Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: June 15, 2007 15:07

I read all of it, and - I didnn´t expect or appreciate gossip about the Stones, but there is no information about nothing!!!

The most frequent sentence is "Working with X, Y, Z was great, he is a great musician...."

There is no point in anything! Everyone the guy ever met was "great"!
Above all that, notice the photographes, Chuck always weears the same GRIN, if iit´s Mick or G W Bush or Billy Preston he´s posing with...

He is a nice guy, but that´s the problem in the Stones...
I miss Ian, badly!!!

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 15, 2007 15:13

Chuck's actually now been playing with the Stones longer than Stu ever was, believe it or not...

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: June 15, 2007 15:17

I have nothing against Chuck, and I know he´s around since 1981, but there is really no point in his book. Not one little story about anything he been through, and I know he´s been through a lot!
And this grin... look at the pictures in the blog, it looks like it was always the same Chuck mask...

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: June 15, 2007 15:42

Chuck - quite boring!

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: June 15, 2007 15:43

chuck boring? what a surprise

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: June 15, 2007 15:46

Yip,

Checked the blog, but it's nothing to advice to anybody!

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 15, 2007 16:19

Believe it or not.....here in Wisconsin there was a rumor that
Chuck Leavell was the father of former Green Bay Packer kicker Ryan Longwell.

I have no idea how this rumor got started but it was even
acknowledged in newspaper articles. Sure their last names
are similar but...that's it.

By chance...did this tidbit show up in his autobiography?

I just did a google search.....Ryan Longwell (NFL kicker) actually
started it....check this out (scroll down...near the bottom):

[www2.jsonline.com]

here's another article (scroll down):

[findarticles.com]


IORR............but I like it!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-15 16:25 by sweet neo con.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 15, 2007 16:28

Funny link, neo. I'd never heard that.

I liked Chuck's book - stories about the Allmans, Clapton, Harrison, as well as the Stones. You kinda knew that he wouldn's be naming names or telling where the bodies were buried. For that good stuff, check out Mac's "All The Rage".

"No Anchovies, Please"

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 15, 2007 19:18

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chuck's actually now been playing with the Stones
> longer than Stu ever was, believe it or not...

true, but he dosen't have the legacy; neither live nor on record...stu, as well you know, was a founding stone and a true one...hopkins, stu, nitsche, mac, preston were all more important and indelible pianists...so longetivity? he's got it. quality on record and in concert? imo number six out of six in talent, groove and importance...(even with preston's relatively short stay)...imo chuck seems generic, not just his style, his sound...his 'presence'...everything...

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: June 15, 2007 19:21

Chuck ist the typical person of which you say "He's very nice and very ehm...ehm...- Oh , did you already see Pirates Of The Carribean ?"
There's nothing you can really hate about him and that makes him (also his playing) very boring.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-15 19:23 by Hanns Rainsch.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Date: June 15, 2007 19:53

Hanns Rainsch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chuck ist the typical person of which you say
> "He's very nice and very ehm...ehm...- Oh , did
> you already see Pirates Of The Carribean ?"
> There's nothing you can really hate about him and
> that makes him (also his playing) very boring.


i dunno, if you need something to talk about, just mention the stretchy shirts and the smile . . .

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 15, 2007 19:56

the singer not the bong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hanns Rainsch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Chuck ist the typical person of which you say
> > "He's very nice and very ehm...ehm...- Oh , did
> > you already see Pirates Of The Carribean ?"
> > There's nothing you can really hate about him
> and
> > that makes him (also his playing) very boring.
>
>
> i dunno, if you need something to talk about, just
> mention the stretchy shirts and the smile . . .

you mean his Las Vegas school girl grin ?

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Date: June 15, 2007 19:58

always thought it seemed 'rockettes'.

look at it during LSTNT on the BTB dvd . . . just make sure you have an airsickness bag nearby!

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-15 19:59 by the singer not the bong.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 15, 2007 19:58

Oh well didn't mean any disrespect, but there was one post about Chuck a few months ago, that had me laughing the whole day - before it was removed. The Las Vegas school girl grin was just one of the many ingredients in that post...something about the beard to. Who did that post anyway...?

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 15, 2007 20:21

Click this link...and scroll down (near bottom).
[www2.jsonline.com]



IORR............but I like it!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-15 20:23 by sweet neo con.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Kartoffelsalat ()
Date: June 15, 2007 20:59

KingBee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> And this grin... look at the pictures in the blog,
> it looks like it was always the same Chuck mask...


LOL! True.


Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 15, 2007 21:08

sweet neo con Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Believe it or not.....here in Wisconsin there was
> a rumor that
> Chuck Leavell was the father of former Green Bay
> Packer kicker Ryan Longwell.
>
> I have no idea how this rumor got started but it
> was even
> acknowledged in newspaper articles. Sure their
> last names
> are similar but...that's it.
>
> By chance...did this tidbit show up in his
> autobiography?
>
> I just did a google search.....Ryan Longwell (NFL
> kicker) actually
> started it....check this out (scroll down...near
> the bottom):
>
> [www2.jsonline.com]
>
>
> here's another article (scroll down):
>
> [findarticles.com]
> 970811/ai_n10347384


that was interesting neo con....so what the fvck was his father's "stage name?"

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:17

Chuck bashers annoy the SHIT out of me!

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:29

chuck lovers annoy the shit out of me...they don't join the discussion or state their advocacy or respond to any of the criticism, some really carefully researched, they just get so 'annoyed'...and go off in a huff...would that the annoying mr. leavell would do the same...somewhere there's a tame animal waiting to be shot, and he can't always be there in person on plantation...
but, it would be great if he could be...

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:36

I'm just waiting on a friend.

"No Anchovies, Please"



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-16 19:48 by Elmo Lewis.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:41

I'm just standing in a doorway
I'm just trying to make some sense



Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-16 20:35 by Beelyboy.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:55

Went out walking throught the woods the other day ....

"No Anchovies, Please"



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-16 19:49 by Elmo Lewis.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:56

Went out walkin' through the wood the other day
And the world was a carpet laid before me
The buds were bursting and the air smelled sweet and strange...



Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-16 20:31 by Beelyboy.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 16, 2007 10:09

...... and then there is the griffth park zoo,,, designed for the safety of

the 'wild' animals, constructed to keep humans 'out' of the cages as opposed ta

keepin' the animals in.

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: mofur ()
Date: June 16, 2007 19:42

KingBee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read all of it, and - I didnn´t expect or
> appreciate gossip about the Stones, but there is
> no information about nothing!!!
>
> The most frequent sentence is "Working with X, Y,
> Z was great, he is a great musician...."
>
> There is no point in anything! Everyone the guy
> ever met was "great"!
> Above all that, notice the photographes, Chuck
> always weears the same GRIN, if iit´s Mick or G W
> Bush or Billy Preston he´s posing with...
>
> He is a nice guy, but that´s the problem in the
> Stones...
> I miss Ian, badly!!!


Damn - thought there was a new one out by Chuck BERRY! ;-) He did promise a follow-up back in the day (1986)

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 16, 2007 20:40

oooooh, this book had better be on recyclable paper smiling smiley

Re: Chuck´s autobiography - quite boring!
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 16, 2007 20:53

Beely and Lorenz,
sorry to inform you that it's impossible to find that thread, my ex-computer did turn crazy before I dumped it. However there's a slight chance that Cindy got that one - I'll ask her later



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-16 21:24 by Erik_Snow.



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home