Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Annie Leibovitz, Queen Elizabeth II disagree on royal outfit
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 13, 2007 02:19

BBC apologizes to Queen Elizabeth II July 12, 2007, 5:09 am PDT

Associated Press

LONDON -

The British Broadcasting Corp. apologized to Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday for saying she had walked out of portrait sitting with photographer Annie Leibovitz.

The BBC said a promotional trailer released Wednesday from the upcoming documentary "A Year With the Queen" showed the monarch arriving, not departing.

That scene showed the queen walking down a Buckingham Palace corridor, wearing a crown and her Order of the Garter robes, and telling her lady-in-waiting: "I'm not changing anything. I've had enough dressing like this, thank you very much."

"In this trailer, there is a sequence that implies that the queen left a sitting prematurely," the BBC said.

"This was not the case and the actual sequence of events was misrepresented. The BBC would like to apologize to both the queen and Annie Leibovitz for any upset this may have caused."

The promotional video showed the queen balking at the photographer's request that she remove her crown.

Leibovitz told the queen, "I think it will look better without the crown because the garter robe is so ...," but the monarch cut her off with an icy stare.

"Less dressy! What do you think this is?" the monarch said, gesturing to her attire.

___

Re: Annie Leibovitz, Queen Elizabeth II disagree on royal outfit
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 13, 2007 02:28

You tell her, Queenie!

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: July 13, 2007 06:27

hahaha does anyone know of a link to watch this moment on youtube? I couldn't find it.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 13, 2007 07:41

off with her head !

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 13, 2007 09:53

Did any of you people responding actually read the news story? She did *not* diss Leibovitz, hence the BBC's apology.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home