Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who Has Seen A Keith Solo Show?
Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:11

Just watching the Boston 93 from the RO Tracker and I like it very much. Nice and rough sound.
Has anybody here seen one of the shows live?

How was it?

Re: Who Has Seen A Keith Solo Show?
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:16

Yeah, I saw Keith & the x-pensive winos in Cologne in '92 - luved it.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:20

Oh man I would love to see that.. never have.. if they ever come to Europe, I`m there!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:20

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I saw Keith & the x-pensive winos in Cologne
> in '92 - luved it.

Yes, me too. Travelled together with 3 friends in a VW Käfer
from Northern Germany to Cologne and back the same night.

Keith t o t a l l y @#$%& up the intro of Whip It Up,
which was the encore (as far as I can recall).

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:27

I saw Keith and the X-Pensive Winos at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles in 1993 and it was a very cool show. I saw Keith again at the same venue in 2004 doing his songs for the Gram Parsons tribute concert that is out on dvd.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:28

saw him on both tours - great shows. keith was a much-better-than-expected front man and his side players were aces, all of them. nice mix of covers, kr solo songs and stones song, too....don't think anyone was very disappointed.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:41

I saw the 2004 show at the Universal. I kinda wanted to go in 1993 but something else was going on that night.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:45

NYC 2x @ Beacon

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:47

Saw Keith and the Winos at Cleveland Music Hall in '88. Great show. Saw the Stones at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium less than a year later. Absolutely incredible. Never dreamed I could see both in such a short span of time and with new albums to boot. Could never happen again.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:53

i saw him in Toronto in the early 90s - can't remember the year - it was lotsa fun and a great band (well, the winos were not the stones, but keith is always keith :-) I also liked Miss Sarah Dash singing.

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: July 25, 2007 21:54

Cologne was great, been there too!

German TV WDR showed the whole concert.
It was my 16th birthday then in November 1992...

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 25, 2007 22:02

Saw him at the Orpheum in Vancouver in 1993. Got a high five from him out at stage left while security was mugging some other guy at the centre of the stage!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 25, 2007 22:03

Keith and the Winos:
1989 Chicago
1989 BBA New Jersey
1992? WTTW Chicago TV taping
1993 Chicago
1993 Phoenix
1993 Denver

This was a fantastic band live and all of the above were great shows. I would love to see this band go out on the road again.

Posted by: Rock'n'roller ()
Date: July 25, 2007 22:05

Town and Country Club, London, on Keith's 49th birthday. We all sang Happy Birthday to him. Excellent venue too!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 25, 2007 22:06

There's Boston '93 over at Hot Stuff...
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: July 25, 2007 22:07

I saw him at the Beacon Theatre - February 12, 1993. Keith's voice was a little scratchy but he is a very able frontman.

Soul Asylum opened the show and did not disapoint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-25 22:08 by Goldsmith.

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: July 25, 2007 22:44

I saw both Keith shows at the Town & Country club in 1992 & they were brilliant; small club, ecstatic, enthusiastic crowd. "Gimme Shelter" really stays in my memory from those concerts.

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: July 25, 2007 23:31

1992-------------------ROTTERDAM
PARIS
COLOGNE
LONDON BOTH SHOWS IN THE FAMOUS TOWN&COUNTRY
inside the T&C i met benjy levevre. the housesound engineer for steel wheels-urban jungle tour. i show him a picture from the fanzine of japan
STONE PEOPLE MAGAZIN from yuji ikeda. perhaps somebody know the guy?
this pic shows benji and keith in a wardrobe. and they have a realy realy big laughing. he never saw this pic before. and he goes with me to the wardrobe to sign the pic include keith. a great moment.

Posted by: tjkeef ()
Date: July 25, 2007 23:48

I saw the Expensive Winos in S.F. and Oakland both tours And the New BArbarians at the L.A fourm, Ithuoght the Wino's were much better! Does anybody remember the patch work( WE COME TO MASSACRE AND TO RAPE....NO ESCAPE!)tee shirts from the New Barb Shows?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 25, 2007 23:59

Yes, Toronto Massey Hall, '92 and The Academy in NYC as well.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:02

Ooooooooops, and how could I forget...........the New Barbs at Oshawa, Ontario for Keith's sentencing gig in 1979.

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:21

filstan Wrote:
> Keith and the Winos:
> 1989 Chicago
> 1989 BBA New Jersey
> 1992? WTTW Chicago TV taping
> 1993 Chicago
> 1993 Phoenix
> 1993 Denver
>
> This was a fantastic band live and all of the
> above were great shows. I would love to see this
> band go out on the road again.

I saw him in Detroit at the beautiful FOX Theatre on both tours plus the TV taping in Chicago, mentioned above, which took place the day after Christmas 1992. THAT was a hoot. Got Bobby Keys autograph and came to the stark realization, as they walked Keith right by me, that he's only about 5'5" tall and maybe 140 lbs drippin' wet. He bantered with the audience while they changed tape. When asked what he was drinking he replied, "Vodka and Tang. It's so bad even I can't drink much of it."

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:29

I saw all of the Keith solo shows both tours in Boston and New York with the exception of the New Years one with Pearl Jam at the Academy.

I don't remember how many that was, but seeing him for that first show at the Beacon in Oct or Nov 88 was a dream come true, as I had never seen the Stones yet.
Here's two photos from that show, sorry about the poor quality - it was a crappy camera - they used to confiscate them back then, so I took my cheap one.
Note -I was CLOSE - that camera did NOT have a zoom lens!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 00:32 by CindyC.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:30

Saw him in Copenhagen 1992 - great show. But could not even sell out a 3.000 seater even though it was the only gig in Scandinavia.....strange ;-)

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:35

Seen all of the Beacon and Tower shows in 1993. S

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:52

Saw Keith in the city and in Oakland at the Kaiser. Great time!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:59

No Expectations Wrote:
> Saw Keith in the city and in Oakland at the
> Kaiser. Great time!

seems like a lot of us were there. My buddy and I were actually first in line that day. We chatted for a couple of hours with the next two guys in line, whom we didn't know at the time. Fast forward a few years to the Ronnie Wood gig at the Warfield...again, my buddy and I are first in line and we start talking to these two guys that are next in line (they are brothers) and we start to realize a big of deja vu happening - yup, it's the same two from the Keith '88 show at Kaiser. We're now all very good friends for the past 15 years - in fact one of them (he lives in Georgia) went to the Beacon show with me last fall and he's out here now to party with me and a bunch of other guys this weekend.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:03

I saw the X-Pensive Winos' very first show at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta on Thanksgiving night 1988. WOW! Great CD, setlist (Connection!), band, and show.

Don't know if this counts, but I also saw the New Barbarians in 1979.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:17

saw both keith shows at the boston orpheum 1988. right as the lights went down, a sliver of light issued from the rightside backstage door and 4-5 shadows passed from backstage to the orchestra pit. they made their way to some seats 3 rows in front of me. although the theatre was still dark, you could see their silhouettes against the amp lights and the whole place erupted; -it was Aerosmith coming from backstage to enjoy the show with/as true fans. keef's solo in Locked Away was the best lead i had gotten the chance to see him play live up to that point.

also got to see him on the next tour in pittsburgh at duquesne in '93, and earlier with the new barbarians in '79

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:21

winter Wrote:
you could see their silhouettes against the amp lights and the whole place erupted; -it was Aerosmith coming from backstage to enjoy the show with/as true fans.

HAHAHA - I remember that!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home