Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great T shirt, ridiculous news article
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 14, 2007 13:55

Re: Great T shirt, ridiculous news article
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 14, 2007 13:59

LOL. We go to war to get more freedom, but a t-shirt with an offensive text is a definite no no.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 14, 2007 14:03

Did not that t-shirt look good on Keith Richards - and him only? But what worries me here is that freedom of speach and freedom of expression seems to be under preassure in the UK. Fining people for a four letter word, that sounds un-democratic in my ears. Something one would only expect in countries like China, North Korea and Iran.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 14, 2007 14:47

A few years ago, it was popular in my area to have a "Shit Happens" bumper sticker on your car.

One of the communities here started ticketing those people. Another community now has an ordinance against those hip-hop kids that wear their pants way down below their ass.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 14, 2007 15:00

In the late 70'S in Britain,there were a couple of good t-shirts that they would probably ban now.
one read
If it ain't Stiff it ain't worth a F#ck, produced needless to say by Stiff Records.
Another T- shirt read ,on the front
Frankie who,
and on the back
Frankie F#CKING Miller that's who.
Ironically the correct spelling is not allowed on IORR

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 14, 2007 15:05

The whole point behind that 'Mick Jagger' t shirt will be lost on most people reading that story because the irony only really works when (as in the original), it's Keith wearing it

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 14, 2007 15:11

I like those Big Dogs T- shirts that you get in the States,they uaually get round things by misspelling the odd word.
I have one that says SITH HAPPENS, for example,great shirts to wear for work and pretty hardwearing too cheap to buy when in America.
I did buy some from Britain once 6 shirts cost me $100 plus $55 shipping not bad I thought,untill they arrived in the UK and cost me another £42 ($82) duty.
If any body knows how to get clothes from USA without paying duty the information would be most welcome

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 14, 2007 15:17

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole point behind that 'Mick Jagger' t shirt
> will be lost on most people reading that story
> because the irony only really works when (as in
> the original), it's Keith wearing it

Although it was fun to see one of the Fratellis wearing a who-the-f*ck T-shirt on the Isle of Wight stage that the Stones would be occupying two hours later.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: August 14, 2007 19:13

adotulipson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the late 70'S in Britain,there were a couple of
> good t-shirts that they would probably ban now.
> one read
> If it ain't Stiff it ain't worth a F#ck, produced
> needless to say by Stiff Records.
> Another T- shirt read ,on the front
> Frankie who,
> and on the back
> Frankie F#CKING Miller that's who.
> Ironically the correct spelling is not allowed on
> IORR

I saw someone getting run in for wearing the first one c1977. It was the first time I'd ever seen the f-word, and as far as I know, I'd never heard it either. I was at university at the time.

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home