Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: the way the rolling stones end.
Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: August 26, 2007 08:13

IF it ever ends...it will be on the final frontier....outer space.

The Stones will do a concert on the moon or on Mars...(pay TV, of course.)

It's the only frontier they haven't conquered.

Posted by: Jesus Murphy ()
Date: September 9, 2007 11:17

...Realistically, it'll be whenever Mick, Keith or Charlie kicks it, of course (Sorry, Ronnie, but ten to one Keith would bring in Waddy Wachtel or someone like that to replace him) because a) they're too f---ing stubborn to pack it in and b) WE WON'T LET THEM! I mean, as long as there's an audience, they'll keep doing it. What the hell else can they do?

I've been saying for years that the most fitting "Last Stones album" would be a total, full on BLUES/R&B album, either covers or blues-based originals. And then a modest club tour to back it up. I believe that it what is known as GESTALT (remember the Crawdaddy Club?), and the most appropriate ending for them. Unfortunately, though, I think one of them will pass first (hate to say it, but my money would be on Charlie) and that'll be it. And damned straight I'll be shedding my first real tears since 1993 when it happens.

After all, as Neil Young said, "It's better to burn out than fade away." I bet he had the Stones in mind when he wrote that one...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 9, 2007 12:28

After all, as Neil Young said, "It's better to burn out than fade away." I bet he had the Stones in mind when he wrote that one...

Pretty sure that Neil said he was aimin' that one at the Sex Pistols...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: September 9, 2007 13:29

It will end when one of them dies. Sorry, but at this point, they ain't replacing Ronnie. When everyone is still alive, there will always be a chance at a show. Keith I think will go on until he literally dies. I could see him playing in a bar just for the pure enjoyment of it. And I really do think he'll still get the pure enjoyment out of it. These will be the shows to see.

If Charlie dies, forget it. They would stage one tribute show and that's it.

If Mick goes, well it's Mick. I doubt Charlie, Ronnie, and Keith would go along.I could see Keith and Ronnie resurecting the New Barbarians. Charlie would do his jazz ensemble.

If Keith goes, well it becomes a Jagger solo tour. I can't see Ronnie or Charlie doing anything as a band without Keith, They'll do there own stuff but nothing more as "The Stones." I think even Jagger would say that. However, he may pull one more tour as a tribute to Keith. I doubt it though. Jagger knows the perceptions. To the fans, without Keith/Mick, no s\tones. Sadly there are those out there who contend Ronnie could be replaced or Charlie could be replaced. First off the obvious, Charlie can't be replaced. Done. At this point, Ronnie can't be replaced either. In the public, he's a recognizable member of the band.

Bottom line, when one of them passes it will be no more. Until then, enjoy every show cause after these boys are done, there are very few bands who can fill a stadium and none that can put o the show they do.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 9, 2007 13:53

wee bobby lennox wrote:

4. keep going but in a much reduced workload, smaller tours and a couple of albums then dissapearing off the radar.

That's the option I would prefer.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2007 17:02

jomo297 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It will end when one of them dies. Sorry, but at
> this point, they ain't replacing Ronnie. When
> everyone is still alive, there will always be a
> chance at a show.

I agree. Either until one of them dies or has a physical disability making performing unfeasible.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 9, 2007 18:43

The end of the Stones will be when one of them croaks it. Even if they never toured again prior to that.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 9, 2007 18:56

jomo297 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It will end when one of them dies. Sorry, but at
> this point, they ain't replacing Ronnie. When
> everyone is still alive, there will always be a
> chance at a show. Keith I think will go on until
> he literally dies. I could see him playing in a
> bar just for the pure enjoyment of it. And I
> really do think he'll still get the pure enjoyment
> out of it. These will be the shows to see.
>
> If Charlie dies, forget it. They would stage one
> tribute show and that's it.
>
> If Mick goes, well it's Mick. I doubt Charlie,
> Ronnie, and Keith would go along.I could see Keith
> and Ronnie resurecting the New Barbarians.
> Charlie would do his jazz ensemble.
>
> If Keith goes, well it becomes a Jagger solo tour.
> I can't see Ronnie or Charlie doing anything as a
> band without Keith, They'll do there own stuff but
> nothing more as "The Stones." I think even Jagger
> would say that. However, he may pull one more
> tour as a tribute to Keith. I doubt it though.
> Jagger knows the perceptions. To the fans,
> without Keith/Mick, no s\tones. Sadly there are
> those out there who contend Ronnie could be
> replaced or Charlie could be replaced. First off
> the obvious, Charlie can't be replaced. Done. At
> this point, Ronnie can't be replaced either. In
> the public, he's a recognizable member of the
> band.
>
> Bottom line, when one of them passes it will be no
> more. Until then, enjoy every show cause after
> these boys are done, there are very few bands who
> can fill a stadium and none that can put o the
> show they do.

<<< Until then, enjoy every show cause after these boys are done, there are very few bands who can fill a stadium and none that can put on the show they do >>>

Amen ... I'm trying, I'm trying ! 25 shows on the ABB tour alone. Only wish I'd made more of an effort to see a greater number of shows on previous tours ! I remember seeing some documentary about them and Geldof was saying that not only have they written the book on rock n' roll, but when they go they'll effectively close it. Ladies and gentlemen, THAT was rock n' roll !! I'd have to agree with him.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home