Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Moody Blues in July
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 27, 2007 10:44

The Moody Blues are playing not far from me in July. Can't believe they are still churning out music. Anyone out there a Moodies fan? What are your fave cds by them? Mine are -

LONG DISTANCE VOYAGEUR
OCTAVE
ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM
7TH SOJOURN
THE PRESENT

Re: Moody Blues in July
Posted by: BarRoomQueen ()
Date: June 27, 2007 10:57

I am a Moody Blues fan - the first album I bought
was 7th Sojourn. Where are they playing?

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 14:37

Where ?

Date: June 27, 2007 16:22

In Canada in Calgary.

Posted by: My Stones ()
Date: June 27, 2007 16:42

YES!!! What can I say about The Noody Blues. I've been a fan since 1974 or so. I've seen them 29 times so far. I have tickets for Toronto and Canandaguia, NY. I also got to get their autographs twice. Justin Hayward is probably the most underated singers, guitarist and songwriters of all time. This man is gifted! If anybody has never seen them. You most go. You'll walk away saying "that was great"!! I love this band! My favorite albums? Seventh Soljourn, In Search Of The Lost Chord and Strange Times.

THE SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 27, 2007 23:19

Hey My Stones, you're a big fan eh? Do you happen to have any bootlegs by them? Maybe we can trade.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 27, 2007 23:37

The last song I remember was "Question".
Last week I spoke with my coleague about the Moody Blues seems that his wife is a huge Moody Blues fan travels around the globe to see them so I think they still go strong.........

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 28, 2007 02:56

My mother used to play the Moody Blues....that album with Tuesday Afternoon on it.....sometimes i play that in my car...its strange i began to really like it!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 28, 2007 03:41

I love the Moodies... but they are the most severe example of a band who USED to put out wonderful albums, and then met with some sort of disastrous songwriting/recording disease in the 80's and haven't put out anything decent in ages... They only put out sappy synth pop now, really awful stuff... but I still find myself sampling every new album they put out, because I love their old stuff SOOOO much... I saw them twice in thhe 80's, both were great shows. I heard they don't tour with Ray Thomas (flute/ vocals) anymore, though.

They had a special on PBS here in the U.S. recently... Justin H still has a strong voice!

Posted by: My Stones ()
Date: June 28, 2007 13:41

tippy2toes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey My Stones, you're a big fan eh? Do you happen
> to have any bootlegs by them? Maybe we can trade.

Not alot worth while is out there. I have a few radio broadcast for the 80's. They are better today. Go buy "Lovely To See You" the latest live double CD. Or the DVD with the same title. It is incredible!! Also the first core seven CD have been reissured in 5:1 stereo along with some rarites. I would go that route.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1356
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home