Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith richards was on the news?
Posted by: MsTuesday ()
Date: August 2, 2007 03:04

My dad said he heard something about Keith on the news this afternoon
about something aobut lyrics??
Anyone know about this??

[[FEAR; BUILDS WALLS.]]

Re: Keith richards was on the news?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 2, 2007 03:24

Something about Keith and dad and snorting

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: August 2, 2007 03:37

Well, this piece was in The New York Times this morning (Aug. 1). I skimmed the other topics on the board and didn't see it mentioned. BV, I'm sorry if I'm double-posting this info!

A Rolling Stone Prepares to Gather His Memories

By MOTOKO RICH

Published: August 1, 2007

Let’s see how much he remembers: the guitarist Keith Richards, a founding member of the Rolling Stones, is writing an autobiography, to be published by Little, Brown & Company in the United States and Weidenfeld & Nicolson in Britain in the fall of 2010.

Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones has signed a contract to write his autobiography.

Little, Brown and Weidenfeld, both owned by Hachette Livre, bought the worldwide English-language rights in a hotly contested auction. According to a person familiar with the deal who asked for anonymity because of a confidentiality agreement, the publishers paid $7.3 million for the memoir, which will be written with James Fox, the author of “White Mischief,” the story of the unsolved murder of a British lord in colonial Kenya. Mr. Fox has been a friend of Mr. Richards’ for about 30 years.

Mr. Richards, 63, is a subject of fascination not only because he helped write hits like “Satisfaction” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” but also because of his rowdy lifestyle and flagrant drug use.

“This is the book that I’ve looked forward to publishing as long as I’ve had the idea of publishing anything,” said Michael Pietsch, publisher of Little, Brown. “His is one of the most vividly lived lives of our times, and he’s a man who has always stood up and spoken with candor about things that most people guard carefully.”

Mr. Pietsch added that he believed that the book would be “one of the best-selling memoirs of all time.”

The publishers bought the book on the basis of a 10-page excerpt that they were allowed to read only during a visit by Mr. Fox; Jane Rose, Mr. Richards’s manager; and Ed Victor, Mr. Richards’s literary agent. The publishers never met with Mr. Richards directly.

Mr. Pietsch said he was completely confident that the rocker and his co-writer would produce a memorable book. “Seeing what was on the page allayed any concerns,” he said. The excerpts, he said, “had a clarity and vividness which I envy.”

Rumors that Mr. Richards was shopping an autobiography had been circulating for some time. But the auction began in earnest two weeks ago when three publishers —HarperCollins; Spiegel & Grau, an imprint of Doubleday Books; and Little, Brown — were invited to see the proposal. In the end, Harper and Little, Brown fought for the rights.

“It was the smallest, longest and biggest auction I’ve ever conducted,” Mr. Victor said. “It’s the largest sum of money I’ve ever got for anything in my entire career.”

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: August 2, 2007 03:44

Oops, just spotted the item in the News section. Sometimes I just go straight to Tell Me without first going to the home page of this site. Glad that this information was posted.

Posted by: MsTuesday ()
Date: August 2, 2007 20:27

thank you!
I thought something bad happened when my dad first said he was mentioned on the news.
im like" WHAAAT?!"

haha.

[[FEAR; BUILDS WALLS.]]

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 4, 2007 05:24

Brainjack in work:

1. KR makes this deal.
2. He celebrates with a larger amount than usueal of Nuclear Waste.
3. He is a little hazy at the Helsinki gig.
4. The whole music & media society goes bananas.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: August 4, 2007 06:01

The 'Dad-snorting' thing ain't goin' away

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 4, 2007 06:13

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brainjack in work:
>
> 1. KR makes this deal.
> 2. He celebrates with a larger amount than usueal
> of Nuclear Waste.
> 3. He is a little hazy at the Helsinki gig.
> 4. The whole music & media society goes bananas.

5. Due to his hazyness in Helsinki he is set to hotel arrest in Sweden. No alcohol.

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home