Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

She Smiled Sweetly - Billy Bragg version
Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: August 7, 2007 13:47

In this month's Mojo which includes a Stones anniversary special feature there is a free cd called Stoned. This tribute cd features a great acoustic version of She Smiled Sweetly by The Bard of Barking ie Billy Bragg. Well worth listening to for this item alone. The rest of the stuff is also excellent as is the Stones feature itself.

Re: She Smiled Sweetly - Billy Bragg version
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 7, 2007 13:49

Re: She Smiled Sweetly - Billy Bragg version
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: August 7, 2007 15:12

I was mesmerized by Sandie Shaw's Sympathy for the Devil, and was also delighted to find the original recording of Cherry Oh Baby by Eric Donaldson. I didn't realize that Donaldson's version of Cherry Oh Baby was basically a contemporary song when the Stones covered it during the Goats Head Soup sessions. I assumed that it was older than that.

You can really complain about a CD that comes free with the purchase of a magazine. But I would have bought two copies of this issue if there had been two CDs: one featuring original recordings of songs the Stones covered (and emphasized rare songs rather than familiar recordings like the Temptations' Ain't Too Proud to Beg) and a second CD featuring Stones songs covered by other artists.

Still, I already am in love with the bonus CD in this month's MOJO. It won't be leaving my CD player anytime soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home