Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Shine A Light Screening Last night
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 12, 2007 01:42

No that's not what I meant. Not those terrible TV style docus with boring Interviews from a sofa! It's all the same more or less.

I hoped for someting new and more special from old Scorcese. And just 1-2 "new" songs from the final European dates.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 12, 2007 02:12

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Do you mean anything beyond Aug.26th or is their
> something else going on in Sept. live show wise?

I meant I was kinda resigning myself to no new shows/product post the scheduled Shine a Light release in sept 2007.

Now the film will be released next year so maybe it gives them a motivation to keep working.

I dont think there'll be any 'shows' in 2007 after London, but they'll be involved someway in some reshoots/post production/overdubs it seems. Whether that'll involve the use of 'extras' as was planned at the abandoned shoot last November, I dont know.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 12, 2007 03:41

I only hope that with the extra time; that it will be used for adding historical perspective and historical documentary footage in addition to the Beacon footage.

Scorsese is an intellectual director; not just an "action" director and he should use his god-given talents to their greatest effect. Sort of like Coppola in this way.

Plexiglass

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:52

I think it has more to do with scheduling,rather than artistic reasons. With the DVD out and Mick's greatest hits album coming out,it just makes more sense to have a product to promote next year..............And a reason to tour the US next year.grinning smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 13, 2007 19:11

Thank god. I was worried that it was going to start out with that old story about Keith seeing Mick at the train station with Muddy Waters records under his arm.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 14, 2007 09:44

Scorsese is over-rated. His film editors are the true talents.

I say, let it rock!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 14, 2007 13:30

and i say do a film about the 78 tour and we will all be happy

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home