Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My Bigger Bang experience
Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: June 27, 2007 19:12

I just faxed my ticket request for London. Planning on going to two shows. My Bigger Bang experience has been awesome. My first show in Ft. Lauderdale is in my mind like it was yesterday. We drove down to where the stones where staying and went to the check in desk to get our backstage passes. We would pick up our tickets at the VIP window at the venue. Each pass has number for your affiliation. After staring at it for awhile, I ran to keep up with the other people in my group. The people who I am friends with have been around the band forever and take this routine as normal. The bar is around the pool and we meet Blondie and talked for about an hour. He got a call to get his gear and head to the band transport to the venue. We headed to garage and said hello to some people and saw the rest of the backup band. We left before any of the stones came out as we had to get our tickets and I wanted to go to the backstage area early. The backstage area is under not what I expected. The food is awesome. (I would go into more detail but I am not chuck.) While eating Charile came by and sat 5 feet away from with some people. He had on pink socks. I tried not to stare. He was laughing and talking about drumming. Then a secuirity guard came and got him. About 5 minutes later a huge guard told me not to get out of my seat and if I behaved I would not have to move. Then all the stones came walking by. They were on their way to a photo op. They were taking to each other. Keith had his arm around Ronnie, Mick was in the lead walking really fast. About 3 minutes later they came back. After awhile my friends came and got me and we headed to camp x-ray. Keith's area was decorated with drapes and scraves. There is a couch and chair with a coffee table at one end and his guitars, a table with snack food and a wardrobe. I took a mini Mr. Goodbar. In the room was Jane Rose and her dog (Ruby Tuesday). Billy Gibson of ZZ Top was talking to Keith about his new book. Billy got up and started to say hello to everyone around him. Keith came over to my friends and shook my hand. I got the nerve up to make a comment about the band playing an Otis redding song in Atlanta he said "We had to his widow was in the audidence" Someone came and brought the set list for that night. He asked did I want to look or be surpised? Ronnie and Charlie came into the room and were looking at a jacket that Keith was complaining about. "wardrobe had better get on this" a loose button. Charlie asked how long it was loose. We had to go because the show was about to begin. We had great seats but I couldn't focus on the show. I went to three more shows. I never meet Mick or got closer then when he strode past. I hung out with Keith in his room in Memphis. I'll write about that another time. True story!!!!!

Re: My Bigger Bang experience
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 27, 2007 19:15

Great story! Tell us about your meeting with Keith, I'm really curious smiling smiley

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 19:19

Great story

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 27, 2007 19:33

Yes, johnhenry, I don't think many of us can tell true stories like that about meeting the Stones personally. Can't wait to hear your story about hanging out with Keef in his room.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: June 27, 2007 19:36

Nice story but man that was hard to read. It felt like one big run-on sentence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home