Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ot bittorrent help
Posted by: KYdavid ()
Date: August 4, 2007 19:51

Can anyone help me. I have an old computer and I restored it to the factory settings. I downloaded the bittornado program that was recomended on the dime site. Now when I join a torrent no one seems to be able to download from me. I checked the peers list and there is a red 42398 after my user name. If anyone knows what I need to do to I thank you in advance. And yes I am computer illiterate, so keep it simple.

Re: ot bittorrent help
Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: August 4, 2007 20:09

Check your firewall settings. You will find that either the bittornado program is being blocked , or the port that the program uses is being blocked.

That's the simple answer. You probably need more detail though...

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: KYdavid ()
Date: August 4, 2007 20:31

how do I check my firewall settings?

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: August 5, 2007 01:59

KYdavid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how do I check my firewall settings?

That depends on which firewall you have. All firewalls have a program that will access them tho. For example, McAfee has an icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen. Double click it then look for 'program permissions' or something similar. Make sure that your bitttorent program is permitted to access the internet.

Next look for the 'ports' part of your firewall and check that the port that your bittorremt program uses is open.

I'm still trying to keep this simple......lol

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-05 02:00 by Stikkyfinger.

Posted by: oneMary ()
Date: August 5, 2007 21:23

I had many problems about how to download bittorrents. But when I found next very helpful page everything started to work:
[www.portforward.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home