Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New album from Keith?
Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: August 1, 2007 13:32

It's been 15 years since Main Offender. About time he released a new studio album? What do you think?

Re: New album from Keith?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2007 13:36

His preference is to do his stuff with the Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: August 1, 2007 14:27

Would love to see it, but doubt that it will happen--He would have to put too much effort into it, and at this stage I dont think he's going to do it-- I think what you'll get from Keith over these upcoming years will be a lot of "guest" appearances-- a track on somebody's album or an appearance for a song or two at a concert--

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: August 1, 2007 15:11

for it to happen the stones would have to "fail" again - i.e not work for a while.

OLDKR

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 1, 2007 15:35

The other issue is Keith's perception that the music he'd like to put out does not correspond with what the fans want to hear from him.
I think he's wrong about that...more so today than ever.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2007 15:39

Having said that, he has got lots and lots of songs written, lots of new ones too, but unforunately we will not see or hear them. Unless you lean your ear to the wall at the rehearsals, where he did a lot of his recorded songs at least. Vilvoorde!

Bjornulf

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 6, 2007 15:47

I'm sorry to hear that, bv, as there are probably some great songs among them, regardless of the style that they are in. I believe he should record them for an album release despite touring with the Stones instead of solo. It worked this way for Eagles bassist Timothy B Schmit, when he released his "Feed the Fire" album back in 2001 and toured with the Eagles instead of playing solo concerts. I guess Keith's fanbase would appreciate that a whole lot and buy the album in droves.

As for guest appearances, I'm still hoping for a Keith lead vocal on the next Was (Not Was) record...

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 6, 2007 16:08

the virgin contract was for two albums, two studioalbums or was the hollywood palldium the second?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: August 6, 2007 16:15

Keith was probably disappointed with the sales of his Wingless Angels project. I would love to hear some of the L-room tapes. The Marsha Hansen CD has some.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: August 6, 2007 16:17

No new Keith album, means he's completely into working with the Stones!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 6, 2007 19:29

michrud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No new Keith album, means he's completely into
> working with the Stones!

No new Keith album means he's completely into working as little as possible. At his age I can't say I blame him.

"It wasn't my fault ... liquors drunkened me!" Homer Simpson

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 6, 2007 19:33

agree, onnya. and, not sure i buy it that KR has a bunch of new tunes written. His muse has been dormant for over a decade now....

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: August 6, 2007 19:36

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A NEW STONES ALBUM...if keith wants to work--put it into the stones!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 6, 2007 19:38

I Think he has to do both...I love it when Keith goes country!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1209
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home