Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith with Uschi
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 23, 2007 00:56

Don't know whether this was posted before. Yesterday I watched German movie "The wild life" on Dvd.

It's about German model Uschi Obermaiers "High"life. One of her 2 books had been picturized lately.

She was a beautifully looking girl and well known at least in Germany. In the 60/ 70's she first lived in a left-wing commune in Berlin. Than was modeling and had many contacts to the Rockscene.
Had contact with both Mick and Keith. there were some real nice stories like when both visited her in Munich in the same night.
Than she and her man rode around the world in a big hippybus.`

If you have (like me) a kind of weak spot for those times , the movie is nice to look.

Her first meeting and various adventures with the Stones are shown as well and partly it is quite interesting and amusing.
Especially the actor playin Keith does a good job! Uschi with Keith on 75 US tour! In hotelrooms doing sex drugs and rocknroll . .
Sometimes you think it's really Keith! Those drugscenes are really good.

Later they meet again in Cabo san luca/Mexico, etc.

Well, nothing sensationally but if you like Keith and particularly the 70's it's nice to watch.

Re: Keith with Uschi
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: August 23, 2007 01:08

I think Mick was also in the movie.

Date: August 23, 2007 01:24

Yes, of course but it is hard to play Mick offstage!

But the Keith parts are very good indeed!
Like doing powders in the limo with cops riding around them.

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: August 23, 2007 10:05

By the way - the actress who plays Uschi is cute!

Date: August 24, 2007 09:52

I have seen it on DVD yesterday as well. In cinemas the film was a flop, but me personally I recommend it at least for every fan of the hippie aera and all stones-fans. Natalia Avelon playing Uschi is unbelievable; if you compare pictures of hers with Uschis in the sixties, they sure could be twins. IMO just Natalia is worth to see this film. I simply liked and enjoyed this film, relaxing with a cold Gaffel-Kölsch (German/Cologne Beer).

P.S. Ah, nearly forgot: Keith and Mick parts played: Mick 5/10 - Keith 8/10 stars for the actors from me

Date: August 24, 2007 15:40

And isn't this the first time (apart from small Stoned scene)that the Stones/mainly Keith have been played in their privaty in a film ?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home