Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I do not play no r'n'r - Mississippi Fred McDowell
Posted by: anagyrus ()
Date: July 31, 2007 19:27

Mississippi fred Mcdowell - I do not play no r’n’r

Have you heard this? It’s recorded in 1969, and to my very personal ears it sounds very close to all the stuff of the stones circa late 60’s. I’d love to know the opininion of all the guitar experts in this board. The guitar tone, that chopping rhythm...to me THAT’s the sound. Many of the songs from this album (“61 Highway”, “Good morning little schoolgirl”...) would have fit perfectly in albums like Let it bleed or Exile (Should I say viceversa?). Don’t you think that not only the covers ( You Gotta Move) but the intros of “Stop breaking down” or “Ventilator blues” maybe are inspired by albums like that?

Does any of you agree? Have you ever feel this while listening to any other non-stones music?

Thanks a lot
José M.

Re: I do not play no r'n'r - Mississippi Fred McDowell
Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: July 31, 2007 19:49

I think every band that has played a rock song since 1963 owes the Rolling Stones far more than they could ever pay.

Posted by: David700 ()
Date: July 31, 2007 20:59

i love that mississippi fred mcd album! still have it on vinyl

Posted by: anagyrus ()
Date: July 31, 2007 21:15

You are lucky! Mine is a 2CD reissue with some alternate takes. In some takes he states seriously (repeatedly!) and teach us that he play the blues, but no r'n'r !!! (I think no matter how it is named, i love it anyway)

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: July 31, 2007 22:03

My dad has the vinyl!
Also , i see his poster on his studio!

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home