Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick's appearance
Posted by: Rock'n'roller ()
Date: July 6, 2007 14:35

Just picking up on a few threads about the Stones' sartorial style etc. Why is that Mick always looks so 'up to the minute' in terms of dress sense in pictures where he's arriving at rehearsals but a bit of a twit in a sparkly long coat on stage (for at least some of the time)? And what's with him walking around on stage on tiptoes? Anyone else noticed this? Mind you, remarkable for his age, and doesn't appear to have had a face-lift.

Re: Mick's appearance
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2007 14:45

And what's with him walking around on stage on tiptoes?

That's a lil' trait he picked up
from sneakin' in late when he was with Jerry...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: July 6, 2007 14:46

His heels hurt.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 6, 2007 16:07

Rock'n'roller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> remarkable for his age,
> and doesn't appear to have had a face-lift.

no facelift for sure

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: July 6, 2007 17:53

Offstage he dresses like it's 2007. On the ABB tour, some of his clothes are very Vegas like. Maybe that's what he's going for. I think his clothes during the Goddess in The doorway era were the best. They were edgy and modern. I wish his clothes had more edge to them instead of being bling bling.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: July 6, 2007 19:03

I understand he has to be visible to a large audience and look like a rock star but sometimes he really looks like a total twat in sparkly long coats and such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-06 19:08 by iamthedj.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 6, 2007 19:07

He only puts those silly coats on so he can take 'em off again .
...waste of good frock material according to my Mrs.

Posted by: palmkeith ()
Date: July 6, 2007 19:32

"And what's with him walking around on stage on tiptoes?"

That's something he stole from Tina Turner. He actually stole her way of walking as a whole.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 6, 2007 19:44

he looks that way because he has to, he is the man

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: July 6, 2007 21:08

Maybe he's used to wearing high heels??

LOL

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: MICK_JAGGER ()
Date: July 6, 2007 21:36

its the rooster walk style strut hes so famous for, same with the random spastic arm movements and pointy fingers and the hip wiggles, all his kind of dancing, picked some moves up from Turner yes, but Tina doesn't do a lot of it, just a little bit of the walk.

the clothes are important to be flashy because you have to see where he is from a ways back in the stadium, when he comes out, he wears strong colors, or something very shiny, and a long coat when it rains, he is still the same flamboyant mick, i mean, back in the days it was the outrageous jumpsuits and spandex

He is a rock star..not your every day Joe, when he is on album covers, rehearsing and at premieres he dresses spiffy, casual and 2007 in style, but when hes performing he steps it up, something a little more flashy, everyone expects it, if he were to come out in normal clothes...people would think somethings gone wrong

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 6, 2007 21:54

so if the bling is deemed so de trop ... what's it going to be then, eh?
what sorts of things are people picturing him wearing to start the shows and at other Dramatic Moments?
i mean: when the man's worked his way down to trousers and one of his odd little t-shirts, i'm happy -
but he's got to start from something in order to work his way down to that. so what are you all picturing?

my all-time favourite Fancy Mick Get-Up was that Voodoo Lucifer, but obviously he can't be that pictureqsue all the time.
some of his Licks attire was quite all right too; and i like the cut of those cropped jackets he's into now,
even if the fabric is a bit ... much. :E

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 6, 2007 22:07

What I noticed from some good dancers is they tend to dance on their toes, for a lighter feel...He may have picked some of that up from Tina, I agree. He seems to have taken his original gestures and moves and worked them into more of a continuous dance/run/walk.

I do think Mick has had a little face/eye work since the fall leg of the tour...either that or a lot of R and R and I don't mean rock and roll.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 7, 2007 00:51

BLING BLING?? The only gaudy on-stage outfit that Mick wears is the red coat and hat for SFTD! That is purposely theatrical. His normal on-stage clothing consists of black pants, maybe silvery belt, tight t-shirt and an over-shirt, usually bright but far from gaudy!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 7, 2007 01:03

totally gaudy, embarrassing really, considering how natty he is offstage. very vegas or LA idea of a "rock star." more genuinely bohemian articles would be the thing, rather than andrew lloyd webber pastiches of them.

Date: July 7, 2007 01:06

Mick looks soooo goood, in fact I think that all men, young or old would be blessed to have his appearance - no matter what he wears. Don´t think he´s overdressed on stage - if one considers he wants to appeal everybody not only the first ten rows.

BTW I do like the red coat a lot

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: July 7, 2007 01:40

I think it's a lot better than that football stuff in the early 80's!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 7, 2007 01:49

I think you're nuts, CC.

Posted by: icy ()
Date: July 7, 2007 01:50

Strutting up,
the Satanic way
tiptoeing the Stairway to Heaven or down to Hell?

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 7, 2007 10:22

IgotDbluez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's a lot better than that football stuff
> in the early 80's!

____ by a light year..

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 7, 2007 11:27

>> His normal on-stage clothing consists of black pants, maybe silvery belt, tight t-shirt and an over-shirt <<

it usually also includes a jacket, at the start of the show,
which of course is when most of the photos are from, so the jackets get maybe more than their share of attention.
and the jackets *have* been heavy on the bling on this tour: glittery, sequins, embroidery, etc.
i don't begrudge the Mick his bling if he feels good in it - if that's part of what it takes
to give him the spunk to go out there and do that Thing he does, who am i to question it?
besides, i can always treat it as a form of humour. :E

meanwhile, he's quite light on the bling in the photos now trickling in from Rome -
lookin good :E

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-07 18:35 by with sssoul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home