Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are the Euros upset about their leg of the supposed "Bigger Bang" tour?
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 3, 2007 21:04

Scanning the setlists, it looks like the European leg of this tour is more and more a Licks type tour -- ONE song from the new album?? And in Madrid ZERO??

I'm sure you are happy to see your favorite band, and gems like Sway, but are you feeling a bit cheated?

Not trying to stir up any bashing thread, just seriously curious.

Re: Are the Euros upset about their leg of the supposed "Bigger Bang" tour?
Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: July 3, 2007 21:09

Well it's really for me to say, as I havn't seen them this year yet.
I went to a great concert with the Stones last year and didn't feel cheated at all.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 3, 2007 21:10

It doesn't sound like that.

Date: July 3, 2007 21:23

you kidding? i've been thanking my lucky stars! i didn't travel 5,000 miles to hear oh no not rough jvstice again . . .

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: black&blue ()
Date: July 3, 2007 21:45

Me ? I'm just happy to see them , and i also do have my favorite setlist , but
as soon as the moment that they are going to enter the stage comes closer ,
well .... newer songs , old songs , i just don't care at all.
Sometimes we just forget how lucky we are that we have still the possibility
to see them playing live ... so not upset at all.

rocking greetings ,

black&blue

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 3, 2007 21:48

black&blue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Me ? I'm just happy to see them , and i also do
> have my favorite setlist , but
> as soon as the moment that they are going to
> enter the stage comes closer ,
> well .... newer songs , old songs , i just don't
> care at all.
> Sometimes we just forget how lucky we are that we
> have still the possibility
> to see them playing live ... so not upset at all.
>
>
> rocking greetings ,
>
> black&blue

Thumbs up for that.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 3, 2007 21:52

When i saw them last year and this year at the show i was not thinking about it really.....but when they did ONNYA and Rough i just howled a little louder...as to say all right play some more...the people around me liked the new ones to...of course they never did more than two(in Nijmegen only one) Well by now i learned to live with that...we talked a lot about it..here....only thing for me left to say about it is....that the ABB album never got the chance to get alive wich is indeed a pitty....i was very excited about a couple of songs...but i never really believed they would do them...after they finished their last year USA tour....as if they dont believe in their own album...thats the way it feels...I mean LMDRS...LWTCDI...LIND...BOMH...TPIE...i tell you i believe in those tunes and they deserve a prominent place in the set list...just like Rough Justice..you can see they feel good when they play that song....its strange i guess the times really are different...Jagger always demanted to do new ones ...he said that in interviews and he even said it in Atlantic City 89...or in Toronto''íf its not new its never old'' I can understand the reasons why...but why not call it the Undercover or Let it Bleed tour?I really like this tour but i miss the ''fuc you all mentality of the Some Girls tour or even the Tattoo You tour.....when they were kings? no they still are even today no band gives me that feeling...so im not upset ok!!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 3, 2007 21:53

I'm grateful for every minute I can see them live on stage. Upset??? No way!

Posted by: black&blue ()
Date: July 3, 2007 22:02

I think they got it now rrronnie , (or something similiar said Neil Young
during the Last Waltz concert) :-)

cheers ,

black&blue

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 3, 2007 22:32

No, I'm really happy with the setlits. Really hoping that the London 3 are an amalgamation of everything so far, e.g. we'll get Rambler, Knockin, Live With Me, All Over Now, Get Off My Cloud, Under My Thumb, She's So Cold, Bitch, You got The Silver and many more over the three nights. It would be nice if we could get three different songs off Bigger Bang too and not just Rough Justice every night. I've never heard ONNYA or Rain Fall Down, (which they DO do), never mind the many decent songs that they've never done from that album.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: July 4, 2007 01:06

Let's face it,ABB might be a fine album for some average rock band but as far as the stones are concerned it's among their worst.It's totally uninspired and having seen The STones only once so far I 'd hate to hear a lot of songs from it.It's easy for those fans who were fortunate enough to see them many times to ask for ABB songs but think how cheated would feel those fans who due to some cirucmstances that were beyond their control saw The Stones only once or never saw them at all.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 4, 2007 01:15

Upset. Certainly not. At the beginning worried about Keith. Sad that Werchter, Frankfurt and Paris did not make it. Glad that they topped at Lyon, Spain and Portugal. Sad that no promo was made on this tour, that the sales went on too late. The show is sometimes much better than Licks. One regret : Wembley. Never satisfied. But 3 O2 may erase this.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2007 01:58

Pretty much agree with phd (although I think overall Licks was superior).

Disappointed that a) unlike Licks, we didnt get a similar sized amount of shows as North America did over the whole tour (but we got two visits instead of the usual one) and b) the fact that, apart from the 02 shows, the concerts have all been in stadiums

They should be playing more ABB songs (in the case of Madrid, they should be playing at least SOME ABB songs), but having said that, I enjoyed the two shows in Lisbon and Madrid every bit as much as what I saw last year.

