: August 29, 2007 18:22

I'm with Gaz. Cut this crap. No conspiracy. The driver was over the limit by some degree and entered the tunnel at over 100mph not taking into account the dip in the road just before you entering the tunnel.

If the Royals thought for one minute that Diana was an embarrassment that required dealing with then god help Fergie or Prince Edward!

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 29, 2007 18:51

The butler did it.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 29, 2007 19:14

Gazza wrote: "No. A car was driven fast and ran into something. Four people were in the car. One wore a seatbelt and lived, three didnt and died.

More conspiracy nonsense because ordinary people over-obsessed with celebrity cant accept that extraordinary/famous people can die in ordinary ways,"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hey mickschix...there's lots of middle ground between love & hate...
......and assassination is a long way from hatred.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: August 29, 2007 19:23

To paraphrase a hero of mine, did not know the chick, and do not care. Sorry ;-)

Anyways - it seems to me that even as OTs go...this is very OT?? ;-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home