Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: How can you afford it?
Posted by: gstone ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:37

Suppose many of us have worked really hard for many years, and give first priority to Stones-shows when there's a tour comming up. Met quite a few people who save up money just for Stones shows between tours. And some bring their jobs with them. Many excecutives among us, I think.
Me? I only spend money on things that can be considered a PASSION. The Stones definitely fit into this category.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 9, 2007 21:51

I've had the same thoughts as pgarof . I remember reading a while back during the US leg of the tour how many shows some had attended during this tour alone and I thought , "HOLY SHIT " . How can one afford the travel expenses , shows and time off from work ?

I myself went to 7 shows but I was very lucky 3 were within 40 miles from home . Another about 60 miles or so .the 4th show was about a 4 hour drive each way . I had one over nighter in Pennsylvania but I was able to stay with relatives on that one and the last one in Atlantic City was the most expensive . 2 nights lodging and gambling losses . I figure I spent on travel , tickets , and others about $2000.00 US . Thats some serious change to a lot of people !

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:09

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Don't laugh. I use to smoke
> oregano.............What did I know.......I was a
> school kid.
>
>
> You had more brains than me (even tho I never was
> a Loverboy fan!) I smoked catnip.
> (Intentionally.)
>
> Took a whole baggie to get a headache, but the cat
> was going mad!
>
> Try explaining those drapes to your mother...
> (SUCH a dip...)
>
> tongue sticking out smiley

....that's too bad about the drapes.....I've smoked dried banana peels before, as a youngster,.....it didn't work......

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:14

When I can't afford it I try to sell my body, which usually doesn't work. Then I move on to trying to sell Lukester and Elmo's bodies. The young ladies in the photo below were a bit skeptical about all this. Y'all like my new hat?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:17

i cant

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:23

I'm moving to Louisville. Pretty girls (I always get that surprised look!) and a good football team! Oh, yeah, drake and ohno too!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 22:24 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 9, 2007 22:39

pgarof Wrote:
> I don't want to know everyones personal finances
> BUT how can so many people afford to go to see the
> stones on all or lots of their dates. I run my own
> business and don't do too badly but I can only
> afford to see them a couple of times. Is everyone
> really rich or maybe don't have anything apart
> from Stones tickets.
>
> I would be interested to know.

I don't attend expensive professional sporting events (one NBA game can cost as much as a Stones show easily). I don't play golf (two trips to a decent course here in the states can cost as much as a Stones concert). I rarely travel to cities where I'll need a hotel opting instead to attend the show and stay with friends. I don't smoke or gamble.

Stones shows rarely vary in anything but setlist changes so attending more than four shows in a tour is really overkill anyway. That said we are coming to Ireland next month for what will be my 17th show in the last ten years. That averages out to seeing the Stones once every six months. I have friends and relatives I see far less than that. :-)

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 9, 2007 23:29

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> That picture smells violence and money -
> think Lukester operates the same way - even in
> 2007, loading up the VW bus with guns and
> strawberry moonshine

....let me explain, Erik, the guns were really loaded as a precautionary measure to scare off the bats.....lots of bats have been known to fly around my head......

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 9, 2007 23:32

That moonshine packs a nice punch, too!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 9, 2007 23:49

I really can.t but looking at those photos of budva i wish i could. BV you lucky basraed

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: July 10, 2007 01:23

hi boston 2006,

you wrote:
I've had the same thoughts as pgarof . I remember reading a while back during the US leg of the tour how many shows some had attended during this tour alone and I thought , "HOLY SHIT " . How can one afford the travel expenses , shows and time off from work ?

I myself went to 7 shows but I was very lucky 3 were within 40 miles from home . Another about 60 miles or so .the 4th show was about a 4 hour drive each way . I had one over nighter in Pennsylvania but I was able to stay with relatives on that one and the last one in Atlantic City was the most expensive . 2 nights lodging and gambling losses . I figure I spent on travel , tickets , and others about $2000.00 US . Thats some serious change to a lot of people !>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank`s boston 2006
You take seriously Him.
The questions are realy not dull.
You have your heart on thr right place.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 10, 2007 01:43

Well. Boston I agree. The Stones are my passion but I recognize as I get older that I have to be practical; I must save for retirement. I work my butt off too, sole support, no kids, good education, Director of Advertising but not a huge salary. I saw 9 shows on this tour alone and am considering London but if I do go, it will come out of savings. I try to see alot of shows in a short period of time like you do; I pick shows within 200 miles of home and end up having a huge hotel bill all the same. Philly costs alot with Amtrak, hotel 4 nights and tickets for 2 shows in the first 8 rows. That alone amounted to thousands! I need a rich man, hopefully one that loves the Stones! My current boyfriend gives me no financial help AT ALL and is not a Stones fan. If they return to the USA, I'll be scrambling with the rest of you, moving $$ rom one place to another. If I skip London, I'll be a bit ahead because I have started to save and by 2008, I'll have my " Stones Stash". It is not easy but it is always worth it. 36 shows later, I've not had enough!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 10, 2007 02:14

Top price tickets in the States (Colonies) were about 25 to 30% higher (depending on conversion rate at the time) for the best seats.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 10, 2007 03:26

Baboon bro,
Can I have your assignment? I'd be very good at it.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 10, 2007 03:39

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> When I can't afford it I try to sell my body,
> which usually doesn't work. Then I move on to
> trying to sell Lukester and Elmo's bodies. The
> young ladies in the photo below were a bit
> skeptical about all this. Y'all like my new hat?
>
> [www.ikeepadiary.com]
> ey_karaoke/images/01-(27).jpg

No but I LOVE the shirt.grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 11, 2007 21:50

I have no intention of working more hours at this point in my life! I'm trying to earn more and work LESS! Or hit a BIG lottery!

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: July 11, 2007 22:01

pgarof Wrote:
> I don't want to know everyones personal finances
> BUT how can so many people afford to go to see the
> stones on all or lots of their dates. I run my own
> business and don't do too badly but I can only
> afford to see them a couple of times. Is everyone
> really rich or maybe don't have anything apart
> from Stones tickets.
>
> I would be interested to know.

Most can't. They're just obsessed and irresponsible with money. winking smiley

And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home