Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Biggest Bang-Austin Mini-Doc...Questions..
Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: July 26, 2007 18:31

Hi,what song is Keith singing along with Charlie in this mini documentary before all the Stones rehearse Bob Willis..??
And also i think Keith is rehearsing thru a small Fender Tweed Champ 8 "speaker... or maybe a Fender Deluxe??
If anybody got answers to these questions please post it

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!

Re: Biggest Bang-Austin Mini-Doc...Questions..
Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 18:55

The song is Learning the Game, which is also featured on the Austin Concert DVD. Keith played it as the first song of his set. It's a cover tune orgininally written by Buddy Holly.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 27, 2007 01:55

excellent version by keith, the rehearsal was also excellent

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:15

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> excellent version by keith, the rehearsal was also
> excellent

Absolutely...one of the highlights of this great DVD concert :-)

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: July 27, 2007 03:15

How many times better is this new box set compared to the four flicks.I mean the extras and the shows etc.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 27, 2007 03:51

to me they are just about even, but i like the four flicks documentary dvd more than the bang documentary dvd, but overall they are both outstanding and must haves

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 27, 2007 05:41

Also a bootleg of the same title "Learning the game", which Keith does acoutiscally, really get's into the song.... it's a great boot!!! lot's of rare gems in them!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: July 27, 2007 17:32

OK thanks so much for the title of the song...then is Keith playing thru a Fender Champ or thru a Deluxe???

Shattered !!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2007 18:51

StratoGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many times better is this new box set compared
> to the four flicks.I mean the extras and the shows
> etc.

I dont think theres much in it either way, to be honest.

I think the concept and the song selection on FF is superior simply because the 3 types of shows allowed for such variety whereas this tour doesnt. It maybe has the edge in freshness too because it contains a higher % of material that hadnt already been broadcast or bootlegged, although thats not really the Stones' problem if fans chose to do that.

Austin comes across as a really good show, but the fact that theres so much overdubbing in the second half of it detracts a little. Paris Olympia remains for me the best of any of the shows featured on either release (even though theres come selective editing on THAT show to cover up the fact that by all accounts Ronnie was off his tits for a sizeable part of it).

The documentary features are excellent in both releases.

Best thing for me on either of the releases is that version of 'Learning the Game' from Austin. Cant get enough of that. Best thing I've heard from the entire tour and it's a treat that its been captured 'officially'.... anyone who watches that and thinks Keith Richards cant sing, well there's no hope for them. The passion oozes out of his every pore. Chilling.

Most frustrating thing - that rehearsal of 'I Cant Be Satisfied' from Milan. I absolutely love fly-on-the-wall footage of the Stones in the studio or in rehearsal, but it too often tends to be a fleeting glimpse. Its great to watch, but I just wish there was more footage like it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home