Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Favourite part of The Biggest Bang DVD
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 7, 2008 18:11

S.T.P
Get Up Stand Up, and the Charlie docu.

Love the expression on Charlie's face watching Bernard practising "Miss You" on the docu and where he is talking about first coming to Paris, points at the Eiffel Tower, only it's just an aerial!! Also a wonderful moment at end of Midnight Rambler on the main docu when Mick and Keith look at each other and break into a real smile.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: February 7, 2008 19:12

There was something special going on in Vancouver, I'm sure MsTuesday will concur. The applause for Keith, his three song set, the band was up the whole show except for what appeard to be emotional bits during Keiths songs. I am glad that the documentary captured some of the other off stage feeling for that night, a very special night for an old fan like me and it appeared the Stones.

Second I'm going to have to say the Dave Mathews "Let it Bleed'. He was so humbled but stepped up to the plate and R&R'ed Joe Cocker style and he nailed it. Fun to see a guy so satisfied, not to mention Keith Chuck'ed it up real nice.

Then I will side with MsTuesday and the Bonnie Raitt bit.

Posted by: forligan ()
Date: February 7, 2008 19:46

Can't be satisfied.....but I'm surprised Charlie looks to Mick like he doesn't know it, yet they recorded it themselves (More Hot Rocks)but yeah, this is true Stones at it's best, just watching and listening to the song build.
Bob Wills was a great touch as well, the crowd just loved it from the looks on their faces.
Under my Thumb coming out to the small stage is awesome, the China part I don't really get into...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 7, 2008 20:36

i think its funny on the Bonnie Raitt Featueratte when Mick is talking about trying to remember how Shine a light goes. he says "So Im sitting down at the piano trying to remmeber how this song I wrote 25 years ago goes" and he kept saying "how did i do this 25 years ago?". Uh... try 35 years ago Mick.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home