The shows seem to be getting better, which is a good sign.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 4, 2007 08:02

Some of their songs the last few shows (not the order) are similar to the beginning of ABB tour.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: July 4, 2007 09:18

First thing: why give it a name when it has nothing to do with the product of the same name. But be serious, they cannot call it "the farewell tour maybe", or "perhaps the last time". Or should they call it "Well, another world tour" or "Greatest hits live"" In my opinion, these titles would tell the truth but nobody of them I think would vote for such a tour name. Anyway, they are great, I relly love them since I was eleven years old. But to be serious, don´t judge a book by it´s cover winking smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 4, 2007 09:37

Honestly we have great songs I'll Go Crazy, Waiting On a Friend, never played in Europe before, Let It Bleed, She Was Hot, You Got The Silver...

I don't share the opinion saying that Keef missed his performance in Paris, but I put the concert from Lyon definitely in my personal TOP 10 of the Stones concerts I've seen.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 4, 2007 10:09

Doesn't matter what they play, I enjoy all of it.
My dad used to tell me it was "all the same bloody racket" anyway.

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: July 4, 2007 10:20

JMARKO Wrote:
> Scanning the setlists, it looks like the European
> leg of this tour is more and more a Licks type
> tour -- ONE song from the new album?? And in
> Madrid ZERO??
>
> I'm sure you are happy to see your favorite band,
> and gems like Sway, but are you feeling a bit
> cheated?
>
> Not trying to stir up any bashing thread, just
> seriously curious.

What??? I don't feel cheated, and I've been to every show so far, with the exception of two. Actually - I feel BLESSED. The set lists are incredible. We've been served gems, songs rarely playd, we've been taken special care of. The Stones have listened to their hard core fans. The first part of every show seems to be dedicated to us.
I bet the Americanos would be jealous if they knew how lucky we are. And we've deserved it! Rome will be a giant musical feast, by the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-04 12:22 by gstone.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: July 4, 2007 10:34

rebelrebel Wrote:
> No, I'm really happy with the setlits. Really
> hoping that the London 3 are an amalgamation of
> everything so far, e.g. we'll get Rambler,
> Knockin, Live With Me, All Over Now, Get Off My
> Cloud, Under My Thumb, She's So Cold, Bitch, You
> got The Silver and many more over the three
> nights. It would be nice if we could get three
> different songs off Bigger Bang too and not just
> Rough Justice every night. I've never heard ONNYA
> or Rain Fall Down, (which they DO do), never mind
> the many decent songs that they've never done from
> that album.

Oh yes. Exactly my opinion.

Anyway, I`m going to see the Who for the first time in my life. From the Reviews in this board I´ve undestood they`re playing SIX songs of Endless Wire. Not bad considering their career and possible songs from it..

A tiny Joey Ramone in my soul is waiting to here ONNYA and/or Rough Justice this tour, and Back of My Hand would be great, too

Posted by: kees ()
Date: July 4, 2007 10:56

Yes, I am disappointed about it. For me it is the reason not to see them again this tour. I prefer ABB to VL and BTB and a band like the Stones should have played some 5/6 songs from the album which contains somereal nice tunes.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 4, 2007 11:07

phd Wrote:
> Upset. Certainly not. At the beginning worried
> about Keith. Sad that Werchter, Frankfurt and
> Paris did not make it.

Actually Paris war really really good!!!

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 4, 2007 11:40

gstone Wrote:
> I bet the Americanos would be jealous if they knew
> how lucky we are. And we've deserved it! Rome will
> be a giant feast, by the way.

A giant FEAST ??!! where ?!!!!! We love food here in Italy winking smiley

but staying on the topic, i honestly don't feel the lack of ABB songs. i like them too, but maybe they're too "new" for me to get all excited about them like the "oldies" that i grew up with. Although I wish they'd play "back of my hand" again !! A new-old blues song, as Mick calls it...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-04 11:49 by loochie.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 4, 2007 12:15

The set list has little to do with how good the shows are. The important thing is the quality of playing and the energy of the show - which is combination of both the band and the audience.

For the shows I've seen, now way am I disapointed, although I might have been if I'd been thee on one of Keith's off nights.

ABB is a fairly good album, but they have done many much better albums in their career and I'd rather hear those songs than ABB. That said, I do still like them to play new stuff.

Thinking about it, the songs they played in BTB and VL tours were MUCH better than the ones they play off the ABB album (IMHO).

Out of Control / Saint of Me for example were always highlights for me and Sparks WIll Fly / YGMR (now tired of course) / I Go Wild was great too on VL. In comparison, RJ / ONNYA seem pretty poor.

The one exception is actually SOL which turned from a dull ballad on the allbum to being a great highlight of the stadium shows - with mobile phones now replacing lighters!

So no, I'm not upset at all.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 4, 2007 12:33

Agree with gstone. Don't feel cheated at all - the very opposite. The setlists are so much more varied than the previous legs and I have no regrets at all about not hearing more songs from ABB.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 4, 2007 12:54

Exactly Beast - good attitude I say, I say...

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 4, 2007 20:55

On The licks tour they did''Never Stop'' every night nowadays some nights even ''Rough''is missing....so that says it all...still i say dont miss the show!!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 4, 2007 23:28

Will the 1 Million audience be reached during this leg ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home