Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Wood responsible for Steel Wheels-sort of
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 13, 2007 01:32

Well, not exactly, but I like the story he tells - in the late 80's after Mick and Keith are doing their solo things and appearantly have no interest in working with each other again, Ronnie asks Mick, "so when are we going to get together again"? Mick responds, "I'm ready, but Keith really hates me, I don't know if he is interested". Ronnie say says to Mick, "If I can get Keith to call you, you would do it?" That evening Ronnie calls Keith and asks him if he wants to get the stones back" Keith says "sure, I'm ready, Ronnie tells Keith what Mick said and Keith responds "Of coarse I hate that Bloody Bas#$@d!, I always hated him, thats nothing new, I will call him first thing Tomorrow morning"!
...This is an approximate account of a story that Woody told at one of his art expositions. Maybe true, maybe not, either way it's a good story.

Re: Ron Wood responsible for Steel Wheels-sort of
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 13, 2007 01:50

Ronnie was indeed the peacemaker in those years and this was probably a big reason why they made it through the mid to late 70's.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 13, 2007 02:28

I think in more than one interview has described himself as a 'liaison officer'.

I've also read that we was responsible for bringing Keef and Bill back on speaking terms again in the late '70's.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 13, 2007 02:45

he is indeed the "glue" (WOOD Glue) that has kept things together
during the rough years. I think Woody recounts a bit of this
in the MTV Stones interviews aired prior to the Atlantic City '89
pay-per-view broadcast (& other places).

I also remember Bill German writing about Ron's role as
the peacemaker/liason. Mick likes Ron....and we know
Ron and Keith are blood brothers.

IORR............but I like it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1138
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home